Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
Amazon - K30 Kit Deal
Posted By: black-kx, 11-03-2012, 09:32 AM

Amazon has Used-Very good to Like-New K-30 package with 18-135 lens from $745 - $762 with 30day return policy (ships by Amazon)

I watched them and it was around $900 for few weeks and just dropped to $762 for Like-New one... In my opinion it is a steal becasue lens is worth at least $350.

What do you guys think?
Views: 5,944
11-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Got mine yesterday. Haven't had much time to check things out yet. Anyone have any quirks I should look for? Like things that have been bad in this camera to check. So far so good. HUGE AF improvement over my k20d so far. Speed wise anyway.

11-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.T Quote
Congrats! you got a really good deal!

Thank you!
11-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations! That's a terrific deal on a great combination. My 18-135 is my default lens and even when I am out shooting primes I have it in the bag in case the weather turns. Enjoy!
11-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Congratulations! That's a terrific deal on a great combination. My 18-135 is my default lens and even when I am out shooting primes I have it in the bag in case the weather turns. Enjoy!
Thank you!

11-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #20

Original Poster
warranty

QuoteOriginally posted by sandstone Quote
I thought I would post an update to my previous post after talking to Pentax Customer Service. I asked if the "Open Box" or "Used" Pentax cameras/lenses offered on such sites as Amazon's Warehouse Deals would be covered under the original manufacturer's or importer's warranty. The support person I spoke with was very helpful and put me on hold while he talked to corporate. The answer is NO. Only new Pentax equipment is covered under warranty in the US, and only the original buyer is covered. He said that when you send your equipment in for warranty service, they use the buyer's invoice to determine the date of purchase, and if the invoice is from a Pentax dealer and it does not say anything about used or open box, you likely would be covered. So, make sure it's a great deal... which I think the current offers for the K-30 with 18-135mm WR lens are! At least you get 30 days to make sure it works, and nearly a $300 savings to pay for repairs if you need it. Another option would be to buy an after-market warranty at Amazon.
I looked at my 2 emails from Amazon that contain order details and shipping confirmation, and both of them do not indicate condition of the camera. Therefore I have printed it and will retain for any warranty work should I ever need it. There is a good chance that Pentax will honor it.

I will be registering my product on their website as well. I also though of buying a 2-yr extended service from BH Photo for $20 for it after I register it.
11-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by black-kx Quote
I looked at my 2 emails from Amazon that contain order details and shipping confirmation, and both of them do not indicate condition of the camera. Therefore I have printed it and will retain for any warranty work should I ever need it. There is a good chance that Pentax will honor it.

I will be registering my product on their website as well. I also though of buying a 2-yr extended service from BH Photo for $20 for it after I register it.
Excellent, all bases covered. Oh, and I'm envious of the extreme deal you snagged! Good one.
11-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Most of the time when Amazon says something is "like new" I can't even tell it's used and they are very good about returns. That being said I am utterly jealous. I want that kit so bad, lol, but my CC doesn't have enough of an available balance to cover it. Grr, why can't camera stores take lay-a-way? Or Amazon? I'm saving the $$$ but it would work so much better if I was sending it their way every month instead. It's way too easy to spend the $$$ when it's in the kitty bank.

Enjoy, for me. By March, I will have the $$$ for either a used K-5 or a K-30, maybe a K-30 and the 18-135 if they still have a deal like this by then. Probably they will. They get a lot of returns from people who just decide on another camera I am sure. No doubt I'll have the chance at this kit then. Or maybe I'll find one on here. I remain optimistic! :P

11-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #23
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frooggy Quote
Got mine yesterday. Haven't had much time to check things out yet. Anyone have any quirks I should look for? Like things that have been bad in this camera to check. So far so good. HUGE AF improvement over my k20d so far. Speed wise anyway.
shutter counts? how new for the lens?
11-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

254 shutter count. Lens looks brand new. Can't believe how quiet it is when focusing with the 18-135mm. Snappy. Size is smaller than my K20D but overall I think it's quite a jump up in speed.
11-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #25
Forum Member

254 shutter count. Lens looks brand new. Can't believe how quiet it is when focusing with the 18-135mm. Snappy. Size is smaller than my K20D but overall I think it's quite a jump up in speed.
Thanks for your info.

yeah, the focusing of 18-135 is very fast and quiet! I have one copy got this summer. Love it!
11-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #26

I was being a super cheapskate and went with one in "good" condition for $713.90. But I've bought stuff that from them that was in "very good" and couldn't find a single mark on it. As long the glass is good, I'm cool with it having some scuff marks. Then I won't need to baby it.
11-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #27

I saw a blue one on amazon for 480, and was in "good" condition. It was the kit. I saw, and I was like wow that is so cheap! I was tempted, but I just bought a RX100 for concerts for the times when DSLRs aren't allowed.
11-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by memo90061 Quote
I saw a blue one on amazon for 480, and was in "good" condition. It was the kit. I saw, and I was like wow that is so cheap! I was tempted, but I just bought a RX100 for concerts for the times when DSLRs aren't allowed.
Be careful. There was someone posting k-30's and k-5's for like $470ish used, in like new condition. 3 different companies all "just launched" with the same email address. I see amazon took them all down. It was a few days ago. I think the email was "something"@msn.com
11-12-2012, 01:34 AM   #29

Original Poster
Be careful. There was someone posting k-30's and k-5's for like $470ish used, in like new condition. 3 different companies all "just launched" with the same email address. I see amazon took them all down. It was a few days ago. I think the email was "something"@msn.com
You are correct, there were scams for K-30 and K-5, I even emailed Amazon to investigate... They did came up in couple days again. All of them showed an image of email address in the place of the name/photo of the seller. I emailed one of them and the seller stated that he is out of country but the camera is with him. He then took the listing down and told me that he will email me an invoce. I didn't give him any of my info and reported it to Amazon.
11-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #30

The one that I saw was from Amazon's warehouse deals. :O