Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I hope someone here got it and it's a good copy
06-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
I hope someone here got it and it's a good copy
It is a good copy, but not my idea of "refurbished" as claimed. The refurbishing provided here amounted to putting the camera in bare minimum condition for sale.

It has a low shutter count, about 1500. It had a slight layer of fine dust suggesting that it has been sitting on a shelf for a few years. The body cap was absent and the fine dust lay on the mirror (which was OK after blowing, but a small goober is still on the focusing screen). The bottom rubber cap is missing. The battery is aftermarket 3rd party.

It is a good deal for the price.

In the end, a little rocket blowing and a moist rag cleaned things up and the camera works well. Given the opportunity I'd buy again at this price. The biggest issue is that the seller should have labeled it something other than "refurbished". Maybe "missing some parts, aftermarket battery". Which puts me off from ever buying from them again. Their "refurb" stuff is a crapshoot.

My other K10D has a non-functioning flash, so I'll replace it with this one and carry on.

06-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aegon Quote
It is a good copy, but not my idea of "refurbished" as claimed. The refurbishing provided here amounted to putting the camera in bare minimum condition for sale.

It has a low shutter count, about 1500. It had a slight layer of fine dust suggesting that it has been sitting on a shelf for a few years. The body cap was absent and the fine dust lay on the mirror (which was OK after blowing, but a small goober is still on the focusing screen). The bottom rubber cap is missing. The battery is aftermarket 3rd party.

It is a good deal for the price.

In the end, a little rocket blowing and a moist rag cleaned things up and the camera works well. Given the opportunity I'd buy again at this price. The biggest issue is that the seller should have labeled it something other than "refurbished". Maybe "missing some parts, aftermarket battery". Which puts me off from ever buying from them again. Their "refurb" stuff is a crapshoot.

My other K10D has a non-functioning flash, so I'll replace it with this one and carry on.
I'm glad you got a good deal, the low shutter count is encouraging. I've bought 3-4 lenses from them before (scratch & dent) which were fine, I returned one with no problem. The one I returned was a Minolta mount listed as a Pentax. I check their site daily as they occasionally get some odd items, that K10d was listed at $350+ the day before. Right now the have an "open box like new" K110D at $358.49. Where's that one been hiding?
06-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #6
Pentaxian

The box I got had a twincheck label on it. I think they must buy some demo units from smaller shops.
06-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #7
Veteran Member

congratulations on the deal.
I recently got a copy of K10d from a previous user at a okey prize (300usd, with the genetic grip). However it has a mirror latent problem (okey I'm not sure whether this is what they call it, but the mirror is latent). After doing a research I found this might occurred on the earlier copies of K10d, which SN from 25xxxx to 26xxxx (or something like it).
Just curious that whether your copy has this issue. Sincerely I don't want to, but you know the possibility.
06-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Hi hongzhibin1987,

Sorry to hear that you've had mirror problems on your K10D. I did a search and found this thread which may be related: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/137330-k10d-mirror-problem.html Other than that, I haven't heard of any mirror issues with the K10D. I haven't had mirror problems on any of the four copies I've owned (1st as a primary camera, replaced by K20D, then as a backup camera to my K-7, replaced by K20D, then as a SDM-Free camera to use with a 50-135mm lens that has broken SDM, then as a replacement which was a good deal and has an operating flash).

I'm currently selling a nice K10D with low shutter count here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-equipment-sale/190239-sale-p...-no-flash.html
The one I'm selling has a broken pop-up flash. Otherwise it works great. If you are interested in replacing your copy to get a working mirror then please take a look at mine.

Either way, best of luck.

06-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Oh thanks for the offering. However I'm not using the K10D for that much----just a back-up camera. And I try to avoid to shoot the horizontal pics ----- to avoid this annoying problem. Maybe someday I'll just fix it by myself.
Good luck selling the K10D.
Best,
B