Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Patriot LX Series 64 GB SDXC Class 10 $36.99 w/free shipping
Posted By: jogiba, 07-16-2012, 05:36 AM

Newegg.com - Patriot LX 64GB Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC) Flash Card Model PSF64GSDXC10

QuoteQuote:
At first, I tested the Patriot LX Series 64GB SDXC card on my Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP monitor's card reader over USB 2.0, but it did not perform nearly as well as I have hoped -- so I quickly switched to my laptop, and thanks to the PCI Express based Ricoh card reader as aforementioned, the results turned out to be very impressive. Also, back on the comparison list are a couple of oldies; namely the ATP ProMax II SD Class 6 2GB and A-DATA SDHC Class 6 Eee PC Edition 8GB I have reviewed back in 2008. As you can see in our graphs above, the Patriot SDXC card didn't perform too well initially in small transfer sizes -- but it quickly regained prominence after 64KB in the write benchmark, and 8KB in the read benchmark. This lead continued well after that, and flattens out at an impressive 32MB/s write and 59MB/s read. Normally, if this was a USB flash drive, I would have criticized it for its low small file I/O performance. However, since you are going to be dealing with primarily large files anyway, the Patriot LX Series SDXC 64GB is simply going to smoke everything in its way in real world usage. Based on my real life experiences using my Canon EOS 60D dSLR camera, shooting videos in 1080p, or firing off a burst of shots is not going to be a problem at all -- the Patriot LX Series SDXC 64GB is simply not going to be your bottleneck.
Patriot LX Series SDXC 64GB Review | APH Networks

Views: 1,070
07-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Its coming up $49 when I click through, which is what Amazon is selling it for as well.
07-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
Banned

Original Poster
I guess it was on sale at Newegg when I posted it. B&H had many one day sales on Sandisk SDHC/SDXC cards the last few months and I try to stick with Sandisk or Panasonic .
07-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
I guess it was on sale at Newegg when I posted it. B&H had many one day sales on Sandisk SDHC/SDXC cards the last few months and I try to stick with Sandisk or Panasonic .
It happens. I use SanDisk primarily too.

07-18-2012, 02:09 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Strange. This is clearly UHS-1 speed.

I thought the LX series were not UHS-1.

It looks like Patriot has made several versions of this card.

Here is the one from Newegg which has the UHS-1 logo in the bottom right corner, next to the words "SD XC":

Here is the one from Fry's which doesn't have the UHS-1 logo :

Fry's link :
FRYS.com

Both have the same part number PSF64GSDXC10 .

The newegg sale appears to have ended.

The best deal IMO is to get the Patriot EP which is UHS-1

$44.99 for the 64GB :
FRYS.com

$22 for 32GB :

FRYS.com

Looks like fry's will ship them for $2 .