Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
K-5 II for $1080
Posted By: Youngster, 10-31-2012, 01:57 PM

Buydig.com is offering a 10% off sale. The price for K-5 II is $1199, with 10% off it is only $1080 body only with free shipping. coupon is below.

BuyDig.com - Pentax K-5 II Weatherproof 16MP Digital SLR Digital Camera Body

24-HOUR 10% COUPON STARTS NOW!
Use coupon code 2012scarysavings to save 10%
on orders of $50 and up*!!
Views: 915
10-31-2012, 03:38 PM   #2

Is Buydig.com an authorized retailer for PentaxUSA?
10-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Recently I wanted to save money on a larger purchase, so I decided to order from Ryther camera, who seemed to have better prices than trusted retailers like B&H and Adorama. I went ahead and placed my order, and the next day, they call me and tell me that the "version" of the camera I ordered didn't come with a warranty. They then proceeded to try selling me a third-party warranty as well as throwing in accessories such as an extra battery. I almost fell for it, but I ended up cancelling with them and placing the order at B&H, which was processed immediately and shipped the next day. I'm not saying that you should avoid looking for deals, but sometimes, trying to save a few bucks really won't do you much good Just something to keep in mind. With all of the MAP policies in place, any authorized dealer that sells items for less than the MAP would be in serious trouble.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-31-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just took in my K5 and 50-135 for auto focus tuning and CLA today. Pentax/Ricoh asked, "did you buy this from an authorized Canadian retailer"? Yes I did, Prodigital2000, and because of this I have a 2 year warranty on both body and lens. Sweet, low prices and trusted retailer. YMMV

10-31-2012, 04:48 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Buydig is legit. I bought my k-r there, and CRIS honored the warranty.

You can call them over the phone to place your order if it is an issue with Pentax's new pricing policy. They will still honor the codes.
10-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Buydig is legit. I bought my k-r there, and CRIS honored the warranty.
Good to know, thanks!
10-31-2012, 09:57 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Buydig

I don't know about being an authorized dealer or not, but I have bought several cameras through them over the years including my K10 a few years back. They never game me any hassle and everything was delivered as promised. Thankfully, I have never needed the Pentax warranty for any body so far.