Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
K-5 from Buy.com/Prodigital2000
Posted By: kenafein, 11-03-2011, 09:28 AM

Buy.com has the K-5 listed for 1038.00 "ships from and sold by Prodigital2000". Prodigital is a Canadian company and they provide an aftermarket warranty for international buyers, because Pentax won't honor the Canadian warranty in the box. So I asked Buy.com on their Q&A section if we'd be able to get the USA warranty since their distributor is a Canadian company, but we're buying through their portal. They removed the question from the page. People should know that they're buying from a Canadian company and probably won't be covered in the USA. Other than the warranty provided by Prodigital2000. I don't blame Prodigital here. I've heard very good things about them. They prominently display all pertinent information on their eBay listings. I think Buy.com is being very deceitful here. I don't think I will buy from there again.
Views: 1,184
11-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
interesting to know. Thanks for sharing. I believe the same goes for ProDigital's ebay listings warranty in USA?
11-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Prodigital plainly states that the warranty won't be good for international buyers, but they provide a 3rd party warranty for 1 year. They are honest and upfront about it on their eBay listings. Buy.com hides the fact. I want the USA warranty and I want to buy from a US company so that I can have an extended warranty through my credit card.
11-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Prodigital plainly states that the warranty won't be good for international buyers, but they provide a 3rd party warranty for 1 year. They are honest and upfront about it on their eBay listings. Buy.com hides the fact. I want the USA warranty and I want to buy from a US company so that I can have an extended warranty through my credit card.
I ordered through buy.com, fulfilled by PD2K. PD2K told me I have a 1 yr international warranty, and if there is a problem in the 2nd yr to send back to them and they will handle through Pentax Canada. I bought with Amex, does this mean Amex will not add the extra yr of warranty on it?

11-03-2011, 10:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
https://www212.americanexpress.com/dsmlive/dsm/int/pages/extendedwarrantydet...0037b3ad94RCRD

Valid USA warranty only.
11-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #6

Prodigital2000 is Carmens Fotosource out of Toronto, I am not worried about this. They are a authorized dealer and stated send to them and they take care of it in the 2nd yr. So either Amex or PD2K and I am covered on a product I should not have any problems with anyway
11-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by rx2man Quote
I ordered through buy.com, fulfilled by PD2K. PD2K told me I have a 1 yr international warranty, and if there is a problem in the 2nd yr to send back to them and they will handle through Pentax Canada. I bought with Amex, does this mean Amex will not add the extra yr of warranty on it?
I asked PD2K about the international warranty. Their reply: "The international warranty is valid internationally at any Pentax repair facility."
11-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Deals should be posted in the price watch forum, and please include a link so we can find the deal.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-03-2011, 11:01 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Deals should be posted in the price watch forum, and please include a link so we can find the deal.
I didn't see this as a price watch deal, but as a warning against buying from Buy.com.
11-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rx2man Quote
Prodigital2000 is Carmens Fotosource out of Toronto, I am not worried about this. They are a authorized dealer and stated send to them and they take care of it in the 2nd yr. So either Amex or PD2K and I am covered on a product I should not have any problems with anyway
If that's what they say, I wouldn't worry about it. I just like how AMEX handles warranty issues. In all cases, for my friends, they've just reimbursed the money. They were then able to buy something newer.
11-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have purchased from Prodigital 2000 and have used the international warranty on a couple of lenses without any problem in the United States. I also got a Mack Warranty with one lens, although I haven't needed to use it. I have always found their service to be fine and not had any problem with them.
11-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I rescind my complaint. Buy.com removed the question, but they put it back today with an answer.