Write a review
Today $98.49
2.95 shipping
Views: 9,422
09-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This sounds like the Pentax Q sale at QVC all over again.

09-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Thanks, mine is 18.5 lbs too. Now to deal with Overstock.com.
Mine also - 18.5 lbs.

Thanks for the heads up Youngster.

Mine is due to be delivered tomorrow - I won't be home so I instructed my wife to refuse the package so I don't have to deal with the return process.
09-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
This sounds like the Pentax Q sale at QVC all over again.
Unfortunately, yes.

Overstock.Com's Chat representatives are now claiming the 18-55WR is out of stock and they will not be able to send the correct item. They did, rather gracelessly tell me that they would help me with a full refund once their item is returned.

Stallone: Hi, my name is Stallone.
Stallone: How may I help you?
Docrwm: My order is supposed to be a lens for a Pentax camera. Weight - 1-2 lbs. The problem is that the order is a ceiling fan weighing 18.5 lbs. You shipped the wrong item.
Stallone: Let me check and help you with that.
Stallone: Could you please verify your full name and billing address, including the city, state and zip code?
Docrwm: The item shipped is a Hunter 42" Low Profile Plus ceiling fan.
Docrwm: Robert [deleted]
Stallone: Thank you Robert.
Stallone: Are you referring to 'Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Zoom Lens'?
Docrwm: Yes
Stallone: I see that Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Zoom Lens' will deliver to you on Thursday, 09/06/2012
Stallone: However in this I would recommend you to get back to us once the item get deliver to you.
Docrwm: No check the weight on the shipment. It's 18.5lbs and that is way too large for a lens.
Stallone: I see that ship weight of the item is 18.50 lbs
Docrwm: I ordered it when it as a sale and would like to get the lens for the price I paid. If I refuse delivery on the fan that is coming to me will I be able to get you to honor the original purchase?
Stallone: Yes sure.
Stallone: Once you refuse the shipment get back to us.
Docrwm: Ok, how do I get the original item I ordered?
Stallone: I see that 'Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Zoom Lens' is out of stock now.
Stallone: I am really sorry about that.
Docrwm: Yes, but you sent out fans instead is it possible the lens is actually in stock?
Stallone: I am sorry, I am not sure about that.
Stallone: However, if you received fans then just get back to us tomorrow we'll help you with the return for full refund.
Docrwm: Certainly you had to have had lenses in stock, somehow the wrong item was sent, aren't there lenses somewhere in your warehouses? I certainly expect a full refund given it was your mistake.
Stallone: If these item is in stock then we can see on the product page only.
Stallone: And I'm sorry, we don't have a way to guarantee the stock because we are an Online Retailer and don't have a way to identify an actual buying trend. More often than not, because of our prices being discounted to a great extent, they sell out quickly.
Docrwm: This is just great. I ordered an item you said you had in stock, paid for it, have waited, and you sent the wrong item. Now you tell me you don't have the item I ordered in the first place. I got several friends to order the lens because of my telling them Overstock was an OK company. One already got his and that is how I got alerted to you having sent the wrong item out. Now I have friends who are all going to have to deal with your mistake and its because I told them you were ok. They sold out because I told friends with Pentax cameras. You sold all of them within 30-90 minutes because of me alerting a group of my friends. This is completely unacceptable.
Stallone: I understand and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to you.
Docrwm: That does me no good. You advertised the item and I vouched for Overstock to a group of fellow photographers that you are a solid company. You send out ceiling fans instead of lenses, now tell me you are sold out (only because I got a group to buy your advertised lenses) and all you can say is "Sorry"?
Stallone: I understand you point, however you may received 'your original item that is 'Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Zoom Lens;.
Stallone: Carrier also made some shipping weight mistake about 18.50 lbs.
Docrwm: That weighs 18.50lbs? I have two photography friends who ordered based on my recommendation already telling me that they got ceiling fans instead!!
Docrwm: Both of their orders were 18.5lbs too.
Stallone: Yes I do agree with you.
Docrwm: Again, fat lot of good that does me and my friends.
Stallone: If you do not received 'Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Zoom Lens' get back us tomorrow we'll help you further.
Docrwm: We shall see.
Stallone: Yes that would be great!
You have disconnected.

Last edited by Docrwm; 09-05-2012 at 11:16 AM.
09-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Don't feel bad Doc - this situation was totally out of your control. I'm glad I was alerted soon enough so I can just refuse the package and hope to get a quick refund.

09-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Don't feel bad Doc - this situation was totally out of your control. I'm glad I was alerted soon enough so I can just refuse the package and hope to get a quick refund.
Very kind of you.

I'm going to push this with Overstock. The answers I got online just now were complete BS.
09-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Very kind of you.

I'm going to push this with Overstock. The answers I got online just now were complete BS.
I understand your point for sure. For me, this lens wasn't something I really needed, but for the price I would have it in my bag for certain situations.

And, getting the $100 back will do me good as I just got shipment notification on my super-duper deal for the DA*55 that I thought wasn't going to be honored or shipped
09-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I understand your point for sure. For me, this lens wasn't something I really needed, but for the price I would have it in my bag for certain situations.

And, getting the $100 back will do me good as I just got shipment notification on my super-duper deal for the DA*55 that I thought wasn't going to be honored or shipped
Stan, glad it worked out for the best for you. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do not NEED the 18-55WR but I thought if its IQ was on par with my Ver II I'd sell that one and keep the WR for the added versatility.

09-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #23

Photos: Gallery
Did I buy an 18 pound ceiling fan or a 8 oz lens?

Well, to humor everyone, I've included my chat conversation with the OS rep, Jacob.

Jacob: Hi, my name is Jacob.
Jacob: How may I help you?
Visitor: Hi- I placed an order for a Pentax lens that should weigh about 1 pound. I see in the tracking information that it weights 18 pounds. There was a problem with the way Overstock posted the item but (prior to placing the order) I was assured that I would be receiving the lens. Instead I will be receiving an 18 lb ceiling fan.
Visitor: The order number is 1155xxxxxxx
Jacob: I am sorry to hear that, let me check and help you with your order details.
Jacob: Thank you for providing me the order number.
Jacob: For security purposes, could you please verify your full name and billing address, including the city, state and zip code?
Visitor: Omitted
Jacob: Thank you.
Jacob: Are you referring to the item 'Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Zoom Lens' ?
Visitor: Yes
Jacob: Thank you for confirming.
Jacob: Would you mind holding for 2-3 minutes while I check on that for you?
Visitor: ok
Jacob: Thank you for staying online.
Jacob: I appreciate your time and patience.
Visitor: ok
Jacob: Be rest assure that you will receive the item what you have ordered.
Visitor: It's not the item I ordered if it weighs 18 pounds. LOL
Jacob: Some time the tracking information will not be update correctly.
Visitor: I thought there would be a problem. Sorry I placed the order. The web listing showed the lens but beneath it it referred to a 42" ceiling fan. I chatted with a OS rep about it and was assured then that I'd get the correct item.
Jacob: I checked and see that your 'Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Zoom Lens' in transit.
Jacob: Yes you are correct, please be advised that you will receive the same item what you have ordered.
Visitor: Then why is it showing that 18 pounds of lens is on it's merry way?
Visitor: I would think that a ceiling fan weighs 18 pounds
Jacob: Please note, sometimes the tracking information will not be updated correctly that's the case it shows 19 pounds.
Visitor: I'm calling AMEX now and putting this transaction into immediate dispute. If I get what I ordered I'll cancel the dispute.
Jacob: I am positive that you will receive what you have ordered.
Visitor: You being positive is appreciated but it's no guarantee
Jacob: If in case you receive the incorrect item, please contact us back and we will help you with the replacement.
Visitor: I'm safer disputing this transaction with AMEX and if OS sends the fan OS can deal with AMEX.
Visitor: I won’t want a replacement. I'll be done with OS. OS is no Amazon that's for sure

Bottom line...I'm leaving a note on the door for UPS refusing the delivery.
09-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Has anyone stopped to consider that, like all of us on this site, they might be Pentax fans.....

Sorry, I know that's not helpful. Just couldn't stop myself typing it.
Regards
09-06-2012, 04:10 AM   #25
Veteran Member

They look like good fans. Why not keep them and stencil a Pentax logo on them, and have a Pentax fan in your house for life.
09-06-2012, 04:26 AM   #26
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Any chance of getting a 42" Low profile ceiling fan instead?
Wow, you sure called it.
09-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just refused delivery of, you guessed it, a 42" low profile ceiling fan.

Now to deal with Overstock.....again.
09-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Yes, a 42" ceiling fan... And I signed for delivery before the concierge brought me the package...

Last edited by causey; 09-06-2012 at 01:46 PM.
09-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
Yes, a 42" ceiling fan... And I signed for delivery before the concierge brought me the package...
Sorry, I am on the phone with them as I type this waiting for an answer. So far the phone person seems to have a clue and is contacting the warehouse to see if someone can eyeball the 2 they list as in stock to make certain they are actually Pentax items and not more Hunter fans.

-R
09-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Sorry, I am on the phone with them as I type this waiting for an answer. So far the phone person seems to have a clue and is contacting the warehouse to see if someone can eyeball the 2 they list as in stock to make certain they are actually Pentax items and not more Hunter fans.

-R
Might be the person I've just chatted with (Kayla)...