Today $98.49
2.95 shipping
Views: 9,421
09-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
Might be the person I've just chatted with (Kayla)...
No, but glad you got one that was at least polite and seemed to understand.

She looked at the listing for the item and agreed a) that they offered the Pentax lens, b) that they sell a variety of pentax lenses not just this one, c) there is a weird statemtn about a ceiling fan but when you click on <more> it takes you to the tecnical specifications for the Pentax 18-55WR, d) her computer showed 2 in stock, e) there was no way to be certain that the 2 listed were not another pair of ceiling fans, and f) that the situation was being sent to Special Customer Service for investigation. She read to me the note she attached, and it was basically spot on. It also said that I would like to get what I paid for if possible but do not want another 18lbs ceiling fan delivered to me. They are supposed to call me within 48 hours.

I got an email from Jennet confirming the above within 5 minutes of hanging up the phone. We shall see.

09-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
No, but glad you got one that was at least polite and seemed to understand.

She looked at the listing for the item and agreed a) that they offered the Pentax lens, b) that they sell a variety of pentax lenses not just this one, c) there is a weird statemtn about a ceiling fan but when you click on <more> it takes you to the tecnical specifications for the Pentax 18-55WR, d) her computer showed 2 in stock, e) there was no way to be certain that the 2 listed were not another pair of ceiling fans, and f) that the situation was being sent to Special Customer Service for investigation. She read to me the note she attached, and it was basically spot on. It also said that I would like to get what I paid for if possible but do not want another 18lbs ceiling fan delivered to me. They are supposed to call me within 48 hours. We shall see.
The person I talked with also said I'd be contacted for the return within two days. She said they'd send me the lens--but I can't see any Pentax 18-55mm WR on their website...
09-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
The person I talked with also said I'd be contacted for the return within two days. She said they'd send me the lens--but I can't see any Pentax 18-55mm WR on their website...
Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Zoom Lens | Overstock.com

It says very high risk of sellout and Jennet told me that there were 2 showing on her screen. Perhaps the returns from us already back in their system?
09-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #34

Photos: Gallery
I had to go into work today but I left a note on the front door for UPS that if I get 18lbs of ceiling fan I have to refuse it but if I get a 1Lb lens I'll take the delivery. It turn out that the package tracking shows that I refused it. I have to assume I was shipped an 18Lb ceiling fan. Oh well. I already put the charge in dispute last night with AMEX. Hopefully OS will credit my account and that will be the end of this mess. I'm done with OS forever.

09-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #35

Photos: Gallery
I checked the link that Doc posted.
You would think that they would have fixed the ad by now.
They did manage to raise the price a few bucks.
09-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Sorry to those who ordered and got a fan....

But this is really funny!!! Thanks for the good laugh!

btw, my friend ordered a 18-55WR "openbox" lens from Abe of Maine for $90. It turns out it was a separated lens from a combo kit. So check Abe of Maine, sometime they will have the WR kit lens for around $100.

Lee
09-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Sorry to those who ordered and got a fan....

But this is really funny!!! Thanks for the good laugh!

btw, my friend ordered a 18-55WR "openbox" lens from Abe of Maine for $90. It turns out it was a separated lens from a combo kit. So check Abe of Maine, sometime they will have the WR kit lens for around $100.

Lee
Lee,

A) Glad you are amused.

B) thanks for the tip.

09-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Same deal here - left a note for UPS that if the delivery from overstock was a ceiling fan to refuse delivery - no ceiling fan on my porch and the note is gone. Hope he taped the note to the box.

I was just writing an email to them on how I expect a speedy credit for my credit card, how bazaar this all was, and that this was my first order with overstock and will be my last.

Then when I pull up the product page to copy/paste the url, low and behold, there it is in stock again.......this makes the situation even worse in my eyes that they can't even pull the product page until they get it all sorted.
09-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Same deal here - left a note for UPS that if the delivery from overstock was a ceiling fan to refuse delivery - no ceiling fan on my porch and the note is gone. Hope he taped the note to the box.

I was just writing an email to them on how I expect a speedy credit for my credit card, how bazaar this all was, and that this was my first order with overstock and will be my last.

Then when I pull up the product page to copy/paste the url, low and behold, there it is in stock again.......this makes the situation even worse in my eyes that they can't even pull the product page until they get it all sorted.
Stan,

I agree. Just FYI, for what its worth, the page is not searchable through their site. You can only read that page with the URL that we already have, so they have removed it from general access via their own sites search feature.

Sorry for all the trouble.

-Robert
09-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by seachunk2 Quote
I had to go into work today but I left a note on the front door for UPS that if I get 18lbs of ceiling fan I have to refuse it but if I get a 1Lb lens I'll take the delivery. It turn out that the package tracking shows that I refused it. I have to assume I was shipped an 18Lb ceiling fan. Oh well. I already put the charge in dispute last night with AMEX. Hopefully OS will credit my account and that will be the end of this mess. I'm done with OS forever.

They'll refund your money, I'm sure--in case they don't have a lens to ship you.
09-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Stan,

I agree. Just FYI, for what its worth, the page is not searchable through their site. You can only read that page with the URL that we already have, so they have removed it from general access via their own sites search feature.

-Robert
Actually if you search by item number (12948380) it will come up.....not that it matters..
09-07-2012, 12:03 AM   #42
Veteran Member

Stan,
-Robert
Once again Robert there is no need to apologize. You did us all a great service in posting a "hot deal" and how it panned out is out of your control.

Please don't stop posting those deals - I am a sucker for a great bargain!
09-07-2012, 01:08 AM   #43
Veteran Member

What was the speed on that fan, f1.2 ?????
09-07-2012, 04:18 AM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by littledrawe Quote
What was the speed on that fan, f1.2 ?????
It's three-speed 1.2.3

Also very considerate of website to include a warning if your camera is in excess of 110-120V plugging this lens in may result in fire and/or injury.
09-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #45
Veteran Member

If you could get the lens in the center of the fan and then attach it to the camera you could have a windblown look portrait lens and that would be awesome!! You would need a good tethering cord to run the fan and the camera!!