Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Brand new black Q + 01 with full 12 months AU warranty
Posted By: i_trax, 02-04-2012, 12:56 AM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d?r

plus set 03+04+05:

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d?r

I purchased my Q +01+02 from them, honest people

Last edited by i_trax; 02-05-2012 at 03:02 AM.
Views: 1,145
02-05-2012, 02:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Bid 330, got outbid 350
Even though I wasnt planning to buy Q at that price its like buying a decent P&S, so i thought what the heck. But thanks for letting us know lol
02-05-2012, 03:04 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
you are welcome,
I wasn't planning to buy Q either, but I am happy with my now and I might take just that to Europe
02-05-2012, 03:13 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry to say that I won the auction as well as the 03 04 and 05 lenses at $550 for the camera and 4 lenses I couldn't resist. After all the excitement of the K-01 information and the thought of using all my K glass I thought the Q was going to be a camera off my radar. Now I will be able to explore the Q system while waiting for the K-01 to arrive in Oz. I have all the lenses from the old 110 system which the Q sort of reminds me of in design philosophy. A full system camera delivering good image quality in a very small package. I am sure I have read of someone adapting the 110 lenses for use on the Q and will explore that option down the track. Does anyone have any hints on doing this ?
Edit I now have found the adapter on ebay , now I wait for the post to deliver and the experiment ')

Last edited by garywakeling; 02-05-2012 at 04:07 AM.
02-05-2012, 07:44 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Ah cool, congratulations gary, got to know another pf'er won it If Pentax priced the Q around the price that you got the Q would be one of the best cameras out there!
02-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

I couldn't agree more, the original price was just too high for me to justify to myself purchasing it when I have full K system cameras and Lenses covering a larger range than the Q. However at this price I can take the whole system in a lunchbox and have no excuse for missing a shot. I am sure there will be more available at reasonable prices appearing on ebay over time and with luck I won't be looking for a backup body ,)
02-06-2012, 01:12 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
get spare 1 or 2 battery ( AU eBay US$3.99 from HK delivered - I am waiting for my to be delivered)
any of those, they are identical : Kodak KLIC 7004 = Fuji NP-50 = Pentax DLI68
battery is small and light but does not last long ( 150-170 photos)

02-06-2012, 01:56 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for the tip at those prices for the battery it pays to have some spares. I am itching for the postman to deliver the camera and lenses now. I am also going to order the 110 to Q mount adapter to play around with my old lenses. After researching the forum it looks like I should be able to have some fun playing around at f 2.8 . Perhaps the K mount adapter might make an appearance as some of the forum members going to town with some large K glass for super telephotos. I might wait a little bit and see how the kit lenses go first before going crazy on modifications. Thanks for the interest and previous posts in the forum from which I have gained lots of handy tips to help me with the new purchase
02-06-2012, 06:16 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
it comes via Courier Australian Air Express, ~ 5 days to Perth but you are in Melbourne so it should be quicker.
P110 50mm suppose to be a very good performer on Q, I do not have one, just comments from various forums.
There are some old and new lenses in C mount , easy adaptable to Q:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-q-forum/173752-new-c-mount-lenses-pentax-q.html
and of course K lenses , I have number of them but need still order an adaptor.
enjoy!
02-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi again dont order the K adapter just yet it looks like the Pentax brand adapter is coming soon
02-10-2012, 05:30 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
the Pentax Q-K might cost $300 and one from HK/China is under $50 delivered.
I am going to Europe soon so will not be buying anything before I go, will be back late APR, hopefully Pentax adaptor will be out by then.

Last edited by i_trax; 02-10-2012 at 05:57 AM.