Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
Pentax Q zoom kit 246.21 @ ShopNBC
Posted By: Classico, 11-25-2012, 02:34 PM

White or black I went with white. free SD card also but its class 4...
Pentax Q 12.4MP 3" LCD Screen Digital Camera w/ Zoom Lens Kit & 8GB SD Card ShopNBC.com
Views: 9,561
12-22-2012, 06:09 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zany225 Quote
Just got the Q today.

3 items are missing so I recommend everyone carefully check your items in the box once you receive it.

1. Additional 2-year warranty card. (Heck! this is the most thing I want from this deal.)
2. 8GB SD card. (Second heck!)
3. Lightning PDF converter CD-ROM. (Fine! I don't want it)

Just e-mailed them. Let's see what they will answer or fix this problem.
Anybody else is missing some things you supposed to get?
Sorry you had the problem. I think I know what happened. You got a Q kit box with the normal stuff in it but without the extras added. My stuff was inside the Q box, not added to the shipping box. Someone missed your box when adding stuff. I hope they can just mail you the three missing items in a padded envelope and solve the mistake easily for you.

12-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Just got the Q today.

3 items are missing so I recommend everyone carefully check your items in the box once you receive it.

1. Additional 2-year warranty card. (Heck! this is the most thing I want from this deal.)
2. 8GB SD card. (Second heck!)
3. Lightning PDF converter CD-ROM. (Fine! I don't want it)

Just e-mailed them. Let's see what they will answer or fix this problem.
Anybody else is missing some things you supposed to get?
I received my, errr my wife's Q in the mail yesterday, upon inspection I had everything that was supposed to have been there, I didn't like the fact that those extra items were in the Q box. I was hoping for the "sealed never been open" look. But I guess I'm just particular on having things look perfect for gifts. But I hope you are able to get things resolved quickly and hopefully a next day express delivery on Monday for their mistake.
12-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #78
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bear Quote
I received my, errr my wife's Q in the mail yesterday, upon inspection I had everything that was supposed to have been there, I didn't like the fact that those extra items were in the Q box. I was hoping for the "sealed never been open" look. But I guess I'm just particular on having things look perfect for gifts. But I hope you are able to get things resolved quickly and hopefully a next day express delivery on Monday for their mistake.
Pentax boxes are not sealed. So, all they had to do was what you did - pull out the tab and lift the lid. Several people have written in lately to ask if they got a return because the Pentax box for their camera, kit, or lens was not sealed - Pentax boxes are not sealed.
12-26-2012, 01:48 AM   #79

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Pentax boxes are not sealed. So, all they had to do was what you did - pull out the tab and lift the lid. Several people have written in lately to ask if they got a return because the Pentax box for their camera, kit, or lens was not sealed - Pentax boxes are not sealed.

Pentax Q unboxing video from 2011 seems to show a seal...

Attached Images

12-26-2012, 05:14 AM   #80
Veteran Member

Yeah, that is standard fare for pretty much every camera I've bought (including panasonic, olympus and nikon as well). smaller brick and mortar stores that can only stock limited inventory often need to show you the camera you'll be buying by showing you the actual camera you'll be buying - if there was a sticker over every box that sealed them up, nobody would want to buy them as new with a torn sticker.
12-26-2012, 05:15 AM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by flylow7f39 Quote
Pentax Q unboxing video from 2011 seems to show a seal...

Pentax Q unboxing - YouTube
I have owned 4 Bnib Pentax cameras and 6 BNIB Pentax brand lenses, including two Limited lenses, and not one of those boxes has had a seal or been sealed shut.
12-26-2012, 06:16 AM   #82
Veteran Member

I have owned 4 Bnib Pentax cameras and 6 BNIB Pentax brand lenses, including two Limited lenses, and not one of those boxes has had a seal or been sealed shut.
Same here with a couple cameras and multiple lenses - no seal.

12-28-2012, 06:38 AM   #83

will anyone be able to order one and ship across the border as gift for me? :P
12-28-2012, 07:16 AM - 1 Like   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bear Quote
I was hoping for the "sealed never been open" look...
To determine if your Pentax is "fresh," check the shutter count.

Go to...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-camera-articles/169265-how-ch...te-online.html

...and follow the instructions.

Cheers...M
01-06-2013, 12:10 AM   #85

Just got the missing items from ShopNBC! Now it's 3-year warranty now and so happy.

Thanks!!
01-06-2013, 05:22 AM   #86

Does not ship to Australia :c
Would've grabbed one right away if I could've...
01-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #87

Just have time to open envelope that ShopNBC send me the missing stuffs.

Guess what I got from ShopNBC, everything that I mentioned and asked to them, PLUS, extra serial number cards from another Q and another kit 02 zoom lens! (I got them from the start, which match to mine already)

Anyone missing your cards, please check!
If they are yours, please post your serial numbers underneath your camera and your lens. I can send them to you for free!

Q body : 4505351
Zoom lens : 3141481
Attached Images

01-07-2013, 06:06 AM   #88
Veteran Member

Just have time to open envelope that ShopNBC send me the missing stuffs.

Guess what I got from ShopNBC, everything that I mentioned and asked to them, PLUS, extra serial number cards from another Q and another kit 02 zoom lens! (I got them from the start, which match to mine already)

Anyone missing your cards, please check!
If they are yours, please post your serial numbers underneath your camera and your lens. I can send them to you for free!

Q body : 4505351
Zoom lens : 3141481
Glad you got your missing parts for the Q. ShopNBC seems to be well-meaning if a bit disorganized. Oh, and their idea of a month is 28 days, the monthly payments they offer are happening every 28 days.