Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
K-5 $799 eBay daily deal
Posted By: Ubuntu_user, 07-06-2012, 08:46 AM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

$799 from beach camera on ebay daily deal. A wonderful price for an unbeatable camera.

Pentax K-5 Weatherproof Digital SLR Digital Camera Body w/ 1080p HD Video 27075176546 | eBay
Views: 5,207
07-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have been trying to avoid noticing all the great deals! Mine was ok...bought it through Ebay last week (for $869) and it finally arrived today, (9 days for free shipping) but I didn't remember to check the warranty situation and it turns out to be a Canadian only warranty... doh

07-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Kaiserz, I don't know if you could get a extended +2 years manufacturer warranty with this for 20 bucks like you can on BHPhotovideo and Adorama. However there's an option on that K-5 from BeachCamera that allows you to get extended 3 year non-manufacturer warranty for an additional $99 or a extended 3 year non-manufacturer warranty that covers even accidents for $149.

EDIT: Nvm, I guess you can! Thanks Docrwm from above ^^ You might as well get the cheaper warranty for 20 bucks!
NEVER take the non-Pentax warranty on a new camera. The Pentax 2 year extension comes with a free cleaning on top of the warranty.
07-06-2012, 01:50 PM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

Don't forget the 2-year extended warranty for $20!
http://www.adorama.com/IPXEWKX.html?utm_term=Other&utm_...ce=rflaid65093
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/753276-REG/Pentax_80227_Two_Year_Exten...anty_for.html/

This may show my ignorance but it was pure chance that I found out that Pentax offers a $19 2 year extended warranty on their K body cameras. If I had known at the time I would have purchased one for my K-x. I did this time for the K5.

So, while old hands may be well aware that Adorama, B&H and other ADs sell these warranty cards for genuine Pentax extended warranty's for an absurdly low sum - I believe that many here may be completely unaware of this and miss an opportunity.

You must purchase the extended warranty, in the US at least, within 30 days of the purchase of your K model body. You need to keep copies of the invoice/sales receipt for both the camera and warranty along with the warranty card itself.

Pentax Two Years Extended Warranty for K Series Digital SLR Cameras.
FEATURES:
  • PENTAX Imaging Company warrants to the original purchaser the product to operate according to factory specifications for a period of three years from the original date of purchase (one-year standard + two-year extended)
  • Pentax will provide, at no charge, one complete check-up at any time during the warranty period. This includes inspection of all camera functions to see that they meet factory specifications.
07-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
So far they have sold 37 of them with 4 days left to go.

07-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
So far they have sold 37 of them with 4 days left to go.
I believe 4 days is the time the camera listing is up. However 1 day for the $100 off sale which is until the end of today in Pacific/California time. I wouldn't be surprised to see the price go back up to normal by tomorrow with 3 days left on the camera list.
07-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Wow! That's amazing. I wonder how many of them are members here?
At least one "here"!! I literally had the K-5 in my Adorama shopping cart late last night but I was too tired and thought I'd complete the transaction tomorrow/today since I'll have to open an account. I called them today after business hours and was routed to their Asia call center. I asked if they will match it but unfortunately and understandably they cannot because the low price is from an auction site. So I dove on the $799 K-5 at Beach Camera....what have I done
07-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K57XR Quote
At least one "here"!! I literally had the K-5 in my Adorama shopping cart late last night but I was too tired and thought I'd complete the transaction tomorrow/today since I'll have to open an account. I called them today after business hours and was routed to their Asia call center. I asked if they will match it but unfortunately and understandably they cannot because the low price is from an auction site. So I dove on the $799 K-5 at Beach Camera....what have I done
Good for you! Don't forget to buy the 2 year extended warranty from Adorama or B&H for $20!

07-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I remember two years ago this time when the K-7 was down in the $700 mark... the K-5 came at Photokina. I suspect the same will happen this time as well. Which means that the K-5 has really been a great camera, sticking around for two years!

Oh yeah, and btw, this is about as good of price you'll ever find on a new K-5. Not to long from now the price will only go up...
07-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #24

well, it was an offer i couldn't refuse. i was gonna wait for the k5 replacement to come out before making a decision but at this price, the deal is sealed. guess i'll check out the k5 sub-forum for info on spare batteries, etc.
07-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rickxx Quote
well, it was an offer i couldn't refuse. i was gonna wait for the k5 replacement to come out before making a decision but at this price, the deal is sealed. guess i'll check out the k5 sub-forum for info on spare batteries, etc.
I've got several spares and these from Amazon were indecently cheap and have worked amazingly well for me.
Amazon.com: NEEWER

I can run my K-5 with its battery grip and those 2 batteries all day at Disney with my family and still have power left (fill 3 16gb cards per day - don't judge me )
07-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Good for you! Don't forget to buy the 2 year extended warranty from Adorama or B&H for $20!
Sure will. I too wasn't aware of it until I came a thread here not too long ago. BTW count is now 51 sold and still shows more than 10 available; how many do they have in stock?
07-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K57XR Quote
Sure will. I too wasn't aware of it until I came a thread here not too long ago. BTW count is now 51 sold and still shows more than 10 available; how many do they have in stock?
No knowing but its a terrific deal. Congratulations again.
07-07-2012, 01:33 AM   #28

I got one too! Thanks for the link to the pentax extended warranty. For 20$, I'll take an additional 2 years. I'll grab it after the camera arrives ~Tuesday.
07-07-2012, 04:14 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

60 sold so far and the price is still $799 this morning.
07-07-2012, 05:30 AM   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaximus Quote
60 sold so far and the price is still $799 this morning.
Some crazy nuts are buying 3 at a time! People will hedge on anything...
(Back to telling myself I don't need a backup for my backup...)