Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread

Instant Rebates from PENTAX USA on Bodies & Lenses
Posted By: Docrwm, 08-30-2012, 10:13 AM

Special Offers & Rebates - PENTAX Imaging USA
PENTAX Lens Instant Rebate

Save instantly on these combinations:
smc PENTAX DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED, AL - $75 (with DSLR purchase - $150)
smc PENTAX DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED, IF - $75 (with DSLR purchase - $150)
smc PENTAX DA* 55mm F1.4 - $75 (with DSLR purchase - $150)
smc PENTAX DA* 60-250mm F4 IF, SDM - $100 (with DSLR purchase - $200)
smc PENTAX DA* 300mm F4 ED, IF, SDM - $75 (with DSLR purchase - $150)
smc PENTAX DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED, WR - $50 (with DSLR purchase - $100)
August 30th, 2012 through December 31st, 2012
Download PDF

K-30 Instant Rebate

Save $50 Instantly on the K-30 from September 1st - October 31st.
August 30th, 2012 through October 31st, 2012
Download PDF

K-01 Instant Rebate

Save instantly on the K-01 September 1st -30th.
- K-01 Body Kit - $200 savings
- K-01 with DA 40mm XS - $300 savings
- K-01 with DA L 18-55 + 50-200 - $250 savings

August 30th, 2012 through September 30th, 2012
Download PDF
Views: 8,866
09-04-2012, 04:38 AM - 1 Like   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dr Orloff Quote
It's good to see that US prices are now at more of a parity with Europe. We're fed up with subsidising your low prices.
I don't think we in the rest of the world have been subsiding low prices in the USA. Pentax USA have not raised their dealer/wholesale prices - but have forced dealers to raise their retail prices in an effort to make Pentax brand margins more attractive, thereby encouraging traditional camera shops to restock Pentax. Personally I don't think that will work because of the levelling effect of the internet.

Should we not rather be fed up with paying over-inflated prices for Pentax lenses in Europe and the rest of the world?

09-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #62

I know I fueled the fire and I'm still angry as hell at Pentax and the retailers that don't take issue with these price increases.

However, I've done some serious soul searching and I'm going to continue my gamble on Pentax...for now.

I may have to wait for a Sigma 50-150 to come up used, since their HSM is much more reliable used than Pentax' SDM is new, but, there's no other system that feels or operates quite the way my Pentax DSLR does. Hands down, I love the gear.

I just wish Pentax would get its head out of its backside with regard to its pricing issues and that the larger retailers would stand up for the consumer better than this...it hurts their sales, too!
09-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I sent both Pentax USA and B&H a strongly worded message. Here's what I sent to B&H. I won't put what I sent to Pentax, as it had significantly "saltier" language.

I noticed on your website that all of your Pentax DA Limited lenses have been increased in price to agree with the Pentax Minimum Assured Pricing strategy. Please let Pentax USA and your management know that I, as a consumer, will not give Pentax any business at these prices. Please return them to their historical normal. You can't dictate prices if we won't buy. If this keeps up for long, I will change to a different brand without such a hostile pricing strategy.

Everybody here should flood their inbox with their own version. If we apply enough pressure, maybe we can change their behavior. The Contact Us links are:

Pentax USA

B&H
09-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #64
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
prices!

rebates for every purchase?

i much prefer the large discount that they gave last time to all pentax lenses how i wish i could turn back time back when the da 50-135 was less than $1000!

yet still i'm hoping that it will happen again & pentax to give a chance to those who have dslr bodies already.

people prefer pentax due to its affordabililty & great performance.

with this kind of price trend who would dare to invest on such a expensive hobby!

right?

09-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #65

UPDATE:

If you know the original, pre-re"bait" price of the lens you want, B&H may honor it!

However, you have to call and request a formal price match. It took some work, but I got it done. Do note, however, that they don't match prices over chat and there is nothing saying they "have" to honor any price, even if it was their own!

Also, as it stands, they will not budge on their Pentax bodies or body/lens kits at all, even if trying to legitimately price match another authorized dealer (Amazon for example).

Regardless, getting the pre-"rebate" price on some of those lenses is far better than the current situation...try it while you still can!

Last edited by Masta' C; 09-05-2012 at 02:19 PM.
09-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #66
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's great Masta- glad you took the initiative to call - good for you!

Can we assume you got that 50-135 you were after?