Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pentax Web Store Coupon Code and Adapter In Stock
Posted By: brofkand, 02-08-2012, 05:37 PM

The M42 to K adapter is in stock on Pentax's web store. It's $21.95, the best price I have seen for a genuine adapter. And with the coupon code PENTAXFREE, shipping is free on your entire order. Just passing the info along; I just ordered mine a few days ago and am waiting it to come in.
Views: 4,328
02-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can you post a link please?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Here's the adapter: PentaxWebstore.com: Mount Adapter K(35m m Screwmount to Bayonet)

And here's the coupon code Pentax Coupon Codes - all coupons, discounts and promo codes for pentaxwebstore.com . I've gotten into the habit of searching this site before I buy pretty much anything online.
02-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks for the heads-up brofkand.
Perhaps you can answer a question about the adapter. I have three third-party M42 to K adapters (focus to infinity), all purchased from different vendors, but I suspect they may all be from the same manufacturer. If they are first attached tightly to any of my M42 lenses, they will not fit into any of my K-mounts (ME, K200D, or K-5). I find that I have to either install the adapter into the camera mount first, then screw in the M42 lens, or shim the adapter before fitting on a lens. Have I just gotten poorly made adapters? Would the genuine adapter correct this problem? TIA, Don

02-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by donras Quote
Thanks for the heads-up brofkand.
Perhaps you can answer a question about the adapter. I have three third-party M42 to K adapters (focus to infinity), all purchased from different vendors, but I suspect they may all be from the same manufacturer. If they are first attached tightly to any of my M42 lenses, they will not fit into any of my K-mounts (ME, K200D, or K-5). I find that I have to either install the adapter into the camera mount first, then screw in the M42 lens, or shim the adapter before fitting on a lens. Have I just gotten poorly made adapters? Would the genuine adapter correct this problem? TIA, Don
That's not really the way you want to use the genuine adapter. You mount the adapter then screw in the lens. As RioRico would say, the genuine adapter is about being vanilla and safe.
02-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
That's not really the way you want to use the genuine adapter. You mount the adapter then screw in the lens. As RioRico would say, the genuine adapter is about being vanilla and safe.
I have the genuine adaptor and I've always screwed it onto the lens, and then mounted the lens. Never had a problem. Seems like mounting the adaptor into the body first would be tricky, though I've never actually tried.
02-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #7

BTW, brofkand, thanks for the heads up. I ordered a second one. I always loose things, so it'll be good to have a backup.

02-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have the genuine adapter, mounting on the the camera is tight and secured, then you would want to mount the lens last, really happy to spend an extra few bucks for it, for I heard the cheap knocked off Chinese ones are loose, and lenses sometime fall off from cameras.

Just recently gotten it, and I got a hand down Fujinon 50mm/f2.2 to try it on. It has no auto/manual dial for the pin; and I couldn't get it open (unscrewed everything.) Ended up I super-glued the pin to has it work.

Was orginally want to get the SuperTakumar 50mm/1.4 for it, not so sure about now, I mean, I don't want to superglue the lens again......
02-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tcbubbleleo Quote
Was orginally want to get the SuperTakumar 50mm/1.4 for it, not so sure about now, I mean, I don't want to superglue the lens again......
All of the Super Taks have A/M switches.
02-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #10
Veteran Member

On a somewhat related note, I have an old original Pentax m42 to K adapter. It's quite easy to mount or remove from my K-x using just my fingernails. The only issue I have with it is that it's not an entirely snug fit. Basically, when I turn the focus ring, I sometimes get a clicking sound from the adapter shifting around its mount. Not a big deal with stills, but it gets really annoying when shooting video. Anyone get that same experience with these newer original adapters?
02-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
All of the Super Taks have A/M switches.
recently gotten one STakumar 50mm/1.4 at the local camera show. I did say that I didn't want to get one yet, but it was a beauty and fairly inexpensive compared to Fleabay...

what a superd lens! No problem using the M switch, but I also did superglue the pin just to be safe

That lens with my daughter
Attached Images