Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
K-30 @ $676usd, da18-135wr @ $334usd!
Posted By: frank, 07-20-2012, 07:42 AM

Guess you guys wanna check these deals out: K-30 selling @ $850SGD (~$676USD), DA18-135WR @ $420SGD (~$334USD):

Pentax Web Store

Free worldwide Express shipping included too!

Good for you guys from out side Singapore. For us locals in Singapore we have to add GST
Views: 21,029
07-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #31
Forum Member

Can't wait for a moment, and have ordered one 18-135, costs $348 CAD. As far as i know, most of 18-135 used here are sold about $400!

07-22-2012, 01:42 AM   #32
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Hi Peter

The warranty offered by Pentax requires you to send back your K-30 back to Singapore to the Singapore Pentax distributor who will pay for delivery back to your address within the 12 month warranty period. Terms & conditions apply.

You may apply for a "tourist warranty" at Pentax USA or other Pentax distributorships in your country if they support such a feature though I can't always promise you'll be granted such a warranty. Please check with your local Pentax distributor if you want to apply for this type of warranty.

thanks and best regards,

Pentaxwebstore.sg Administrator
07-22-2012, 04:14 AM   #33
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Anson Quote
Hi Peter

The warranty offered by Pentax requires you to send back your K-30 back to Singapore to the Singapore Pentax distributor who will pay for delivery back to your address within the 12 month warranty period. Terms & conditions apply.

You may apply for a "tourist warranty" at Pentax USA or other Pentax distributorships in your country if they support such a feature though I can't always promise you'll be granted such a warranty. Please check with your local Pentax distributor if you want to apply for this type of warranty.

thanks and best regards,

Pentaxwebstore.sg Administrator
How about the lens 18-135 warranty?
07-22-2012, 04:20 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My understanding is that Pentax offers a one year international warranty, which would allow for service in your own country. If they wanted to put up a fuss about a product being gray market, they could, and make you send it back to Singapore, but in my experience, they don't and will take care of you in this country (I haven't bought camera bodies from abroad, but I have purchased several lenses from Canada and Pentax USA has taken care of them under warranty).

07-22-2012, 05:13 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
My understanding is that Pentax offers a one year international warranty, which would allow for service in your own country. If they wanted to put up a fuss about a product being gray market, they could, and make you send it back to Singapore, but in my experience, they don't and will take care of you in this country (I haven't bought camera bodies from abroad, but I have purchased several lenses from Canada and Pentax USA has taken care of them under warranty).
Interesting. Well, does that go both ways? Would Pentax Singapore send me an International Warranty card if I bought something there and had it sent to the U.S.? Odd that they never mentioned that option when I wrote the Singapore store and got the same response as Peter. Unless that's what they meant when they mentioned the "tourist warranty". But then they said I'd have to apply to Pentax USA for that.
07-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #36
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

I've got stuff that overlap that entire range, so if I had to send it off for repair then I still have something to use while it is being repaired, whether here in the US or in Singapore. I'm not terribly worried myself.
07-23-2012, 08:05 AM - 3 Likes   #37
Veteran Member

Well, this is interesting, at least to me.... I emailed Pentax US to inquire about the warranty if the camera is bought from Pentax Singapore. Here is the relevant part of the response from Randall S.

"PENTAX US would honor the standard one year warranty on a K-30 purchased outside of the US if the camera is purchased new, from a dealer, and you could provide a dated proof of purchase document. PENTAX extended warranties must be purchased in the country where the camera is purchased. An extended warranty on a camera purchased outside of the US is not valid in the US."

I don't know if Pentax Singapore offers an extended warranty. I really would want one with any DSLR purchase, especially considering the price is so cheap. I cannot find one on their website. Does anyone know?

Anyway, if you are willing to go without the extended warranty, it appears Pentax US will honor the one year warranty if purchased from Pentax Singapore and you do not actually have to send the camera back to Singapore during that time period.

07-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Well, this is interesting, at least to me.... I emailed Pentax US to inquire about the warranty if the camera is bought from Pentax Singapore. Here is the relevant part of the response from Randall S.

"PENTAX US would honor the standard one year warranty on a K-30 purchased outside of the US if the camera is purchased new, from a dealer, and you could provide a dated proof of purchase document. PENTAX extended warranties must be purchased in the country where the camera is purchased. An extended warranty on a camera purchased outside of the US is not valid in the US."

I don't know if Pentax Singapore offers an extended warranty. I really would want one with any DSLR purchase, especially considering the price is so cheap. I cannot find one on their website. Does anyone know?

Anyway, if you are willing to go without the extended warranty, it appears Pentax US will honor the one year warranty if purchased from Pentax Singapore and you do not actually have to send the camera back to Singapore during that time period.
Very nice of you to investigate that issue. Could have saved someone the trouble of sending it overseas down the road. +1 to you.
07-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #39

Anyone who ordered the K-30, did you get the shipping update?
07-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Some pretty good pricing, but nothing to overly tempt me. I'm looking at the FA77 and it is $30 cheaper right now for me to buy a Canadian warranty version (2 year) 829 versus 850 after conversion (pro digital price but all my local dealers match them since they are in effect Carmens Foto Source in Stratford)

But the pricing is as good or better than our most aggressive dealers and definitely better than some of the US pricing (645D with the lens works out at 1127 cdn, locally it would be about a grand more
07-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #41
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Just got shipping confirmation and a fedex tracking number!
07-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Just got shipping confirmation and a fedex tracking number!
Congratulations.

07-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #43
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Supposed to be here on Friday. I hope it is so I can play with it this weekend!
07-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #44
Forum Member

Does somebody know if shipping to Canada from Singapore, will the federal and provincial tax be charged or not? 13% HST sounds too much
07-25-2012, 05:07 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.T Quote
Does somebody know if shipping to Canada from Singapore, will the federal and provincial tax be charged or not? 13% HST sounds too much
HST is always collected by the couriers. they also ding you with a brokerage fee which can get stupid. I will not buy myself if it can not come via post. Canada post will collect HST on larger purchases, but anything under about 60-70 seems to slide through. been a while since i had to pay it but i think they charge about $2.50 for the brokering versus as much as $50 with the couriers