Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

K-01 for $346 at Adorama - NEW
Posted By: Adam, 11-01-2012, 09:36 AM

The price of the K-01 just dropped by $200. Wow!

Pentax K-01 Digital Camera Body, Black 15222 ($346.95)

With the 40mm it's $446.95:

Pentax K-01 Digital Camera with Pentax 40mm F/2.8 XS Lens - Black 15242

Edit: this is an authorized Pentax deal, and B&H is now showing it as well:

Pentax K-01 Digital Camera (Black) 15222 B&H Photo Video
Views: 5,183
11-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #31
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
BestBuy is now matching the price on the body-only and the K-01 + 40XS. Adorama's bundle is still the best deal IMHO. Pentax K01 16.3Megapixel Digital Camera Black 15222 - Best Buy
As much as I hate best buy, it's good to see they're carrying Pentax, even if the cameras are only sold online.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-01-2012, 09:23 PM - 2 Likes   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Julie Quote
I'll have to sleep on this tonight and compare how much smaller this K01 will be from my K30.
Compare camera dimensions side by side
11-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
It's a lot smaller, not just in dimensions, but also in design, if that makes sense. The lack of a flash housing bulging out over the lens and no dSLR-style grip makes it feel smaller. Not Q- small, by a long shot, but the K-01 can fit in a jacket pocket with the 40mm or a small M lens, and that's something my K-x could never could do. I'm not trying to sell you either way, but except for its obvious differences, the K-01 shares a lot of features and behavior with the K-30.
Thanks.
Yes, I understand what you mean by the design being smaller; its clean-cut brick shape makes it easier to stuff somewhere than my bulkier K30.

Q still sounds appealing, but leaning more toward the K01 now with the 40XS- just because its got the K-5's sensor and supports K mount.

Now... for the color... would yellow just draw attention or make it look less intimidating, like I'm using a kids toy camera?

BestBuy is now matching the price on the body-only and the K-01 + 40XS. Adorama's bundle is still the best deal IMHO.
Pentax K01 16.3Megapixel Digital Camera Black 15222 - Best Buy
Best Buy has 6 months of financing for the K01 + 40XS, I don't mind that. It doesn't make me feel guilty that I spent a ton of money at once.

QuoteOriginally posted by NickLarsson Quote
At these prices I think the good decision is to buy both
But I don't need both, that's the problem.
I'd rather put money toward a Sigma 10-20 3.5 rather than a 3rd camera...

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Thanks, already did that.
11-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
As much as I hate best buy, it's good to see they're carrying Pentax, even if the cameras are only sold online.
Yes, the place is one I avoid but more Pentax exposure is good.

11-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #35
Veteran Member

.....Best Buy has 6 months of financing for the K01 + 40XS, I don't mind that. It doesn't make me feel guilty that I spent a ton of money at once. .....
Ah, that might balance out the Bundled items from Adorama, although a free OEM battery, SanDisk 16gb SD card, case, and such is pretty good as free add ons.
11-01-2012, 09:59 PM - 1 Like   #36
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks.
Yes, I understand what you mean by the design being smaller; its clean-cut brick shape makes it easier to stuff somewhere than my bulkier K30.

Q still sounds appealing, but leaning more toward the K01 now with the 40XS- just because its got the K-5's sensor and supports K mount.

Now... for the color... would yellow just draw attention or make it look less intimidating, like I'm using a kids toy camera?
Dunno if this is any help, but here's my K-01 next to a K100D - which is about the same size as the K-30.
Family portrait | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I think the yellow would draw fleeting attention, but then they'd switch off because it's not a "real" camera. I went with black to avoid reflections in glass cases in museums, where I do a lot of shooting.
11-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #37
Site Supporter

Get it from ebay-adorama for the K-01 package with $9.xx ebucks
11-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Dunno if this is any help, but here's my K-01 next to a K100D - which is about the same size as the K-30.
Family portrait | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I think the yellow would draw fleeting attention, but then they'd switch off because it's not a "real" camera. I went with black to avoid reflections in glass cases in museums, where I do a lot of shooting.
Do you know if the k-01 shares the same battery with the k-5? thinking about it since the price is so attractive.

11-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Do you know if the k-01 shares the same battery with the k-5? thinking about it since the price is so attractive.

Yes, they both use the D-Li90.
11-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #40

Photos: Albums
Purchased 2

I went a bit nuts and got a white one and a black one... not totally crazy the black on is going to be a gift.... but for that price... I really wanted to get a 40mm 2.8 lens.. just wasn't sure if I wanted to go with the one that came with the K-01 or the limited... but then they rased the price... But at this price point.... I can get the lens and get a walk around camera for so cheep... I'm going to use my hoodman with this and see how it works for me. I think it's going to work very well.
11-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #41
Site Supporter

You guys are hitting B&H hard. I'm seeing a lot of "out of stock" on their site now.

Larry
11-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by larryinlc Quote
You guys are hitting B&H hard. I'm seeing a lot of "out of stock" on their site now.

Larry
Funny how they are getting things out but nothing seems to be getting into them. Nice people, I hope all is well for them.
11-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Funny how they are getting things out but nothing seems to be getting into them. Nice people, I hope all is well for them.
I am guessing that incoming logistics are focused on delivering basic necessities at this point in time, plus a likely reluctance on the part of distributors to send luxury goods to locations where their customers may or may not be open for business. At the same time the major shippers (Fedex, UPS) are up and running, meaning the goodies we are buying are still able to make it to transport out of the affected areas.

Also agree, hope all is well for everyone there...kind of silly to be worried about camera stock at a time such as this.
11-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #44
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
Also agree, hope all is well for everyone there...kind of silly to be worried about camera stock at a time such as this.
Indeed, but they sure did everything they could to open their doors as quickly as possible. B&H even gave Adorama some generators so that they could re-open too, lol.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #45
Veteran Member

The white K-01 + 40XS is back at Adorama today.

Pentax K-01 Digital Camera with Pentax 40mm F/2.8 XS Lens - White 15400