Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
UPDATE! - Pentax K-30 Weatherproof DSLR Camera Bundle
Posted By: GryphonPhotoCat, 11-01-2012, 09:16 AM

799.99 - Pentax K-30 Weatherproof DSLR Camera Bundle

Just a heads up... The Pentax K-30 Weatherproof DSLR Camera Bundle that was being offered at "COSTCO" including a free Bonus WG-1 that was supposed to end on the 31st of October... Has been extended and the price has gone down. It was around 850.00 "Wile supplies last" Some times not being well known is good if it means that people haven't purchased the product because they don't know what it is... means the rest of us who do know what we're getting get a even sweeter deal... If you purchased it at the last min hoping to get in under the wire... Just wanted to let you know it's still there and for 50 dollars less.

Thanks John

Pentax K-30 Weatherproof DSLR Camera Bundle Blue
Views: 2,319
11-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's a great deal especially with the free WG-1.

But isn't Costco a membership only place? I mean don't you have to be a member or something in order to buy anything from Costco? Sorry - I've heard the name before but don't know anything about them.
11-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
That's a great deal especially with the free WG-1.

But isn't Costco a membership only place? I mean don't you have to be a member or something in order to buy anything from Costco? Sorry - I've heard the name before but don't know anything about them.
Yes, you do have to be a member - it's similar to Sam's Club (owned by Walmart). Yearly fees are about $40 or so, but you might get lucky and get them to issue you a "complimentary one-day pass". I got one years ago, but don't know if they still do that.
11-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Thanks for the info Paul.

11-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
Forum Member

Costco not such a great deal!

Just sold my K-r and looking for a deal on a K-30. Checked out the Costco site, but $799 with the non-WR kit lens is not such a great deal compared to what you find on Amazon or Buy.com. I saw the K-30 with the 18-55mm WR lens for as low aw $752.70! With Black Friday on the horizon, it could be worth waiting.
11-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #6

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Keep in mind the deal above also comes with the WG-1 wich is one of Pentax's water proof cameras... Kind you can take snorkeling or fool around with in the pool etc etc etc... Better deal if you actually can use it or keep it on your person as a take every were camera for when you leave your K30 at home. I think the WG-1 still go's for about 200 dollars... I could be wrong.
11-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GryphonPhotoCat Quote
799.99 - Pentax K-30 Weatherproof DSLR Camera Bundle

Just a heads up... The Pentax K-30 Weatherproof DSLR Camera Bundle that was being offered at "COSTCO" including a free Bonus WG-1 that was supposed to end on the 31st of October... Has been extended and the price has gone down. It was around 850.00 "Wile supplies last" Some times not being well known is good if it means that people haven't purchased the product because they don't know what it is... means the rest of us who do know what we're getting get a even sweeter deal... If you purchased it at the last min hoping to get in under the wire... Just wanted to let you know it's still there and for 50 dollars less.

Thanks John

Pentax K-30 Weatherproof DSLR Camera Bundle Blue
K-30 body is now £319 after an official £50 Pentax cashback, in the UK. That's about US$510 ($590 without the cashback) and the price reduction is much bigger than the recent US one.

So there's potential for further price drops on K-30 in the US...