Show Printable Version Search this Thread

32GB SDHC Memory Card Ultra Class 10 UHS-I $18.95 w/free shipping @ B&H
Posted By: jogiba, 06-11-2012, 08:57 AM

SanDisk 32GB SDHC Memory Card Ultra Class 10 UHS-I

Views: 6,431
06-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #31
Veteran Member

I mean this one.

As far as i known the differnce between this one and the first one in your photo is the sticker, one says class 6 while this one is class 10 but they have the same speed.

06-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
Yeah but the class rating is bogus anyway.

My sansdisk extreme pro do 30MB/s but they are class 6, one year later they are selling the same cards with a new sticker with class 10 on it...

it seems you simply unlock new features with faster card, not that you add support for the card to be able to use it.
Depends on the device, yes. But to be able to take advantage of the fast UHS-1 speeds, there is a hardware component upgrade needed. It is not just firmware. You need newer readers/writers.
Secure Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia says :

"UHS-I cards, specified in SD Version 3.01,[40] support a clock frequency of 100 MHz (a quadrupling of the original Default Speed), which in four-bit transfer mode could transfer 50 MB/s. UHS-I cards declared as UHS104 also support a clock frequency of 208 MHz, which could transfer 104 MB/s. UHS-I is the only class for which products are currently available.[43]"
06-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
I mean this one.

As far as i known the differnce between this one and the first one in your photo is the sticker, one says class 6 while this one is class 10 but they have the same speed.
The first one has the "I" that indicates UHS-1, and is likely faster. Ie. it may actually achieve the 30MB/s. Whereas a non-UHS-1 card probably wouldn't.
My UHS-1 cards all top out around 20MB/s in a non-UHS-1 card reader, even though they go to 50MB/s+ in newer readers.
I wonder how a card can claim 30MB/s but not be UHS-1 ...
06-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by madbrain Quote
The first one has the "I" that indicates UHS-1, and is likely faster. Ie. it may actually achieve the 30MB/s. Whereas a non-UHS-1 card probably wouldn't.
My UHS-1 cards all top out around 20MB/s in a non-UHS-1 card reader, even though they go to 50MB/s+ in newer readers.
I wonder how a card can claim 30MB/s but not be UHS-1 ...
My card class 6 does in real life do 28MB/s for read and write that's faster then the card advertised here with Class 10 UHS-I

06-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by madbrain Quote
Depends on the device, yes. But to be able to take advantage of the fast UHS-1 speeds, there is a hardware component upgrade needed. It is not just firmware. You need newer readers/writers.
Secure Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia says :

"UHS-I cards, specified in SD Version 3.01,[40] support a clock frequency of 100 MHz (a quadrupling of the original Default Speed), which in four-bit transfer mode could transfer 50 MB/s. UHS-I cards declared as UHS104 also support a clock frequency of 208 MHz, which could transfer 104 MB/s. UHS-I is the only class for which products are currently available.[43]"
I know i wrote about that 4 comments earlier =]

But it's very strange you need a firmware upgrade for class 10 cards.
06-14-2012, 04:26 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Reply from Sandisk.

QuoteQuote:
Thank you for emailing SanDisk Technical Support. It is our goal to make sure you have all the resources you need to get the most from your product.

I understand that you have purchased a SanDisk Ultra 30MB/s UHS-I 32GB SDHC card. On the link you provided you can see in the text that the card is UHS-I but on the package of the card you can not see the UHS-I logo. When you look on the package next to "SDHC" you will see "I". This is the current UHS-I logo.

UHS utilizes a new data bus that will not work in non-UHS host devices. If you use a UHS memory card in a non-UHS host, it will default to the standard data bus and use the "Speed Class" rating instead of the "UHS Speed Class" rating. This means that indeed, as you said, a UHS-I card can indeed be used in a device which doesn't support UHS. UHS memory cards have a full higher potential of recording real time broadcasts, capturing large-size HD videos and extremely high quality professional HD.