Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pentax Logo Travel Mug
Posted By: pete-tarmigan, 03-24-2012, 09:57 AM

On Amazon.com there is a listing for a 14 oz travel mug that is red with the white Pentax logo (lister is "Brand Variety"). The photo of the mug is identical to that in the US Pentax Webstore. There are 4 left in stock. $13.95 not including shipping, but they don't ship outside the US!
Views: 877
03-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
On Amazon.com there is a listing for a 14 oz travel mug that is red with the white Pentax logo (lister is "Brand Variety"). The photo of the mug is identical to that in the US Pentax Webstore. There are 4 left in stock. $13.95 not including shipping, but they don't ship outside the US!

OH I see, you just tease us Europeans.
03-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by snappychappy Quote
OH I see, you just tease us Europeans.
I am not sure if Pete Tarmigan can get it. Pete is located in St Johns, NL, out near where the Titanic sank and where Marconi's historic message was received on the west side of the Atlantic. Last night I was looking at my pictures fromt he trip - taken on a tiny Sony which has not totally failed to operate, but even when it worked was such a frustration that it prompted my interest in going to dSLR. The faults were - no control for the exposure, no focus control, and needing to hold it way out in front where it is hard to hold it steady.

But I am really not sure because when I travelled from St Johns to Indianapolis, I had to pass through border security at Toronto, but US Airways insisted the flight was a domestic flight, I think so that they could charge excess baggage for some technicality of the difference of international and domestic allowances. So the lady at checkin asked for an amount in US dollars. I got my own back: I looked in my pocket and pulled out some Canadian dollars and asked for the price in Canadian. She could not refuse because I was offering the legal tender of the place where the transaction happened. So she had to go away and find out the price, and I insisted on a receipt because my trip was a work trip and my employer uses 'reimbursements' not per diem.

The technical detail of baggage problem was that I had two pieces of baggage, total less than 100lbs, but one was 70lb, which was permitted at the time on the rest of my international trip (2005) which was all on one ticket, and her excuse was that the excess weight makes it hard for the plane to fly. Air Canada had allowed the same things to be checking in St Johns without question on the connecting flight, which was a domestic flight inside Canada.

All I can work out from this is that Canada is part of US if it suits someone, and not part of US if it suits them for some other purpose.
03-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Darn, I was hoping it was a mug shaped like a DA*200/2.8 (that'd be big enough for my morning coffee!).

Those Canikon folks get all the silly lensmugs!