Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
K-30 @ $676usd, da18-135wr @ $334usd!
Posted By: frank, 07-20-2012, 07:42 AM

Guess you guys wanna check these deals out: K-30 selling @ $850SGD (~$676USD), DA18-135WR @ $420SGD (~$334USD):

Pentax Web Store

Free worldwide Express shipping included too!

Good for you guys from out side Singapore. For us locals in Singapore we have to add GST
Views: 15,926
07-30-2012, 07:29 AM   #136
Senior Member
metalmania's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 253
just an update on my shipping:

The package cleared custom on Saturday and would arrive on schedule which is tomorrow. I guess my FCC 740 form was filled right then.

07-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #137
Site Supporter
loco's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,836
QuoteOriginally posted by metalmania Quote
just an update on my shipping:

The package cleared custom on Saturday and would arrive on schedule which is tomorrow. I guess my FCC 740 form was filled right then.
Good news!
07-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #138
Forum Member




Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 71
The FedEx driver came just now, but I refused the package, as there is a mistake on the additional bill.

13% HST + ROD fee $10CAD before tax (guess it is the brokerage fee, not a big deal)

FedEx used the $420 USD currency other than SGD to calculate the tax for me, stupid!
After correction, I would pay the extra $55CAD. It will be delivered again tomorrow.
07-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #139
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.T Quote
The FedEx driver came just now, but I refused the package, as there is a mistake on the additional bill.

13% HST + ROD fee $10CAD before tax (guess it is the brokerage fee, not a big deal)

FedEx used the $420 USD currency other than SGD to calculate the tax for me, stupid!
After correction, I would pay the extra $55CAD. It will be delivered again tomorrow.
Good checking. They have also been known to check the price via Google and figure taxes based on the amount they find online rather than the actual amount paid.

07-31-2012, 11:38 AM - 1 Like   #140
Senior Member
metalmania's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 253
Fedex just delivered my K-30. God! This camera is so cool!
07-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #141
Site Supporter
ChipB's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX area
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,509
Received an email from Pentax Singapore yesterday stating my order (K-30) was shipped and gave me a FedEx tracking number.

About 30 minutes ago, got a call from FedEx wanting an email address so they could send me the FCC form that I needed to fill out - did so and just sent it back - thanks again to Metalmania for providing the info!! Now I just have to wait!!

Interesting, to me at least, is that the Port of Entry is Anchorage.
07-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #142
Senior Member
metalmania's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 253
QuoteOriginally posted by ChipB Quote
Received an email from Pentax Singapore yesterday stating my order (K-30) was shipped and gave me a FedEx tracking number.

About 30 minutes ago, got a call from FedEx wanting an email address so they could send me the FCC form that I needed to fill out - did so and just sent it back - thanks again to Metalmania for providing the info!! Now I just have to wait!!

Interesting, to me at least, is that the Port of Entry is Anchorage.
Don't worry. They all go by Anchorage. Once you send them the form, they usually clear it in the same day.

Forgot to mention that the camera is indeed new in the K30/18-135 kit box. Did some rough shots with 35/2.4 in very poor light, K30 nailed it every time. No hesitations. I feel its AF is as fast as the 60D in low light. Good enough for me.
07-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #143
Forum Member
laolao's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 67
Thanks for sharing. Considering whether need to get that K-01 for my wife.

07-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #144
Forum Member
laolao's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 67
Hi, metalmania,

Would you please share the timeline of the whole process? such as place order, shipping date, etc. thanks a lot.


QuoteOriginally posted by metalmania Quote
Don't worry. They all go by Anchorage. Once you send them the form, they usually clear it in the same day.

Forgot to mention that the camera is indeed new in the K30/18-135 kit box. Did some rough shots with 35/2.4 in very poor light, K30 nailed it every time. No hesitations. I feel its AF is as fast as the 60D in low light. Good enough for me.
07-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #145
Senior Member
metalmania's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 253
QuoteOriginally posted by laolao Quote
Hi, metalmania,

Would you please share the timeline of the whole process? such as place order, shipping date, etc. thanks a lot.
Ordered on July 20.
Attached Images
 
07-31-2012, 02:02 PM   #146
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Gotta love the help that members here give each other.
07-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #147
Senior Member
metalmania's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 253
Just one reminder: The charger has an EU type plug and input voltage is 120V. That means you cannot plug it into a US socket, and you cannot use it abroad where 220V is the standard. I am worried. I have this charger which works:

DC112 Wall Charger For PENTAX D-LI109 battery new | eBay
08-01-2012, 04:18 AM   #148
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by metalmania Quote
Just one reminder: The charger has an EU type plug and input voltage is 120V. That means you cannot plug it into a US socket, and you cannot use it abroad where 220V is the standard. I am worried. I have this charger which works:

DC112 Wall Charger For PENTAX D-LI109 battery new | eBay
Sorry about the charger issue but I got one for $9 when I had my Kr and it was nicer than the OEM charger.
08-01-2012, 04:43 AM   #149
Site Supporter
loco's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,836
QuoteOriginally posted by ChipB Quote
Received an email from Pentax Singapore yesterday stating my order (K-30) was shipped and gave me a FedEx tracking number.

About 30 minutes ago, got a call from FedEx wanting an email address so they could send me the FCC form that I needed to fill out - did so and just sent it back - thanks again to Metalmania for providing the info!! Now I just have to wait!!

Interesting, to me at least, is that the Port of Entry is Anchorage.
I'm pleased your K-30 is on its way to you, Chip. After seeing your post, I cancelled my order. I ordered the same day as you and they still could not give me an estimate on when my order would ship. It has been a full business day in Singapore, and they have not yet processed my refund.

On the bright side, my K-30 kit will be arriving from Amazon today! Now if only I had the money to pay for it.
08-01-2012, 05:46 AM   #150
Senior Member
metalmania's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 253
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Sorry about the charger issue but I got one for $9 when I had my Kr and it was nicer than the OEM charger.
Any deal on the genuine K-R charger?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
da18-135wr, guys, k-30, pentax deals, singapore
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted - Acquired: Da18-135wr apisto Sold Items 0 02-19-2012 07:23 AM
For Sale - Sold: K20d, da18-135wr, F50/1.7 apisto Sold Items 5 01-24-2012 09:29 AM
For Sale - Sold: K20D, K-x, *ist DS, FA28mm f2.8, DA18-250mm, DA18-55mm AL II, M50mm f1.4 (CONU EsBee Sold Items 13 05-17-2011 03:56 PM
DA18-135 or DA18-250? jatrax Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 17 04-25-2011 08:41 PM
18-55WR vs 18-135WR ? hoanpham Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 11 02-14-2011 05:48 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:02 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top