Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
refurbished sigma lenses on sale
Posted By: momotazur, 08-15-2012, 09:24 AM

Sigma Outlet Shop | sigmaphoto.com
Views: 6,396
08-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #31
Pentaxian
Edgar_in_Indy's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Indiana, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,554
QuoteOriginally posted by metalmania Quote
Bad news is.....no bad news.
The only bad news is that they're sold out. What camera are you using the lens with?

08-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #32
Senior Member
metalmania's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 253
QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
The only bad news is that they're sold out. What camera are you using the lens with?
K30
08-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #33
Pentaxian
Edgar_in_Indy's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Indiana, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,554
QuoteOriginally posted by metalmania Quote
K30
A perfect match! I've been singing the praises of this lens for the last couple years, so I'm glad it worked out so well for you.

You know, I think that in a way, I might be more comfortable with a "refurbished" lens than I would a brand new lens off the shelf. With a refurbished lens, you know that a technician has personally gone through and tested the lens to make sure it's working perfectly.
08-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #34
Senior Member
metalmania's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 253
QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
A perfect match! I've been singing the praises of this lens for the last couple years, so I'm glad it worked out so well for you.

You know, I think that in a way, I might be more comfortable with a "refurbished" lens than I would a brand new lens off the shelf. With a refurbished lens, you know that a technician has personally gone through and tested the lens to make sure it's working perfectly.
You are absolutely right!

08-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #35
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
Thanks for the update metalmania - I especially like the "so sharp" part.

Sitting on the edge of my seat for mine to arrive - will also post my findings once I get it.

Now to go shopping for the ultimate 17-50 or 16-50 - I am now thinking of the Sigma EX to make a pair with the 50-150.
08-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #36
Senior Member
metalmania's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 253
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Thanks for the update metalmania - I especially like the "so sharp" part.

Sitting on the edge of my seat for mine to arrive - will also post my findings once I get it.

Now to go shopping for the ultimate 17-50 or 16-50 - I am now thinking of the Sigma EX to make a pair with the 50-150.
I used to have a Tamron 17-50. Great lens. I gave it to my brother. The Sigma 50-150 will stay on K30 99% of the time while I am using E-M5 with PL 25/1.4 for the short end. There is simply no competition at this range. The PL 25/1.4 is too good.
08-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #37
Pentaxian
Edgar_in_Indy's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Indiana, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,554
QuoteOriginally posted by metalmania Quote
The Sigma 50-150 will stay on K30 99% of the time while I am using E-M5 with PL 25/1.4 for the short end. There is simply no competition at this range. The PL 25/1.4 is too good.
I was torn between selling all my Pentax gear and getting an E-M5, or upgrading to the K-30. I was drooling over some of the m43 lenses like the 25mm f1.4 and the 75mm f1.8, but I ended up going with the K-30 because m43 is starved for good telephoto lenses, so I couldn't bear to part with my 50-150mm f2.8 and 100-300mm f4. I like your approach though...get the K-30 and the E-M5!

Although I also have an E-P1, so I might end up with the 25mm 1.4 before too long anyway.
08-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #38
Pentaxian
Edgar_in_Indy's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Indiana, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,554
I took my 50-150mm along to the Children's Museum in Indianapolis yesterday and, as always, it performed brilliantly. I was dividing my time between the 50-150mm, the 10-20mm, and the 30mm 1.4, but I could have happily used the 50-150mm the entire time. Here are a few of the shots, all shot at f/2.8.





















08-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #39
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
Fabulous Edgar - I am thinking that someone should start a thread in the "Lens Sample Archive" section for this lens - such nice examples belong there.

Lens Sample Photo Archive - PentaxForums.com

On a whim, I just ordered the Sigma 17-50 EX HSM to go along with my incoming 50-150 - I sure hope the IQ is the same as your images from the 50-150.
08-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #40
Pentaxian
Edgar_in_Indy's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Indiana, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,554
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
On a whim, I just ordered the Sigma 17-50 EX HSM to go along with my incoming 50-150 - I sure hope the IQ is the same as your images from the 50-150.
Good call on the 17-50mm. From what I've seen, it's a heck of a lens. I've thought about doing the same thing many times before, but since I've already got the 10-20mm and the Tamron 28-75mm, I'm already pretty well covered there.

Don't put the credit card away yet! Now that you've got the Sigma 17-50mm and the 50-150mm, you need to add the book-ends of the Sigma 8-16mm and 150-500mm, so you'll be completely covered from 8mm-500mm with some of the best zoom lenses available for Pentax today.

And of course, now that you'll be covered from 50-150mm at f/2.8, you need to sell your 60-250mm f4 and start the search for a Sigma 100-300mm f4.

Last edited by Edgar_in_Indy; 08-18-2012 at 09:50 PM.
08-19-2012, 02:33 AM   #41
gtl
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 349
Damn man. I wonder if the 50-150mm would come back into stock. ARGHHHH I missed out AGAIN...
08-19-2012, 05:30 AM   #42
Pentaxian
Edgar_in_Indy's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Indiana, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,554
QuoteOriginally posted by gtl Quote
Damn man. I wonder if the 50-150mm would come back into stock. ARGHHHH I missed out AGAIN...
You can send a message to Sales from their site and ask. I sent them a message when the 50-150mm was still showing up and asked how many were available, and their response was that they still had "a few pieces". So it sounds like they didn't have a lot. They also told me that the site is an online database, so it should reflect their actual inventory.

But as somebody pointed out (and as I noticed myself), the 50-150mm was gone, and then came back briefly before disappearing again. I don't know if that means that somebody had it in their cart, and then didn't pull the trigger, or if it means they added some inventory.
08-19-2012, 07:10 AM   #43
Pentaxian
seventysixersfan's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,698
beautiful pictures, Edgar!
08-19-2012, 07:19 AM   #44
Pentaxian
Edgar_in_Indy's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Indiana, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,554
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Fabulous Edgar - I am thinking that someone should start a thread in the "Lens Sample Archive" section for this lens - such nice examples belong there.
I'm in the process of creating a samples thread right now. I'll post a link on here once it's up.
08-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #45
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
I'm in the process of creating a samples thread right now. I'll post a link on here once it's up.
Awesome! I'll be looking forward to add some images once you have it started.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax deals, sigma, sigma lenses
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Sigma lenses K5 and K7 body for sale greyroad30 Sold Items 14 07-05-2012 02:06 PM
Sigma Summer Sale on select lenses Phil1 Pentax Price Watch 2 07-03-2012 02:55 PM
For Sale - Sold: Lenses for sale chrisrunnels Sold Items 14 03-04-2011 12:21 PM
For Sale - Sold: Yard sale: M lenses, K 300mm, DA 14mm, ME film body, Nikkor lenses and more Nachodog Sold Items 24 12-26-2009 12:03 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:26 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top