Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

3-year extended warranty reminder!
Posted By: Adam, 11-26-2012, 01:45 PM

If you bought a new K-5/II/IIs, K-01, or K-30 in the US this weekend, don't forget to add the $19.95 3-year warranty. You can buy the warranty anywhere, regardless of where you bought the camera, as long as it's within 30 days of your purchase.

Views: 6,671
01-31-2013, 05:46 PM   #46
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I received the extended warranty for my K-5 IIs. However, the picture on the card looks a bit different than what is on the top of this page and it does not say K Series. It reads: Pentax A Ricoh Company - Interchangeable Lens Camera Extended Warranty. The item number is 80227. Is this the newer version of the warranty card?

02-27-2013, 05:33 AM   #47
Veteran Member

I was just about to get this for my Amazon (new, not marketplace) purchase Feb 5, but went to the Pentax website to verify Amazon is authorized, and they aren't listed. I saw Adam posted in a previous thread from a long time ago, that they would be covered as long as not ebay or grey market. I just want to verify nothing has changed before I purchase it.
02-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Adam. Sorry to need so much handholding..
Is it safe to get this ext warranty on a new k01 purchase where amazon was the seller?
Thank you!!!!!!
02-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #49
Pentaxian

PBandJ-- not sure where in the DC metro area you are located, but if you live in Virginia, please know that the extended warranty is not honored due to Virginia state laws. That's why I've never bought the extended warranty on any of my Pentax stuff.

03-01-2013, 12:18 AM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
PBandJ-- not sure where in the DC metro area you are located, but if you live in Virginia, please know that the extended warranty is not honored due to Virginia state laws. That's why I've never bought the extended warranty on any of my
Thanks, not in Va

Last edited by PBandJ; 03-01-2013 at 08:26 AM.
04-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #51
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
PBandJ-- not sure where in the DC metro area you are located, but if you live in Virginia, please know that the extended warranty is not honored due to Virginia state laws. That's why I've never bought the extended warranty on any of my Pentax stuff.
Do you know what kinds of laws prevent the warranty from being honored? I've seen disclaimers like this a lot, but never really understood why.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-08-2013, 06:54 AM   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Do you know what kinds of laws prevent the warranty from being honored? I've seen disclaimers like this a lot, but never really understood why.
There was a thread a while back on the Ask B&H forum, and Chuck gave an answer about Florida's law. I assume it's similar to Virginia's state law.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/ask-b-h-photo/167233-extended-warranty-question.html

"The issue has to due with Sales Taxes and laws regarding contracts. Long story short, we cannot sell a service plan to a resident of in you case Florida."
04-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #53

QuoteOriginally posted by PBandJ Quote
I was just about to get this for my Amazon (new, not marketplace) purchase Feb 5, but went to the Pentax website to verify Amazon is authorized, and they aren't listed. I saw Adam posted in a previous thread from a long time ago, that they would be covered as long as not ebay or grey market. I just want to verify nothing has changed before I purchase it.
I just got my K5 from amazon, but they were only fulfilling an order for Beach Camera, who is authorized, so I will purchase this. Thanks.

04-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter

There was a thread a while back on the Ask B&H forum, and Chuck gave an answer about Florida's law. I assume it's similar to Virginia's state law.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/ask-b-h-photo/167233-extended-warranty-question.html

"The issue has to due with Sales Taxes and laws regarding contracts. Long story short, we cannot sell a service plan to a resident of in you case Florida."
what if you buy in va but it is a gift for someone outside of va...or if i get someone to buy in another state and ship to va?
04-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #55
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
what if you buy in va but it is a gift for someone outside of va...or if i get someone to buy in another state and ship to va?
Can't buy it in VA, and can't have someone buy it in another state to give to you (non-transferrable)

See this thread:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/ask-b-h-photo/206336-k-5-iis-extended-war...ilable-va.html
04-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter

Can't buy it in VA, and can't have someone buy it in another state to give to you (non-transferrable)

See this thread:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/ask-b-h-photo/206336-k-5-iis-extended-war...ilable-va.html
thanks...va @#$%
04-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #57
Veteran Member

Just spoke with Pentax CS and was told that the receipts for your camera and for the extended warranty all all that is necessary for service. I was concerned because there was no warranty card in the box. I purchased my camera at Amazon from "Emmy Photo" and when I didn't find a card in the box instantly thought, "grey market". The rep said the lack of a warranty card is no such indication and all was well so I purchased the extended warranty from B&H.

And there was much rejoicing.
04-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
Just spoke with Pentax CS and was told that the receipts for your camera and for the extended warranty all all that is necessary for service. I was concerned because there was no warranty card in the box. I purchased my camera at Amazon from "Emmy Photo" and when I didn't find a card in the box instantly thought, "grey market". The rep said the lack of a warranty card is no such indication and all was well so I purchased the extended warranty from B&H.

And there was much rejoicing.
I've never seen a "warranty" card in any new Pentax items.
04-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
At least, the past 5 Pentax items I've bought new came with a rosa/white warranty card in the box, duly stamped & dated by the vendor. This was not in the US, though, regional differences?
04-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #60
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
The last Warranty Card I've seen came in the box with a NOS MX I just bought and its matching NOS MX Winder. The card is indeed pink but not stamped. Pretty cool find, but the bumoer foam and door seals are goo. Even the little patch in the winder.

Off to Eric.