Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

3-year extended warranty reminder!
Posted By: Adam, 11-26-2012, 01:45 PM

If you bought a new K-5/II/IIs, K-01, or K-30 in the US this weekend, don't forget to add the $19.95 3-year warranty. You can buy the warranty anywhere, regardless of where you bought the camera, as long as it's within 30 days of your purchase.

Views: 6,541
04-13-2013, 02:32 AM   #61
Loyal Site Supporter

Not valid in Florida it says under Features. Oh well I guess that takes care of that.

04-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #62

I live in Maryland but had my K-01 shipped to my work address in Virginia so does that mean I can't buy extended warranty since it was shipped to Virginia? or does it follow my residence as indicated on warranty card?
04-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
At least, the past 5 Pentax items I've bought new came with a rosa/white warranty card in the box, duly stamped & dated by the vendor. This was not in the US, though, regional differences?
Yes. Some countries require a warranty card/folder/handout be packaged with the item sold. That is not the case in the US. We get a little white card with the model and serial number on it for our records and I believe that the warranty specifics are printed in the manual with the cameras. For my K-5 the Warranty Policy starts on page 373 of the manual.
04-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by katiedaddy Quote
I live in Maryland but had my K-01 shipped to my work address in Virginia so does that mean I can't buy extended warranty since it was shipped to Virginia? or does it follow my residence as indicated on warranty card?
don't know for sure, but I would assume it follows your residence, not where you had the camera shipped to. you should call B&H and ask.

Note that the B&H webpage for the extended warranty says: "This item cannot be shipped to Virginia."

So, can you have at least the extended warranty be sent to your MD home?

04-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #65

What I was told is it can not be sold in florida. Meaning Florida based shop can not sell extended warranties. But If you stay in florida and bought camera and warranty from Adorama, warranty is valid for extended 2 years.

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Not valid in Florida it says under Features. Oh well I guess that takes care of that.
05-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #66

Hi folks, I recently purchases a K5 iis from overstock.com. No receipt/invoice came with the package. Is a printout of the order details that contain date, shipping address, product description, and price sufficient? Thank in advance.
05-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #67
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by caffix Quote
Hi folks, I recently purchases a K5 iis from overstock.com. No receipt/invoice came with the package. Is a printout of the order details that contain date, shipping address, product description, and price sufficient? Thank in advance.
It should be along with the receipt and document for the extended warranty purchased within 30 days.