Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Rare Pentax-A 100mm 2.8 non-macro on the bay
Posted By: iht, 08-19-2012, 10:48 PM

Just came across this lens on eBay.

I got one of these and it's probably my favourite portrait lens. I love its compactness and it's the perfect focal length for candid shots at events. People are often amazed at how "zoomed in" this little thing is. Of course the only drawback is it's MF. I would post a photo but I have to ask my friend first

I believe the 'A' version is quite rare. I haven't seen many on the market over the years. I got one accidentally after the seller offered it to me for $20 when picking up a ME Super lot. I had no idea so I just took up on his offer. Little did I know...
Views: 787
08-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Since yesterday evening there is one on German eBay, too. Offer valid only for German bidders, end of auction on August 29th. Start price € 40, found the first bidder immediately.
hxxp://www.ebay.de/itm/Analog-Objektiv-SMC-Pentax-A-1-2-8-100-mm-/330780650347?pt=DE_Foto_Camcorder_Objektive&hash=item4d04102b6b
(Change "xx" to "tt")

I think there was another one, but the M version, about a fortnight ago with a start of € 99. I don't know how (or if) it sold.
But from European eBay sellers the A version turns up only 2-3 times a year. I never look at US prices, as the cost for shipping/customs are just crazy.
08-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
There was one right here on the marketplace a few weeks ago. I'm happy I bought it.
08-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I regret having sold my M100 (almost from the minute it left my hands) which is pretty much the same lens minus the A setting. of all the A series 100mm (2.8, 2.8 macro, 4.0 macro) this is the most widely available though i think
Nice little lens but i'm on a buying freeze for a bit