Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
Pentax Q zoom kit 246.21 @ ShopNBC
Posted By: Classico, 11-25-2012, 02:34 PM

White or black I went with white. free SD card also but its class 4...
Pentax Q 12.4MP 3" LCD Screen Digital Camera w/ Zoom Lens Kit & 8GB SD Card ShopNBC.com
Views: 9,555
12-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #46
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DavidOBryan Quote
Come to the small (dark) side Adam.
If the Q had power zoom I'd be sold, but it doesn't

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #47
Pentaxian

This is an "authorized" dealer for Pentax? Is there any concern that the warranty (whether original or extended) would be honored?
12-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #48
Forum Member

Looks like a decent little camera to have around. Thinking about getting one. Has anyone tried K adapter with other lenses?
12-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SonDa5 Quote
Looks like a decent little camera to have around. Thinking about getting one. Has anyone tried K adapter with other lenses?
There are several threads in the Q section devoted to that subject. The brief answer is that the Q has more adaters available for it than any other camera I can find. The K adapters come in three main varieties - simple with no aperture control, aperture control, and Pentax OEM with aperture control & built in leaf shutter. They range in price from $15 to $249. I have used the basic one with a variety of my older lenses that have aperture control on the lens and the Q at 5.5 crop factor makes a K300/4 lens into a Super Telephoto at 1650mm. If you are thinking of one there is no better deal in the US than the ShopNBC deal right now.

12-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #50

Photos: Albums
Got my Q from this place. Was shipped out about four biz days after I ordered. They included the Extended Warranty, plus that SD card. It all looks fine to me. Am pleased with my purchase and particularly the price.
12-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by yellowruby Quote
Got my Q from this place. Was shipped out about four biz days after I ordered. They included the Extended Warranty, plus that SD card. It all looks fine to me. Am pleased with my purchase and particularly the price.
Congratulations! It took them 5 to get mine in the mail to me. Shipping was $13 but still the Warranty and the price make this a great purchase IMHO. C
12-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #52
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
There are several threads in the Q section devoted to that subject. The brief answer is that the Q has more adaters available for it than any other camera I can find. The K adapters come in three main varieties - simple with no aperture control, aperture control, and Pentax OEM with aperture control & built in leaf shutter. They range in price from $15 to $249. I have used the basic one with a variety of my older lenses that have aperture control on the lens and the Q at 5.5 crop factor makes a K300/4 lens into a Super Telephoto at 1650mm. If you are thinking of one there is no better deal in the US than the ShopNBC deal right now.

That sounds like a lot of fun and for the deal seems like a great time to buy.... So tempting. I just bought the K-01 and am looking at getting another lense for it. With the Q and the adapter I would have alot of fun experimenting. I hope this price sticks around. Right now I am not sure I could buy it. Maybe next month though. Could the price get lower?

12-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any room for 2 more in the small (dark) side?

I just took the dive. After seeing the price compared to other sites (some at $399.99 for the same kit) I just had to buy now. The other threads aboslutely made my mind up for me. Its so small, and easier to carry around town for fun than the K-5 and better than my iphone. I bought this as a gift for my wife for Christmas. Shes been wanting an advanced camera, so I figured why not start with this. But, I know I will end up hoarding for myself and have to force myself to share I cant wait for her to open up this gift on Christmas day so that I can finally get to play with it. haha... BTW, the white kit is sold out, I was really looking forward to buygin that one, the kit sold out overnight, I saw it available last night but wanted to think about it so of course when I made my mind up, it was sold out but, at least I still got a really good deal on it. Especially using the ValuePay option at $41 a month. Cant beat it!
12-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bear Quote
I just took the dive. After seeing the price compared to other sites (some at $399.99 for the same kit) I just had to buy now. The other threads aboslutely made my mind up for me. Its so small, and easier to carry around town for fun than the K-5 and better than my iphone. I bought this as a gift for my wife for Christmas. Shes been wanting an advanced camera, so I figured why not start with this. But, I know I will end up hoarding for myself and have to force myself to share I cant wait for her to open up this gift on Christmas day so that I can finally get to play with it. haha... BTW, the white kit is sold out, I was really looking forward to buygin that one, the kit sold out overnight, I saw it available last night but wanted to think about it so of course when I made my mind up, it was sold out but, at least I still got a really good deal on it. Especially using the ValuePay option at $41 a month. Cant beat it!
Congratulations. I don't think that the Q will be around long enough in the US to go lower than its current price. Sorry about the white selling out, I know how you feel about loosing an opportunity by taking time to think about it. You could always look at the skins that they make for the Q to change up its appearance from the basic black.
12-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #55

I wish that ShopNBC would offer the Q with the 01 Prime at that price, so I could get that lens *and* have a spare body. I'll keep hoping. Christmas is still over a week away.
12-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #56
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by yellowruby Quote
I wish that ShopNBC would offer the Q with the 01 Prime at that price, so I could get that lens *and* have a spare body. I'll keep hoping. Christmas is still over a week away.
The prime kit is discontinued. Not sure where Pentax is going with this, but the zoom is technically worth more!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #57
Site Supporter

It might be worth more, but having both lenses, I prefer the 01 Prime.
12-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by miltona580 Quote
It might be worth more, but having both lenses, I prefer the 01 Prime.
He did say "technically"

I agree, the 01 Prime is a gem.
12-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #59

Ordered the Q off of HSN, although would like both the 01 prime and the 02 lenses but at the price HSN is selling it for I cannot complain even if Pentax never officially offers the prime separately.

Is the SD card that ships from HSN good enough to check out the Q with? I realize it is too slow for video but hoping that it will be okay for initially playing with the camera then buying a faster card off newegg or ? next month.

Edit: shopnbc, not hsn

Last edited by flylow7f39; 12-20-2012 at 10:04 AM.
12-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #60
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by flylow7f39 Quote
Ordered the Q off of HSN, although would like both the 01 prime and the 02 lenses but at the price HSN is selling it for I cannot complain even if Pentax never officially offers the prime separately.

Is the SD card that ships from HSN good enough to check out the Q with? I realize it is too slow for video but hoping that it will be okay for initially playing with the camera then buying a faster card off newegg or ? next month.
If you mean ShopNBC then the card that comes in the box did not work in my Q. I use SanDisk Extreme IIIs and they work like a charm.