Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
wow what a deal you gota check this out
Posted By: lguckert79, 10-16-2012, 09:47 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

here hit the link you will know why im sayin this Sigma EX DG 24-60mm F/2.8 Lens For Pentax Samsung GX-1L DSLR Bag Very Good Cond 0085126547455 | eBay you get the camera and the lens now that lens is worth the 400 in my opinion and you get a prettey good dslr also so if you are in need of a new camera or a great lens here you go. I know if i had the money id buy it my self and i dont so i would like to see someone get it here if they can let me know. and no this is not mine i was just browsing F2.8 zooms and came across this little deal
Views: 2,433
10-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Moved to the price watch section. TBH I wouldn't pay any more than $400 for that kit- it's the lowest specced Pentax DSLR and a $250 lens (according to the lens reviews).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #3
Site Supporter

I think the true value of the lens is somewhat more than $250 based on the following:

Back in 2008-ish, during the credit crunch when everything was being liquidated by everybody, Cameta sold this lens in K mount for $199. I bought one myself.

Queue a bunch of people who add lens reviews saying they spent $200.

Following this, over the coming year many of us who bought resold the lens here or elsewhere for about the same price. I sold one myself.

Queue a bunch of people who add lens reviews saying they spent $200.

Anyway, it is a fine enough lens (although 24mm isn't wide enough IMHO). It only costs $200 for those of us lucky enough to take part. Furthermore, you can't judge its value based on history or you'll also have to judge the FA 50 ƒ/1.4 as a $199 lens, which it was once upon a time. I bought one myself at $199.
10-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
hey thanks for the info guys i thought that that lens was better than that cool

10-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
One of the most confusing eBay ads I've seen in a while. The seller hasn't done themselves any favours by posting a photo of the camera, camera box and case along with the lens, not to mention the stream-of-consciousness description overlaid with a poor understanding of grammar, and possibly the stuff they're selling. Of course, it could have been deliberate, to foist the goods on an unsuspecting buyer whose grip on language and the subject are as tenuous as the seller's appears to be.
10-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #6
Forum Member

Anyone else notice the similarities between the seller's and the thread starter's rather idiosyncratic grammar?

Seller: up for buy it now nice camera and lens very nice lens fits Pentax and samung K-mount cameras every thing works and in very good cond. also has case cd cost over 850.00 for all new 25.00 shipping insured 48 cont. states low buy it now Grab it quick lenes are going for up to over 400,00 used look for your self thanks for looking ! Camera has low shutter use

Thread starter: here hit the link you will know why im sayin this Sigma EX DG 24-60mm F/2.8 Lens For Pentax Samsung GX-1L DSLR Bag Very Good Cond 0085126547455 | eBay you get the camera and the lens now that lens is worth the 400 in my opinion and you get a prettey good dslr also so if you are in need of a new camera or a great lens here you go. I know if i had the money id buy it my self and i dont so i would like to see someone get it here if they can let me know. and no this is not mine i was just browsing F2.8 zooms and came across this little deal
10-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
lol i just have horibbel gramer and i cant spell

10-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #8
Pentaxian

...id buy it my self ... BUT I ALREADY HAVE IT
10-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by furryurry Quote
...id buy it my self ... BUT I ALREADY HAVE IT
Well, I'm pleased to see you took that with good humour, and I hope you take my point about being clear what it is you may be selling. Call me old-fashioned or pernickety if you like, but I learned very early on as a practising engineer, that if you weren't clear about some things, people could get killed or at least lose a lot of money. These things aren't always just about language for its own sake.
10-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Why buy that lens used when you can buy a new copy on eBay for AUD$290 from the official Australian Sigma distributor.
10-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why, indeed? I've already got more than I can handle.
10-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Why buy that lens used when you can buy a new copy on eBay for AUD$290 from the official Australian Sigma distributor.
when did CR Kennedy start distributing on ebay under a different name?
10-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
Not to mention pushing old stock in used-looking boxes. Maybe they're taking trade-ins?
10-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
The kennedy boys have been doing this for a while. They have several eBay accounts. I'm grateful for it too - sometimes hard to find items that some retailers simply dont carry are there.

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Not to mention pushing old stock in used-looking boxes.
The boxes may look old but the items are usually brand new. With full CRK warranty too.
10-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The kennedy boys have been doing this for a while. They have several eBay accounts. I'm grateful for it too - sometimes hard to find items that some retailers simply dont carry are there.
That's a useful bit of intelligence, but I guess that also means they won't be pushing K-5IIs out the door this way.

The boxes may look old but the items are usually brand new. With full CRK warranty too.
My comment was based on the older-style finish on the lens, and the bruises on the box, but maybe that's part of the camouflage.