Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Pentax DA* 55mm: $594 ($205 off)
Posted By: Adam, 11-23-2012, 12:30 AM

The great 55mm portrait lens falls in price to something more reasonable: $594.

Pentax Telephoto 55mm f/1.4 DA* SDM Autofocus Lens 21790 B&H

Views: 1,456
11-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Only 1.5 hours left - did you get yours yet Ecat........?
I managed to hold my breath and stay away from the computer LOL! Still holding out for the FA77 - hoping I can find one within my reach on the used market But damn, the photos from the DA55* have a lot of fairy dust, there's no doubt about that.

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
don't get me started on jsherman, he is the ultimate gasoline poured over the flames of LBA. I even bought a couple of lenses from him thinking some of that mojo might rub off on me...
ROFL! Hey, sympathetic magic is a perfectly legit way to be creative! :P You guys are hugely inspiring to all of us - I'll refrain from saying more than that so as to spare you the blushing

11-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ecaterin Quote
I managed to hold my breath and stay away from the computer LOL! Still holding out for the FA77 - hoping I can find one within my reach on the used market But damn, the photos from the DA55* have a lot of fairy dust, there's no doubt about that.
Too funny! After I made my post last night about only having 1.5 hours left, I pictured you walking away from your computer until it was all over. I think you are doing the right thing in waiting out that 77 - I've done that before where I ended up "settling" for something different than I original was after, and usually regretted it.

I'll keep my eye open for that elusive smokin' deal on a new FA77!
11-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Dunno if you say my other post about the FA limiteds, but MAP restrictions currently prevent dealers from discounting them

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Too funny! After I made my post last night about only having 1.5 hours left, I pictured you walking away from your computer until it was all over. I think you are doing the right thing in waiting out that 77 - I've done that before where I ended up "settling" for something different than I original was after, and usually regretted it.

frankly, I hold the opinion that the FA77 is one of a handful of lenses that can be purchased at full retail price without any second guessing of its value. Don't wait too long...

11-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Aww, thank you, Stan Yeah, I've been through this on the way to buying the DA15 - I know I'll fret unless I get The One. So far I'm holding out on temptation

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Dunno if you say my other post about the FA limiteds, but MAP restrictions currently prevent dealers from discounting them
Indeed, Adam! There'll be a good used one out there for me though. Eventually! And meanwhile, I'm quite curious about the regular price deals it sounds like you're working out with the stores! You rock
11-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
frankly, I hold the opinion that the FA77 is one of a handful of lenses that can be purchased at full retail price without any second guessing of its value. Don't wait too long...
ITA - it really is. All three of them are, IMO. I camp out in the FA Ltd. thread and marvel at the texture and feel those lenses give and I miss my FA43 every time I get out my camera!

My inability to establish a business model by which my photography brings in a single dime, however, means it's quite a financial commitment and any $ I can save off of retail is worth looking for :P If I knew I could make the money back, I'd lay down the dollars for all three FA Ltds. *today*. Darned lack of business sense!

11-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Thanks Adam for putting pics on it .