QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I also just got word that this is a permanent price drop
As long as they last?

11-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
As long as they last?
Some people (maybe not you) are acting like this price drop is related to discontinuing the model. It was obviously priced to high at the launch but considering all of the content that has been stripped out this is probably still a profitable price point for the entry level model (that happens to be mirrorless). I'm confident that the K-01 will be available until they are in the process of launching a new model.
11-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter

So does anyone think 8 months of fun use at $40 +/- a month was worth pre-ordering on the original release (here's a hint - I do). Never bought anything pre-order before this and, well, it was kinda fun.
11-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #49

They'll probably get it next week, most likely I hate best buy and have personally boycotted them (long story equating to a bunch of BS on their end), so I'm tempted to say you should cancel with them
Me too, gave up on BB 3 years ago.

11-27-2012, 06:30 PM - 1 Like   #50
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
So does anyone think 8 months of fun use at $40 +/- a month was worth pre-ordering on the original release (here's a hint - I do). Never bought anything pre-order before this and, well, it was kinda fun.
I waited until the first price reduction in September, and (to my surprise) enjoy my K-01 so much that I regret not jumping in at the beginning...
11-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I waited until the first price reduction in September, and (to my surprise) enjoy my K-01 so much that I regret not jumping in at the beginning...
While we all like to get a great deal on gear, the real value comes from our enjoyment, satisfaction, and end result. I've done the same before and never regretted it either.
11-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
While we all like to get a great deal on gear, the real value comes from our enjoyment, satisfaction, and end result. I've done the same before and never regretted it either.
Stan,
Funny, I'm just the opposite. I get irritated when a higher ticket item I have purchased shows up for a lot less. I waited until last Cyber Monday to buy my K-5 at <$1k and it stayed at that price a long time. Buying tech when it first comes out is a no-go for me after years of buying for a small practice and having to be the tech guy and the buyer. Can't complain that they buyer didn't know what he was doing to anyone So, I tend to buy mid-to-late cycle for tech. The Q at $299 is a joy - at $600 it was a no-go. Still, I'm glad that you enjoyed your K-01 from the get-go and its going on bargain basement sale hasn't diminished that joy for you. Wish I could be more that way, I'd be less stressed.
11-27-2012, 08:49 PM - 1 Like   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Stan,
Funny, I'm just the opposite. I get irritated when a higher ticket item I have purchased shows up for a lot less. I waited until last Cyber Monday to buy my K-5 at <$1k and it stayed at that price a long time. Buying tech when it first comes out is a no-go for me after years of buying for a small practice and having to be the tech guy and the buyer. Can't complain that they buyer didn't know what he was doing to anyone So, I tend to buy mid-to-late cycle for tech. The Q at $299 is a joy - at $600 it was a no-go. Still, I'm glad that you enjoyed your K-01 from the get-go and its going on bargain basement sale hasn't diminished that joy for you. Wish I could be more that way, I'd be less stressed.
No K-01 for me - my statement was more of a generalization, and from some years ago. Once in a while I will still buy something when I want it, but have turned into a "hot deal" guru of sorts in the past year or so. My point was that sometimes life is too short, and you just have to go for it. As far as my photography stuff, I have to be careful because I've found that I am quite the gear head. I now have the ultimate kit for what I do, so I'm not desperate to have any of the latest and greatest. My problem now is that when I find an awesome deal, like some of the deals this past weekend, I end of buying something just because it is an awesome price, and not something that I really "need" but will still use.

Either way, it's i vicious cirlce........

11-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
No K-01 for me - my statement was more of a generalization, and from some years ago. Once in a while I will still buy something when I want it, but have turned into a "hot deal" guru of sorts in the past year or so. My point was that sometimes life is too short, and you just have to go for it. As far as my photography stuff, I have to be careful because I've found that I am quite the gear head. I now have the ultimate kit for what I do, so I'm not desperate to have any of the latest and greatest. My problem now is that when I find an awesome deal, like some of the deals this past weekend, I end of buying something just because it is an awesome price, and not something that I really "need" but will still use.

Either way, it's i vicious cirlce........
I can relate more to where you are with buying something because its an awesome price than I can with buying the newest and most expensive tech at its debut.
12-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #55
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Looks like Adorama just dropped the price again, so now both stores are at $316

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks like Adorama just dropped the price again, so now both stores are at $316
Adam,
Now they just have to replenish stock for two coming South and you can increase my space!