refurbished sigma lenses on sale
Posted By: momotazur, 08-15-2012, 09:24 AM

Sigma Outlet Shop | sigmaphoto.com
Views: 8,051
08-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Awesome! I'll be looking forward to add some images once you have it started.
The thread is up at the following link:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/lens-sample-photo-archive/196246-sigma-50...ml#post2066041

I went epic for my first post, including more than 30 sample images. I'm looking forward to seeing other people's samples images!

08-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
The thread is up at the following link:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/lens-sample-photo-archive/196246-sigma-50...ml#post2066041

I went epic for my first post, including more than 30 sample images. I'm looking forward to seeing other people's samples images!

Very nice - you did a great job with such a nice introduction! I thought I would comment here instead of mucking up the other thread.

My copy is due to be delivered on Tuesday, so I won't have much time to work with it and post any images until next weekend.

Thanks for starting the thread - I will be curious to see how many other posters you get - wondering just how many of these lenses are out there and how many of our members own one.
08-21-2012, 06:37 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
They're Back

I have been looking for one of these for quite some time, and was regularly checking the outlet, but apparently not often enough as I missed them last week.

Learning my lesson, I started checking every morning, and lo and behold, they are back this morning.

I ordered one but they are still showing, so get them while you can.

As soon as it arrives it will be a shoot-off between the Sigma and the DA* 50-135 to see who stays in the bag.

Ray
08-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #49
Pentaxian

Poof! They're gone again. Wonder how many they have, and why a few come back in stock every now and then?

08-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
Poof! They're gone again. Wonder how many they have, and why a few come back in stock every now and then?
Refurbishment is a one-at-a-time process, so as they repair/clean/inspect and get them ready probably just update the quantity available in the database -- just have to keep your eye on it.
08-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #51
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
I've been checking the Sigma Outlet regularly for more than a year, and this is the first time I saw the 50-150mm listed there for Pentax-mount.
I wonder why they're starting to show up now? Have they gotten some defective returns and only now are starting to re-release them once they have been repaired/inspected/cleaned? Strange. Anyway, looks like whenever they show up, there may only be 1 or 2 available to buy at any one time.
08-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #52
Veteran Member

I've been thinking about this also - why now do they show up refurbished from Sigma themselves?

One thought I had, and I don't know if it is possible or not, that they had some returns of this lens, but in Nikon or Canon mount. Knowing that the Pentax mount is unavailable and could possibly fetch more attention and money, maybe they are fitting these lenses with Pentax mounts while they are being refurbished?

On another note - FedEx Ground sucks.......I've been waiting patiently - my lens should have been delivered yesterday, but it spent 2 days in New Jersey for some reason. Now today, the tracking info shows "on truck for delivery" and never showed up as I know FedEx Ground delivers here before noon.

Next time I will request UPS!

08-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #53
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
I wonder why they're starting to show up now? Have they gotten some defective returns and only now are starting to re-release them once they have been repaired/inspected/cleaned? Strange. Anyway, looks like whenever they show up, there may only be 1 or 2 available to buy at any one time.
-- Bad batch with a lot of repairs?

-- They've been sitting on them because they had other priorities, or they have been in storage in some other country?

-- X amount of time has passed since rebate offer when they sold a lot of them and this is just from the normal percentage of returns? (But it has been discontinued for a while?)

-- They usually sell them through dealers but aren't for whatever reason?

Who knows?
08-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #54
Veteran Member

Their online store indicates that refurbished may mean returns, open boxes, overstock, etc. and not simply that something was defective and in need of repair. This could mean that they are getting returns from distributors of old stock.
08-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Their online store indicates that refurbished may mean returns, open boxes, overstock, etc. and not simply that something was defective and in need of repair. This could mean that they are getting returns from distributors of old stock.
or they had deals in place to take back demo models as well, and then there are the sales rep demo models as well.
08-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #56
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Knowing that the Pentax mount is unavailable and could possibly fetch more attention and money, maybe they are fitting these lenses with Pentax mounts while they are being refurbished?
Yes, I was thinking this is possible. There are still 50-150s available in the Sigma outlet for Canon and Sony mounts so maybe they want to port those over to Pentax mount to get some more units sold...
08-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
or they had deals in place to take back demo models as well, and then there are the sales rep demo models as well.
Yes, all that makes sense. They ought to be fairly nice because they've been checked out by the Sigma techs. 90 days warranty is nice because you can send it in and have them tune it to your specific camera.
08-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #58
Forum Member

I got mine last week and just took it to Children's museum today. It's working perfectly with my K30. I need -3 with AF adjustment, but I found live view can get the correct focus most of the time. Finally have a lens good for catching kids indoor activities.