Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Zoom Lens
Write a review
Today $98.49
2.95 shipping
Views: 7,472
09-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #46

Photos: Gallery
Quick Refund

Well, I got my refund back yesterday. It was a full refund and at least it came quickly with no additional fuss. That ends this episode for me. Hope it goes as smoothly for the rest of you.

09-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Youngster Quote
Well, I got my refund back yesterday. It was a full refund and at least it came quickly with no additional fuss. That ends this episode for me. Hope it goes as smoothly for the rest of you.
Good to hear. Still waiting for mine.

Came in late this afternoon. I was also given a $15 store credit - Whee.

Last edited by Docrwm; 09-11-2012 at 05:34 PM.
09-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Oh, it gets even better - you guys should get a laugh about this.....

As I said earlier, I had refused the package when it arrived. UPS was pretty good as the same tracking number tracked it back to their warehouse. The tracking info showed it being delivered to Overstock on Sept 10 @ 9:47 am with the details of "left at dock" and signed for by "KING". At that time, I also emailed customer service about it, and the correspondence about the refusal and return between myself and Overstock are online in my account page.

I thought "good" some progress.

So I just get an email from customer service, and I quote.......:

QuoteQuote:
Due to the unique circumstances of your order, we have determined that it would be more cost effective for us to let you dispose of the item on your own rather than have you return it.
A credit in the amount of $101.44 was issued on 09/11/2012. This credit will post to your account according to the time frame established by your financial institution.
Oh my.....even though I could have just left it at that, I did respond to the email telling them again that I had refused the package, and gave them the tracking number and info.

That place must be just kaos.......
09-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Oh, it gets even better - you guys should get a laugh about this.....

As I said earlier, I had refused the package when it arrived. UPS was pretty good as the same tracking number tracked it back to their warehouse. The tracking info showed it being delivered to Overstock on Sept 10 @ 9:47 am with the details of "left at dock" and signed for by "KING". At that time, I also emailed customer service about it, and the correspondence about the refusal and return between myself and Overstock are online in my account page.

I thought "good" some progress.

So I just get an email from customer service, and I quote.......:

Oh my.....even though I could have just left it at that, I did respond to the email telling them again that I had refused the package, and gave them the tracking number and info.

That place must be just kaos.......
Sadly you are right. I got a $15 credit "for my troubles" and they were very polite about it, but wow - it's almost as bad as that shopping channel and the Pentax Q.

09-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #50
Inactive Account

Hi, I just joined here. I purchased a K-5 body from Buydig. No problem. However, I tried to purchase the kit lens from Overstock. I got mailed the fan...twice!! I had to phone, chat, email 5 different people to finally get a refund. Too scared to buy from them again!
09-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #51

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bassetcaretaker Quote
Hi, I just joined here. I purchased a K-5 body from Buydig. No problem. However, I tried to purchase the kit lens from Overstock. I got mailed the fan...twice!! I had to phone, chat, email 5 different people to finally get a refund. Too scared to buy from them again!
I've ordered from both outfits with no problems - but in all fairness, I've onl ordered once or twice from each.
09-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bassetcaretaker Quote
Hi. I ordered from BuyDig back when they were offering a 14% rebate on purchases up to $500 - I wanted a DA70 and that deal put it cheaper than anything else, including most used lenses. Never got it, never had my card charged, no explaination, no lens. Do you think I'm going to use them again? One way to look at it is, at least Overstock shipped something
09-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #53
Veteran Member

Original Poster
One last post. Because Overstock doesn't even carry the 18-55WR after all this, and I got my money back, I went ahead and bought one on our Marketplace. It arrived today and looks good - now to try it out this evening on a camera

09-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #54
Veteran Member

Yep - got my full credit also - now moving on......
09-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #55
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Any chance of getting a 42" Low profile ceiling fan instead?
QuoteOriginally posted by Youngster Quote
I ordered this lens from overstock.com, this is what I received today. Keep in mind I am not joking. This is for real:

(At least the shipping was really fast). They are giving me a shipping label and a refund.
Part of the original description, did say ceiling fan but the photo did show the lens and the correct specs.
Boom!

Sorry for the ordeal you had to go through.. oof.

That said, I had a rough day at work and this gave me the biggest laugh in a long time.
09-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #56
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by elliott Quote
Wow, you sure called it.
haha their inventory system is terrible. when I saw that in the description I knew it was a 50/50 chance of getting a fan instead.
09-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #57
Site Supporter

I posted the comment at the bottom of their page, for what that may be worth
09-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #58

Photos: Albums
walked through all posts and was not able to control myself. BIG lol !!!
09-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #59
Pentaxian

Now, this thread is hilarious.
09-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #60
Veteran Member

I propose from now on this lens has the official nickname The Fan Lens.
(Not fan's lens though )