Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2012, 09:12 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
bundle

QuoteOriginally posted by abacus07 Quote
In this case I don't think you would be able to. This $30 off doesn't extend to the bundled package that most probably got. I've been waiting to order for a couple of reasons but I will probably pay the $346 to get the extra battery, SD card and camera case. I could really use the extra battery and you can never have too many SD cards.
Exactly right, the Adorama Bundle is not discounted now. I bought mine yesterday before the extra $30 off but I can actually use the stuff in the Bundle, so it is not a loss. I especially like that the SD card is a SanDisk class 10, not a throw-away.

11-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
It was a steal at $349.00 (bought mine at Crutchfield, as everyone else sold out at that price - still the same price there today).... at $319.00 - not dirt cheap - dirt is way more expensive!
But I appreciated THoog's 'brick in the hand" comment - I've easily had $30 worth of fun with mine already. Murphy's Law applied to Electronics - whatever you just got on sale today will be cheaper tomorrow! Remember how much you enjoyed it today.
11-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by goldenarrow Quote
Exactly right, the Adorama Bundle is not discounted now. I bought mine yesterday before the extra $30 off but I can actually use the stuff in the Bundle, so it is not a loss. I especially like that the SD card is a SanDisk class 10, not a throw-away.

This is a true thing you guys say :P My bundle had the 16 GB class 10 SDHC card in it which goes for an average price of $25 anyway :P No such thing as too much storage space! I got my last 16GB at a full price premium - racing from the wedding ceremony to the wedding reception with a stop at Best Buy cause I'd filled the sixteen gig card I had with me....just shooting the ceremony event. It was a looooong wedding!
11-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Back in September when the first instant rebate got the K-01 w/ lens into the $600 range, we were talking about the $250 lens with the $350 rear lens cap that could be used as a (darned good) camera, and what a bargain that was. Of course, we all want to spend our money wisely, but rather than fret over thirty bucks, I'd still rather gloat over the awesome deal I got on a lens cap.

11-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
rather than fret over thirty bucks, I'd still rather gloat over the awesome deal I got on a lens cap.
ROFL THoog
11-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ecaterin Quote
ROFL THoog

Lol! If the Pentax Q cap lens were out already, that joke would be even better!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Lol! If the Pentax Q cap lens were out already, that joke would be even better!
ROFL!SNORT Adam Dude, have you even slept? You're gettin' punchy!!
11-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ecaterin Quote
ROFL!SNORT Adam Dude, have you even slept? You're gettin' punchy!!
I got quite a bit, actually. Hope that cap lens comes out soon- it'll be an industry first.

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter

Arghhh! Finally decided to order from B&H but their site isn't accepting anymore orders for like 24 hours. My quest to get a white K-01 with the 40mm lens goes unfulfilled yet again.
11-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Doesn't Adorama have it at the same price?

Pentax K-01 Digital Camera with Pentax 40mm F/2.8 XS Lens - White 15400

Adam

11-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #26

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I'd still rather gloat over the awesome deal I got on a lens cap.
Yeah, I was ebaying "Genuine Pentax rear lens cap" for some of my old glass when I realized a K 01 would be cheaper.

Can I still claim my digital camera virginity if I only use it to keep my K and M glass clean for use on my ME Super and MX?
11-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jakeblues Quote
Yeah, I was ebaying "Genuine Pentax rear lens cap" for some of my old glass when I realized a K 01 would be cheaper.

Can I still claim my digital camera virginity if I only use it to keep my K and M glass clean for use on my ME Super and MX?
Welllllllll, there are those that claim because it doesn't have an optical viewfinder, it's more of a doorstop than a camera, so you might have a chance there.
11-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #28
Site Supporter

Some of you might also pass off the K-01 as a storage device for your spare LI-90 battery works for me!
11-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Some of you might also pass off the K-01 as a storage device for your spare LI-90 battery works for me!
You can even check your battery charge with it - double duty!

11-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter

OK, just ordered the white body from Adorama for $316. It's currently backordered just like my other order from Best Buy from well over a week ago. Whoever ships first doesn't get cancelled. Been trying to get this camera since October 26th. This has been such an ordeal and it's still not over...