Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Super K-5 Deal!
Posted By: fccwpe, 01-18-2012, 07:47 AM

I already have one, but Samy's camera is offering the K-5 (after rebates) for $749. That's half what I paid for mine a year ago!

Leica | K-5 Digital SLR Camera Body (Black) | 14748
Views: 4,847
01-18-2012, 07:50 AM   #2

Frig... That is cheap
01-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What wait??? wow! what's the catch?
01-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Wow, with prices like that, there's just no two ways about it.
The K-5 is the perfect work body.

My wife and I used to shoot with two K20's and a K200 at the hip, but we would have been thrilled to be able to do that with K-5's instead. - great opportunities.

01-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ok - this price did move me off the fence and actually make a decision on acquiring one. So, I did....

The lady on the phone just told me that they are out of stock now. She just said I just ordered their last one. I did not ask if they were going to be able to offer any more at this price.

They are shipping FedEX, no sales tax, instant rebate - signed sealed and out the door at $749 - body only!!!

Oh and they are out of the $20 - 2 year extended warranty, so I need to go to B&H or Adroama or ?????? for that....

Going to load up the truck and drive up to Jerome this morning to shoot some images on my vacation this week - well at least hobble (I have "Das Boot" on) around since I fractured my ankle 2 weeks ago slipping on some ice up in Flagstaff.

01-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
Ok - this price did move me off the fence and actually make a decision on acquiring one. So, I did....

The lady on the phone just told me that they are out of stock now. She just said I just ordered their last one. I did not ask if they were going to be able to offer any more at this price.

They are shipping FedEX, no sales tax, instant rebate - signed sealed and out the door at $749 - body only!!!

Oh and they are out of the $20 - 2 year extended warranty, so I need to go to B&H or Adroama or ?????? for that....

Congratulations!!! What a deal.

BTW, I have absolutely no affiliation with Samy's. I just ran across it surfing for lenses.....
01-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fccwpe Quote
Congratulations!!! What a deal.

BTW, I have absolutely no affiliation with Samy's. I just ran across it surfing for lenses.....
I have to THANK YOU Very Much!!!!!!! for your post.

I have no idea how many they had at this price, however it broke my threshold. 3 years ago I was able to pick up a new K20 for $650. I knew that Sammy's in LA was an authorized dealer, and was reasonable for most things.

... and B&H had the 2 year extended warranty cards in stock for $20!!!!

01-18-2012, 08:31 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Seems like this price helped to move some of their remaining k-5 stock; makes a bit of sense then.
01-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
I have to THANK YOU Very Much!!!!!!! for your post.

I have no idea how many they had at this price, however it broke my threshold. 3 years ago I was able to pick up a new K20 for $650. I knew that Sammy's in LA was an authorized dealer, and was reasonable for most things.

... and B&H had the 2 year extended warranty cards in stock for $20!!!!

You are very welcome. I am always looking to help out our little Pentax community and if i can spread some good news or post a good deal, then I will.

Enjoy your new K5!!!
01-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I can't believe i missed this deal. I called Samy's and they do not have any in order. I guess they just wanted to clear out their stock of K5
01-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I'm so sad I missed this! Darned work!!!
01-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Please be careful with deals that seem too good to be true.

Samy's Camera Reviews - samys.com Ratings at ResellerRatings
01-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Wow so it's all gone now?
01-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #14
Den
Veteran Member

Looks like the deal is still on--ONLINE ONLY. Crap and I just bought mine from Henry's 2 days ago grrrrrr!
01-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Please be careful with deals that seem too good to be true.

Samy's Camera Reviews - samys.com Ratings at ResellerRatings
Thanks for the warning. I know Samy's Camera location over near UCLA in the LA area. I also know folks who have purchased directly from them, that are members here. I received an order confirmation with them already, and its on the credit card for some added protection. The Reseller reviews read as if they are located in NY City. We will see what actually shows up. Anyway - I am off to Jerome.....

But, Thanks for the warning!

One interesting note was that the instant rebate was indicated to be from the Manufacturer?