Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Adobe Photoshop CS6 - $249
Posted By: Adam, 08-24-2012, 11:16 AM

Edit- refer to this post for the full deal:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-price-watch/197381-photoshop-cs6-l...ml#post2078728

B&H has just posted this special:
Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Windows 65158494 B&H Photo Video

"Buy Adobe Lightroom or Elements now up till August 28th and receive a Promo code from B&H with a $400 discount on Adobe Photoshop CS6."

Edit: B&H set out this clarification on Monday:

We have received questions about the email that was sent out on Friday regarding the Adobe Offer.

We hope that this email should provide additional clarification. If you posted any information on your site about this, if needed, please update for additional clarity.

Special Savings on Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Windows or Mac

Purchase Any of the these 3 Adobe products by August 28th
And receive a promo code from B&H
via email to save $400 on a purchase of an
Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Windows or Mac.
Email might take up to 48 hours. Promo Code must be used By August 31st
(PLEASE NOTE This offer is not listed on the B&H WEBSITE) The $400 Saving on the Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Windows or Mac will also be available to anyone who has purchased any of the 3 adobe products mentioned above from B&H in the past. An email will be sent to those customers.

Last edited by Adam; 08-27-2012 at 11:07 AM. Reason: screenshot and clarifications added
Views: 3,825
08-25-2012, 07:06 AM   #16
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Reading the ad it seems you have to buy other products to get the discount on CS6. Is that what it is? I like my deal better, I don't have to buy anything else to get CS6 for $299.

Yes. Adobe has had this same deal for the past few years. Instead of lowering the price outright, they have 400 dollar-off coupon sales for short periods of time to entice people who have just bought 'lower' versions in the PS lineup.

08-25-2012, 07:14 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks mee. I'm still debating whether to go ahead and buy from the mailing I got or wait until the next version of CS to come out. Though, even $299 is a good deal for CS6, is it the full creative suite or just photoshop, I'm not sure after what vonBaloney said.
08-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Though, even $299 is a good deal for CS6, is it the full creative suite or just photoshop, I'm not sure after what vonBaloney said.
It's quite easy.
Does it say Photoshop CS6?
If not then it might say Creative Suite 6 and then the suite type, for example, Design, Web, Master collection, ect.
08-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Thanks mee. I'm still debating whether to go ahead and buy from the mailing I got or wait until the next version of CS to come out. Though, even $299 is a good deal for CS6, is it the full creative suite or just photoshop, I'm not sure after what vonBaloney said.
Photoshop only, definitely. But then, do you need all the other stuff? (Lightroom is not part of the suite, if that's what you are thinking.) It is Illustrator, InDesign, etc. Unless you are a graphic design or web professional, unlikely you'd ever use the other programs. Photoshop is all you need for anything photography related...

08-25-2012, 08:29 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Photoshop only, definitely. But then, do you need all the other stuff? (Lightroom is not part of the suite, if that's what you are thinking.) It is Illustrator, InDesign, etc. Unless you are a graphic design or web professional, unlikely you'd ever use the other programs. Photoshop is all you need for anything photography related...
That's not fully true, there are 4 different suites i believe.
For some here the Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium might be interesting.

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/production.html
08-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #21
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
(Lightroom is not part of the suite, if that's what you are thinking.)
I tried LIghtroom but didn't like it. So, no, I wasn't thinking it is part of the package. Actually, I'm glad it isn't part of it. I would use InDesign and Ilustrator, as I've used Illustrator in previous years, and after using a trial version of InDesign, I would use that too. I used PageMaker for years. As a journalist, those two would come in handy.

Anvh, I checked out Produstion Premium upgrade would have to be if I had a previous product, which I don't. And at $375, that's more than the upgrade I could buy with my code. So, that's not an option either.
08-25-2012, 09:21 AM   #22
mee
Site Supporter

I tried LIghtroom but didn't like it. So, no, I wasn't thinking it is part of the package. Actually, I'm glad it isn't part of it. I would use InDesign and Ilustrator, as I've used Illustrator in previous years, and after using a trial version of InDesign, I would use that too. I used PageMaker for years. As a journalist, those two would come in handy.

Anvh, I checked out Produstion Premium upgrade would have to be if I had a previous product, which I don't. And at $375, that's more than the upgrade I could buy with my code. So, that's not an option either.
Please be aware the 400 dollar off coupon is only for Photoshop and NOT the creative suite bundle. I agree the naming is a little confusing.
08-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #23
Site Supporter

Okay, mee. I really don't care what it comes with though I said I've used the other two mentioned, I'd just be happy to get a modern version of PhotoShop. I have version 7, it was fine when it first was sold but now it's kind of old. I have elements 9 but it doesn't do all I want to do, and the upgrade would be rather expensive without the coupon. I tried to upgrade before, thinking it was $199, but wasn't. Only PhotoShop owners had that option. So, buying into this option would worth it to me in the long run. And I still haven't made up my mind to do so. I need other things that right now are more important than owning CS6, like eye glasses, and some things done to my car to make it more road worthy. I'll think more on the option, and if I decide to use my coupon, I'll let you all know.

08-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #24
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

And if you don't decide to use your coupon, photolady, I'll be glad to use it.
08-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #25
mee
Site Supporter

hahahaha
08-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #26
Site Supporter

Ash, I would consider that, but it has my physical address attached to this offer.
08-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #27
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

thanks for the kind thought.
08-27-2012, 08:08 AM   #28
B&H Photo Representative

The "deal" as I understand it is you buy one of the Adobe products mentioned in the announcement Adam posted and in a few days you'll get an email from us with the discount code enabling you to buy CS6 at a substantial discount. I am sorry if this was not more apparent.
08-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #29
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
B&H just sent out a clarification- see the bottom of the first post.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #30

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Adam for the link. I placed the order through phone and I bought the Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS6 for 339.90$, which means lightroom 4 is just 89$. The lightroom also comes with a free DVD by Scott Kelby.
Closed Thread