Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
K-30 @ $676usd, da18-135wr @ $334usd!
Posted By: frank, 07-20-2012, 07:42 AM

Guess you guys wanna check these deals out: K-30 selling @ $850SGD (~$676USD), DA18-135WR @ $420SGD (~$334USD):

Pentax Web Store

Free worldwide Express shipping included too!

Good for you guys from out side Singapore. For us locals in Singapore we have to add GST
Views: 16,331
08-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #181
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
laolao's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 71
got the uv for 18-135 today, will try it out.

08-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #182
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
laolao's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 71
Prices all up! Deal is gone.
08-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #183
Veteran Member
raider's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,947
Actually the price remains the same. They have added the 7% GST tax onto the price (which gives the impression that prices went up) but this tax can be subtracted if u are ordering from overseas during checkout....
08-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #184
Pentaxian
Clicker's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,241
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Those prices are very good. Even the 645D with the DFA50 is starting to look interesting. It's also interesting to note that only the black version of the K30 is available body-only, and the coloured bodies are only available bundled with the DA18-55AL, suggesting they're running these lenses out or aiming the coloured bodies at new DSLR buyers.

That aside, you shouldn't complain too loudly about paying taxes - look at what happened when the Greek people didn't!
fear not we in Canada (Ontario) have to pay not only HST15% (Ontario tax) but handling and import fees which im not sure how much *i think another 15~20%*

Oh...thanks Frank for the heads up on the prices....those are amazing deals with currency exchange rates!

08-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #185
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,271
QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
fear not we in Canada (Ontario) have to pay not only HST15% (Ontario tax) but handling and import fees which im not sure how much *i think another 15~20%*

Oh...thanks Frank for the heads up on the prices....those are amazing deals with currency exchange rates!
HST is 13% not 15

the handling and import charges from Fedex/UPS etc you can avoid by self clearing (see links earlier in the thread - very useful) . Essentially tell them you will be doing your own brokerage as soon as you have the tracking number. you can clear it as soon as you have a copy of the paperwork from the shipping
No duties just hst and a small fee from customs (you do have to go to a local customs office though)

HST 13%, and self broker it and avoid the fees see the link in post below. there should be no fees from the carrier for this

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-price-watch/193133-k-30-676usd-da1...ml#post2039463
08-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #186
Pentaxian
Clicker's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,241
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
HST is 13% not 15

the handling and import charges from Fedex/UPS etc you can avoid by self clearing (see links earlier in the thread - very useful) . Essentially tell them you will be doing your own brokerage as soon as you have the tracking number. you can clear it as soon as you have a copy of the paperwork from the shipping
No duties just hst and a small fee from customs (you do have to go to a local customs office though)

HST 13%, and self broker it and avoid the fees see the link in post below. there should be no fees from the carrier for this

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-price-watch/193133-k-30-676usd-da1...ml#post2039463
I should start checking my change

but i'm holding out to see what Pentax has coming...i'm passing on my Canon to younger eyes and larger arms (nephews)...i don't want M43 Pentax is the only lightweight-heavyweight out there imo but i am tempted by Panasonics FZ200 and LX7 combo now...that's about as much as i want to carry now.
I'll also probably support my local dealer

Last edited by Clicker; 08-14-2012 at 01:46 PM.
08-15-2012, 12:28 AM   #187
New Member




Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7
k-30 charger?

unboxed k-30 order placed! i spoke with emjay and they told me the charger would be dual voltage and work in the US.

but metalmania mentioned he received a 120V charger with euro plug... strange, if it's not a "world" 120/240V i would expect it to be 240V with a funky plug for the domestic Singaporean market.

can any k-30 buyers let me know what you got? thanks.
08-15-2012, 12:55 AM   #188
Veteran Member
raider's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,947
Congrats!

I wanted to place an order for the K-30 white body only as an unboxed version but Emjay replied that they cant do the unbundle version for the white and blue K-30. Only the black K-30 is possible.

So did you buy the black version?

If you managed to get the white/blue version, I am going to cancel my order with my local camera store and buy from Emjay instead.

08-15-2012, 07:45 AM   #189
New Member




Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7
I wanted and ordered the black version. Based on this thread and what's listed on the website, only the black version is available unboxed.
08-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #190
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 207
FYI - I ordered the 18-135 WR a few weeks ago and received fairly quickly, but yesterday I just got bill from FedEx for Tax/Duty fees - so for those in the states, add another ~$16USD to the total price!
08-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #191
Senior Member
metalmania's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 253
QuoteOriginally posted by qdoan Quote
FYI - I ordered the 18-135 WR a few weeks ago and received fairly quickly, but yesterday I just got bill from FedEx for Tax/Duty fees - so for those in the states, add another ~$16USD to the total price!
Did Fedex ask you for the FCC form? If you fill the form correctly, there should be zero tax duty.

I just got the Fedex bill too, showing $0.00 fees as expected.
08-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #192
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
laolao's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 71
I should probably expect this since I didn't get any form request before the delivery.


QuoteOriginally posted by qdoan Quote
FYI - I ordered the 18-135 WR a few weeks ago and received fairly quickly, but yesterday I just got bill from FedEx for Tax/Duty fees - so for those in the states, add another ~$16USD to the total price!
08-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #193
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by laolao Quote
I should probably expect this since I didn't get any form request before the delivery.
Submit the form along with the Treaty citations offered in this thread governing importing from Singapore and request a re-evaluation of the fees. It ought to have been done up front.
08-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #194
Veteran Member
frank's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,202
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pentrax Quote
unboxed k-30 order placed! i spoke with emjay and they told me the charger would be dual voltage and work in the US.

but metalmania mentioned he received a 120V charger with euro plug... strange, if it's not a "world" 120/240V i would expect it to be 240V with a funky plug for the domestic Singaporean market.

can any k-30 buyers let me know what you got? thanks.
As far as I know all Pentax chargers (sold here in Singapore) are 100~240v compatible, and the plug should be euro type.
08-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #195
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
As far as I know all Pentax chargers (sold here in Singapore) are 100~240v compatible, and the plug should be euro type.
Each of the Pentax chargers I have gotten has been 120-240v compatible too and each has been the box with detachable cord type making swapping out for different plugs rather easy. Is that the type provided in Singapore too?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
da18-135wr, guys, k-30, pentax deals, singapore
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted - Acquired: Da18-135wr apisto Sold Items 0 02-19-2012 07:23 AM
For Sale - Sold: K20d, da18-135wr, F50/1.7 apisto Sold Items 5 01-24-2012 09:29 AM
For Sale - Sold: K20D, K-x, *ist DS, FA28mm f2.8, DA18-250mm, DA18-55mm AL II, M50mm f1.4 (CONU EsBee Sold Items 13 05-17-2011 03:56 PM
DA18-135 or DA18-250? jatrax Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 17 04-25-2011 08:41 PM
18-55WR vs 18-135WR ? hoanpham Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 11 02-14-2011 05:48 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:45 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top