Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
11-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #31
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
OK, just ordered the white body from Adorama for $316. It's currently backordered just like my other order from Best Buy from well over a week ago. Whoever ships first doesn't get cancelled. Been trying to get this camera since October 26th. This has been such an ordeal and it's still not over...
They'll probably get it next week, most likely I hate best buy and have personally boycotted them (long story equating to a bunch of BS on their end), so I'm tempted to say you should cancel with them

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
They'll probably get it next week, most likely I hate best buy and have personally boycotted them (long story equating to a bunch of BS on their end), so I'm tempted to say you should cancel with them
Trust me when I say that I would love to cancel my BB order never look back and throw my loyalty/support towards B&H, Adorama, and even Amazon (Prime member at the moment and loving it!). Unfortunately, I had well over $170 tied up in Reward Zone points and BB gift cards as well as being able to get expedited shipping for free because of my Premier Silver membership status so after the horrible experience that was dealing with an eBay seller that held on to my money for over 18 days before cancelling my order I figured I'd give them a shot. All said and done my order from BB cost $294 (for which they have already charged my card) for the K-01 with the 40mm lens, seemed like a great deal. They said it would ship in 3-5 days and all would be good but then a couple days later it went into Backorder status and they still do not have an ETA. Thank god my trusty Pentax Q (which I ordered well after the K-01) has been keeping me fairly well occupied in the meantime. Otherwise I would have been sitting here the whole time staring at a bunch of K-Mount lenses I bought wondering why I have no camera to use them with.
11-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #33
Site Supporter

My K-01 is showing shipping pending.
11-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
My K-01 is showing shipping pending.
Oh gee thanks for rubbing it in.....

11-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #35
Pentaxian

My wife and I had the "we have to talk" chat this morning. I showed her the white K-01 'ghost camera' (still seeking the right name for it ) and we compared it to her Lumix G1. For now the G1 is a better fit for her ergonomically (yes she said that, how could I not love her?).

We have a K-5 and K-01 in any case, but no yellow one will be coming to us. I had to give her the chance to spend $316 anyway
11-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
My wife and I had the "we have to talk" chat this morning. I showed her the white K-01 'ghost camera' (still seeking the right name for it ) and we compared it to her Lumix G1. For now the G1 is a better fit for her ergonomically (yes she said that, how could I not love her?).

We have a K-5 and K-01 in any case, but no yellow one will be coming to us. I had to give her the chance to spend $316 anyway
I tried to get my wife to try a GF2 but she used it once and asked for her P&S back. No way I could get her to try the K-01.
11-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #37
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I tried to get my wife to try a GF2 but she used it once and asked for her P&S back. No way I could get her to try the K-01.
My GF2 will be looking for a new home soon.

11-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
I showed her the white K-01 'ghost camera' (still seeking the right name for it )
Pandatrooper!
11-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #39
Veteran Member

This isn't right I can't afford a new camera right now. Still have to pay off the lens I just bought
11-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bass3587 Quote
This isn't right I can't afford a new camera right now. Still have to pay off the lens I just bought
I don't see a problem here.
Attached Images

11-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #41
Veteran Member

I do have an account with BH . That Tamron 70-200 2.8 was calling me.
11-26-2012, 11:22 PM - 1 Like   #42
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
FWIW while Adorama's BF deals are gone, B&H has just discounted all of the K-01 kits by $30, and some of them (the interesting ones) are actually in stock!

pentax k-01| B&H Photo Video

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #43
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
FWIW while Adorama's BF deals are gone, B&H has just discounted all of the K-01 kits by $30, and some of them (the interesting ones) are actually in stock!

pentax k-01| B&H Photo Video
Thanks, I ordered the white with the 40mm. Trying to cancel my Adorama and Best Buy orders now. It's like playing musical chairs with these retailers to get this camera. Although I have a feeling Adorama would have probably come through in the next few days. Best Buy on the other hand wanted me to wait another 3-4 weeks. Hopefully will have the camera in my hands by the middle of next week.
11-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #44

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Thanks, I ordered the white with the 40mm. Trying to cancel my Adorama and Best Buy orders now. It's like playing musical chairs with these retailers to get this camera. Although I have a feeling Adorama would have probably come through in the next few days. Best Buy on the other hand wanted me to wait another 3-4 weeks. Hopefully will have the camera in my hands by the middle of next week.
Hah. That's exactly what I did... originally had ordered a white one with 40mm from adorama. It was on backorder, so I placed an order with BH and am trying to cancel Adorama.
11-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #45
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I also just got word that this is a permanent price drop

Adam