Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
B&H- White and Yellow K-01's
Posted By: Adam, 03-16-2012, 03:33 PM

It looks like BH just got a new shipment of the K-01:
Too bad they are closing down orders for the next 24h, though. I still don't get why they do that online
Views: 1,211
03-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Basically it would be the same as having a servant or hired person do your business for you during the Sabbath. It's a fairly solid modern interpretation of the Law. I respect them more because they put their wallet where their faith is consistently in my experience.
03-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Too bad they are closing down orders for the next 24h, though. I still don't get why they do that online
Regardless, since nothing would ship out over the weekend anyway, placing the order on Saturday night (instead of Friday night) is effectively the same in terms of when a buyer would receive their order (as it would go out Monday either way).
03-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
True, but for stuff like first-come-first-served pre-orders, the competition would end up getting the business (notice how Adorama will take orders even if nobody's working Friday afternoon thru Sunday).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Basically it would be the same as having a servant or hired person do your business for you during the Sabbath. It's a fairly solid modern interpretation of the Law. I respect them more because they put their wallet where their faith is consistently in my experience.
And by so doing, though I do not practice the same faith, they earn my continued trade despite what some would think is an unnecessary inconvenience.
03-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #6

Henry P. and others have explained B&H's practices numerous times. And besides, if you look at their position in the photographic world, I really wouldn't worry about it hurting their business!

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
True, but for stuff like first-come-first-served pre-orders, the competition would end up getting the business (notice how Adorama will take orders even if nobody's working Friday afternoon thru Sunday).