Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
K-01 & 40mm Groupon Deal
Posted By: OrangeKx, 11-24-2012, 11:48 PM

Groupon featuring the K-01 & 40mm lens for $399. Nice to see Pentax making the rounds. I personally would buy from a camera specific store (online or otherwise) but nice to see it out there.

Pentax K-01 K-mount 16MP Digital Camera with 40MM Lens Kit Deal of the Day | Groupon Abilene, TX
Views: 1,375
11-25-2012, 03:19 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I'll say this only once: if you are outside of the US stay away from anything connected to Groupon! They have already been convicted multiple times of consumer fraud in many countries. They have no scruples about who they accept as their business partners and you will end up with refurbs, stuff with wrong voltage, plug or language settings, TV's that are unable to be tuned to the channels of the country they are sold in and similar nasties.

You are basically pre-financing their operation so take into account that delivery might me months later then what is promised. They have no control over- nor sense of responsibility for- the business partners offering products and services through their website. All they care about is getting their hands on your money and leaving you to solve issues with their "business partners".

Groupon: number one on consumer complaint and ombudsman websites throughout Europe!
11-25-2012, 04:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Groupon is great! But I only buy dinning deals there
11-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
Pentaxian

depths they go to?

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Groupon is great! But I only buy dinning deals there
Can restaurant food be "refurbished"??? (shhh - don't tell your significant other......)

Last edited by goldenarrow; 11-25-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: text
11-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goldenarrow Quote
Can restaurant food be "refurbished"??? (shhh - don't tell your significant other......)

No idea, but they tasted pretty good, most time .
11-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
I'll say this only once: if you are outside of the US stay away from anything connected to Groupon! They have already been convicted multiple times of consumer fraud in many countries. They have no scruples about who they accept as their business partners and you will end up with refurbs, stuff with wrong voltage, plug or language settings, TV's that are unable to be tuned to the channels of the country they are sold in and similar nasties.

You are basically pre-financing their operation so take into account that delivery might me months later then what is promised. They have no control over- nor sense of responsibility for- the business partners offering products and services through their website. All they care about is getting their hands on your money and leaving you to solve issues with their "business partners".

Groupon: number one on consumer complaint and ombudsman websites throughout Europe!
Wow. I cannot say I have looked up nor heard about problems that you are mentioning. I've brought at least 15 things from groupon over the years and had no issues what so ever. Golf lesson, clothes, cigars, events, etc. I am in the USA tho.

I debating on this deal. Would be great to add to my gear.
11-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #7
Veteran Member

neah.
Ordered one for my girlfriend from adorama for like 416, plus a $14 shipping for 430.
the one groupon has more color options...however 399+tax makes it like 426.
so, still keep the adorama one .
11-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for the heads up. Been trying to get a white K-01 for a while now. Might try going for this deal if I don't hear back from Adorama or Best Buy in the next day.