Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
K-30 is now out on BHPhotovideo and Amazon
Posted By: LeDave, 07-05-2012, 02:40 PM

K-30 is now out on BHPhotovideo and Amazon. Not exactly price watch but camera release date watch, =P But I felt this is the correct place to put it.

EDIT: Just saw this also https://www.pentaxforums.com/news/pentax-k-30-now-in-stock-at-bh.html

Last edited by LeDave; 07-05-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Views: 1,227
07-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Amazon has them too. They are selling out quickly based on what I've seen over the past hour or so.
07-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
They are selling out quickly based on what I've seen over the past hour or so.
Amazon is still showing the exact quantities now as when I posted the screen shot from an hour ago [in the other thread] - are they selling out at B&H or something?
07-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
Amazon is still showing the exact quantities now as when I posted the screen shot from an hour ago [in the other thread] - are they selling out at B&H or something?
I watched the numbers move up and down during my last visit to Amazon's site. As I said, they seem to change the # available based on how many are in carts and then back in the pool when the cart expires. Seems to be both a lot of purchases and a lot of looking going on today.

07-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Or maybe it's just me looking at those few on the first page. Oh well, would love to hear some user comments next week on it so we will get a feel for how the K3 is gonna be - if the K30 is a good quality piece than we can certainly expect a knockout for the K3...
07-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Or maybe it's just me looking at those few on the first page. Oh well, would love to hear some user comments next week on it so we will get a feel for how the K3 is gonna be - if the K30 is a good quality piece than we can certainly expect a knockout for the K3...
I agree with you. We're already getting some posts from NZ on the K-30. The video of it focusing in LV is pretty impressive even if its at his desk. Which one is the K3 - the K5 replacement or the mythical FF?
07-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Which one is the K3 - the K5 replacement or the mythical FF?
The K5 replacement (or the upgraded APS-C platform) - FF from Pentax just isn't going to happen, they have only said it in so many different words, others don't want to hear that though...

07-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #8
Veteran Member

The K5 replacement (or the upgraded APS-C platform) - FF from Pentax just isn't going to happen, they have only said it in so many different words, others don't want to hear that though...
Thanks. I thought that the K3 would be for the K5 but wanted to make sure.
07-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I definitely agree on the K-30 being so close to the K-5 in terms of specifications that for the K-3 to come out it will surely have to be better than the K-30 itself meaning it will have to be significantly better than the K-5, because the K-30 not even semi-pro but a mid-end has virtually same specifications as K-5 but better AF and better video.
07-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
I definitely agree on the K-30 being so close to the K-5 in terms of specifications that for the K-3 to come out it will surely have to be better than the K-30 itself meaning it will have to be significantly better than the K-5, because the K-30 not even semi-pro but a mid-end has virtually same specifications as K-5 but better AF and better video.
From the horses mouth in Japan (salesperson for Ricoh I believe) there were three more cameras to be introduced this year (at the time this sort of leaked), we have already seen the first two with the third one to be revealed at photokina in september, K5 is now discontinued so it's pretty much a sure thing it is the K5 replacement that will be revealed, we note the K3 name but obviously no one is really certain on the name yet, it does go along with history though...