Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pentax DA* 60-250 $1370
Posted By: stormtech, 11-20-2012, 06:44 AM

While this isn't the greatest deal on earth, if you've been wanting the DA* 60-250 this is the best price I've seen for a while - $1370 with free shipping. The average on-line price now looks to average $1900.

This is from Amazon - sold by Emmy Photo and fulfilled by Amazon. I've bought a couple items from this vendor and everything was great. The key is that it is fulfilled by Amazon.

Amazon.com: Pentax SMC DA* 60-250mm f/4 ED IF SDM Telephoto Zoom Lens w/ Case for Pentax Digital SLR Cameras: Camera & Photo
Views: 1,080
11-20-2012, 08:50 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you aware of Adam's posts about calling B&H and Adorama to get their REAL price on the MAP covered Pentax Lenses?
11-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Are you aware of Adam's posts about calling B&H and Adorama to get their REAL price on the MAP covered Pentax Lenses?
Yes, but I've only heard a recent result with the DA*55 - I'd be curious to hear the results with this lens and also the DA*16-50.
11-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Yes, but I've only heard a recent result with the DA*55 - I'd be curious to hear the results with this lens and also the DA*16-50.
There's no obligation to take the phone quote but I think if you are interested it would be well worth your time to make the 2 calls. I'd rather give B&H and Adorama my business if they are competitive on price, they support the photography community in a variety of ways that I benefit from and have been standup companies in my experience.

11-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I agree with you 100% - was just sharing a link to a good deal on this lens. I don't need one myself as I already own one.
11-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I agree with you 100% - was just sharing a link to a good deal on this lens. I don't need one myself as I already own one.
Ah, you already own one. So, how does it work on the Q?
11-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #7

B & H quoted me over the phone the same price listed on their website for the DA* 60-250. It was not any lower over the phone.

11-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tabbakh Quote
B & H quoted me over the phone the same price listed on their website for the DA* 60-250. It was not any lower over the phone.
Adam and others have reported getting the lower quote over the phone. I'd check with Adam and see what's up.
11-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Adam and others have reported getting the lower quote over the phone. I'd check with Adam and see what's up.
The in-store and phone pricing is lower (was on the phone with B&H today and they said that even the K-30 is cheaper ($683) in-store, or something like that)). Regardless, with black friday coming up, the lens prices may yet fall even more!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That is why in my post above I was curious about the phone call prices for the 60-250 and 16-50. I've only heard good results here on the forum with the 55 and 50-135 so far......

Thanks for posting the results of your phone call tabbakh!
11-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The in-store and phone pricing is lower (was on the phone with B&H today and they said that even the K-30 is cheaper ($683) in-store, or something like that)). Regardless, with black friday coming up, the lens prices may yet fall even more!
So, if a sales clerk on the phone quotes the online price to someone on the phone - what should the customer do? Should they ask to speak to someone specific or just a supervisor?
11-20-2012, 05:59 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

So, if a sales clerk on the phone quotes the online price to someone on the phone - what should the customer do? Should they ask to speak to someone specific or just a supervisor?
Dunno, actually- good question! Let me ask.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah....really. This is getting almost to a tipping point for me - as in do I have to beg to buy a Pentax lens?

One price on-line - a different price if you call..........sometimes.......what a joke. I really like my Pentax gear and the community here, and yes, my gear is still going to work the same with or without the issue in this thread, but it sure puts a bad taste in my mouth about Pentax.
11-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #14

I called B & H again this morning to request pricing on the DA* 60-250. Again the price was quoted the same as their website at &1896.95. This time I brought up MAP pricing. I was assured over the phone that in this case that didnt matter. So, you are not guaranteed a lower price by calling.
11-21-2012, 07:55 AM   #15
Banned

This was my experience as well. I called to get the price on a different lens, an FA, so I guess there's no discount pricing on those because it was the website price.