Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

K-5 now only $799 at Adorama - ALL-TIME LOW!
Posted By: Adam, 11-05-2012, 12:17 AM

Pentax K5 K-5 Digital SLR Camera Body, Black 14748

They keep on doing better and better! How compelling is this for those of you that are still shooting with K10's and 20's?
Views: 5,499
11-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
And it is amazing how 2 years of patience has been completely dissolved by the receipt of a UPS tracking number.
*cracks up completely*

With you allll the way. I'm watching 4 different tracking-number-windows - two for USPS, one for FedEx and one for UPS....and none of them have updated in more than 24 hours.

Are they trying to drive me over the edge????

11-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I hear ya. And I really hate knowing the shipment is going to get stalled over the weekend. But, it'll be here in time for a "Turkey Shoot" on Thursday, so it's all good.
11-17-2012, 11:16 PM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Isn't a mate for your *ist D long overdue by now? Shake reduction alone is worth upgrading for, and let's not mention the image quality gain
It's done, I ordered the K-5 body, 16 GB SD Card, extra Pentax battery, and battery grip, all from Adorama. $798.00 for the body is too much to pass up. Thanks Adam, you're right, you pushed me over the edge.

Regards,
Steve-Seattle
11-18-2012, 01:39 AM   #34
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stpistd Quote
It's done, I ordered the K-5 body, 16 GB SD Card, extra Pentax battery, and battery grip, all from Adorama. $798.00 for the body is too much to pass up. Thanks Adam, you're right, you pushed me over the edge. Regards, Steve-Seattle
Congrats. I'm sure you'll love it! Having the extra battery in the brip makes it seem like the camera will never run out of juice

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jlimanek Quote
I pulled the trigger earlier this week. I noticed Beach Camera was selling K5s for $829 through Amazon on Tuesday, so, I decided to check their page to see how much of a price difference it was. They had them listed for $799! After a $25 off coupon code, I paid $774 with free shipping. It arrived yesterday. While I was interested in a K5ii, the $500 or so difference between the two for a new camera with a full warranty was huge. When it comes down to it, the differences between the K5 and the K5ii/iis mean nothing to me, as I am not a pro, and the step up from my K20D is a virtual quantum leap! And, even though I may miss my K20D (sent it to KEH for an appraisal) because I really liked that it felt like a tank, I have quickly fallen in love with the K5 and look forward to pushing it and my skills to the next level!
I hear you. I was an early adopter of a K-5 moving up from a K10 and I have never looked back. I had a lot of trouble with the K-10 getting
the exposures right, and to the extent that it isn't taken right, the extra exposure latitude of K-5 provides a lot more opportunity to 'fix it' in photoshop after the fact. While there are always complainers the K-5 is my 3rd digital model---I started with a *istD, and each has been a serious improvement over its predecessor.

I see the K5ii and iis as some pentax market research to see if customers would have a hissy fit over the AA filterless model, and if as it appears
the market tilts to the filterless model, Pentax will know that it can safely bring a 24mp filterless product out without a user rebellion as
the 24mp product apparently is inherently less bedeviled by problems fixed by the AA filter in any event.

In short, I thought about upgrading my K5 but finally concluded that the difference (not much), and the potential time to wait---not long for another model suggested that I should enjoy my K5 for a while longer.
11-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Congrats. I'm sure you'll love it! Having the extra battery in the brip makes it seem like the camera will never run out of juice
Hmmm....I have a K20D w/grip. I might have to get a brip, if it will fit the K20D, so I can have double power. Sorry, Adam, couldn't resist.
11-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #37
Veteran Member

K-5 arrived this afternoon, complete with a brip.

And I do think we'll be getting along very nicely.

11-22-2012, 12:28 AM   #38
Inactive Account

Price has dropped again

I just saw that the K-5 is now down to $748 on Adorama. Seems like a pretty good price... right? I have been thinking about upgrading to it.. and I just placed my order. I currently have the K-r but just feel the quality is not as high as I would like. Hope the K-5 will improve on that and will last me a good long time!

Just wanted to let everyone know.

-Peter
11-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #39
Inactive Account

Hello. I just joined the forum. Could anyone who's received their new camera from Adorama verify that it's new stock without any problems? I did notice that Venturi seems happy with his. The K-5 would be a big step up for me and my first Pentax. Thanks for any help.
11-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #40
Pentaxian

I am happy with my Adorama K5. It appears to be new stock. My "7-10 day" free UPS shipping took a mere 15 hours but I live nearby.
12-01-2012, 01:27 AM   #41
Inactive Account

Camera has arrived

I just got my K5 today. Took a little longer.. but I'm way out in California. So far all I've done is charged the battery and hold the camera. Time to play with it this weekend. From what I can tell it looks new to me. It came with the serial number card, and I also ordered the Pentax warranty at the same time.

So it looks very good to me. Seems like a nice upgrade from my K-r.

-Peter
12-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #42

My K-5 arrived on Monday, all new and shiny. I only spent a little time with it during the week but had more time today to give it a try, more tomorrow. It's what I expected and it will be a great camera. I'm happy I bought it, especially at the current prices.

Steve - Seattle
12-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stpistd Quote
My K-5 arrived on Monday, all new and shiny. I only spent a little time with it during the week but had more time today to give it a try, more tomorrow. It's what I expected and it will be a great camera. I'm happy I bought it, especially at the current prices.

Steve - Seattle
*waves to a fellow Seattle Pentaxian :P*
12-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thesadhatter Quote
Hello. I just joined the forum.
Welcome aboard!

QuoteOriginally posted by thesadhatter Quote
I did notice that Venturi seems happy with his. The K-5 would be a big step up for me and my first Pentax. Thanks for any help.
Indeed I am quite happy with the camera itself. And now that it's properly paired with a DA*50-135 I am once again in love with shooting Pentax.
12-01-2012, 11:10 PM   #45

I forgot to mention, I also bought my K-5 from Adorama. I jumped the gun and didn't get the Black Friday price, oh well. But I did get a killer price on a Pentax 18-135 WR from B&H, arriving Monday so I guess it's OK. The K-5 is an addition to my first and until now, my only DSLR, a Pentax *istD I bought new in 2003, which I DO plan to keep using, as it's a rock!
Steve-Seattle (gray skys)