Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
(Black Friday) 50% off @ Topaz Labs
Posted By: HockeyDad, 11-23-2012, 05:50 AM

50% off all Topaz plugins as well as the Bundle Black Friday - Cyber Monday

Coupon code: CyberSavings

Topaz Labs - Video and Image Enhancement Software

Last edited by HockeyDad; 11-23-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Views: 4,012
11-23-2012, 06:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yep had an email from them this morning, I'll just say WooHoo!

That is a great price for some excellent software.
11-23-2012, 06:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not seeing the discount - when I use the link everything is at full price with no mention of any special price.

Do I need a code or something?
11-23-2012, 07:05 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Do I need a code or something?
QuoteQuote:
Be sure to take advantage of the Black Friday and Cyber Monday savings, 50% off all individual products and bundles, by entering the code "CyberSavings" when purchasing.
From the email.

11-23-2012, 07:06 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm not seeing the discount - when I use the link everything is at full price with no mention of any special price.
Not sure what happened there... maybe the link was changed somehow by the mod since posts to this forum require approval. Anyway, I've tried to update the original post and will repeat the link here: http://www.topazlabs.com/mktg/emails/11-23-12/

Last edited by HockeyDad; 11-23-2012 at 07:23 AM.
11-23-2012, 07:07 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
From the email.
Thank you - it now works with the code.
11-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Thank you - it now works with the code.
Excellent! That worked out rather well, I had been taking the Topaz package free trial. As luck would have it my trial timed out at midnight Thursday.

11-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I've heard a lot of good things about Topaz plugins, and this is my first try with any of them - doing a free trial with a bunch of them to decided before Monday and the discount is over. I agree in that if I pull the trigger, I would probably go with the bundle with the excellent discount right now.

Very nice simple to use plugins, but I feel as I might be missing something as a lot of them I can do by myself in other applications.

Also, I would have to buy their photoFXlab since I don't use any Adobe products. I am trying the trial plugins via Sagelight right now but I don't know if Sagelight is going to be around for long.
11-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I've heard a lot of good things about Topaz plugins, and this is my first try with any of them - doing a free trial with a bunch of them to decided before Monday and the discount is over. I agree in that if I pull the trigger, I would probably go with the bundle with the excellent discount right now. Very nice simple to use plugins, but I feel as I might be missing something as a lot of them I can do by myself in other applications. Also, I would have to buy their photoFXlab since I don't use any Adobe products. I am trying the trial plugins via Sagelight right now but I don't know if Sagelight is going to be around for long.
The one plugin which I found is close to being unrivaled is DeNoise. A lot of the other effects you can definitely accomplish yourself, though- you're right.

Have you ever used Photoshop?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The one plugin which I found is close to being unrivaled is DeNoise. A lot of the other effects you can definitely accomplish yourself, though- you're right.

Have you ever used Photoshop?
Photoshop? No.

While I like to "play" with my images, I just don't want or need to get into heavy PP. I'm currently using Acdsee Pro6 as my main raw converter while using DxO quite a bit with certain lenses and quite happy with the results I get with them.

I have heard that DeNoise is one of the best, plus I was interested in their B&W plugin as I have recently been tipping my toe back into B&W for the first time since my film years.
11-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photoshop? No.

While I like to "play" with my images, I just don't want or need to get into heavy PP. I'm currently using Acdsee Pro6 as my main raw converter while using DxO quite a bit with certain lenses and quite happy with the results I get with them.

I have heard that DeNoise is one of the best, plus I was interested in their B&W plugin as I have recently been tipping my toe back into B&W for the first time since my film years.
I use photoshop mainly and it can basically do everything you need, from really fancy effects (w/ a moderate learning curve), to batch processing, to basic PP stuff. And you're right- B&W effects is another great plugin, though, yeah, it's somewhat simple.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Very nice simple to use plugins, but I feel as I might be missing something as a lot of them I can do by myself in other applications
True that to an extent, I found different or quicker results. Adjust gives a different result than Lightroom, Denoise is really really good, ReMask rocks. Detail is handy and I expect as I use it I'll come to love it. I have nothing like LensEffects and so on...

I would have to buy their photoFXlab since I don't use any Adobe products.
photoEXlab seems pretty good for what it is. Another option PaintShop Pro is on sale right now for the incredibly low price of 29 or 39 dollars depending on the extras.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/digital-processing-software-printing/2060...-00-corel.html
At that price I picked it up even though I have PhotoShop.
11-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
Another option PaintShop Pro is on sale right now for the incredibly low price of 29 or 39 dollars depending on the extras.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/digital-processing-software-printing/2060...-00-corel.html
At that price I picked it up even though I have PhotoShop.
Great idea riff - I downloaded the trial of PSP and loaded the Topaz plugin trials. I'll be able to give it all a good evaluation tonight/tomorrow before the special prices end.

Thanks for the suggestion!
11-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #14
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Enjoy. The Topaz suite is a good find. I use Adjust, Clean, B&W effects and Detail the most and find their algorithms powerful and useful in getting some fine results.
11-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #15
mee
Veteran Member

Remask is incredible at pulling out details.. farrr better than I could do by hand.