Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread

3-year extended warranty reminder!
Posted By: Adam, 11-26-2012, 01:45 PM

If you bought a new K-5/II/IIs, K-01, or K-30 in the US this weekend, don't forget to add the $19.95 3-year warranty. You can buy the warranty anywhere, regardless of where you bought the camera, as long as it's within 30 days of your purchase.

Views: 8,464
11-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If you bought a new K-5/II/IIs, K-01, or K-30 in the US this weekend, don't forget to add the $19.95 3-year warranty. You can buy the warranty anywhere, regardless of where you bought the camera, as long as it's within 30 days of your purchase.

Adam,

I took the plunge on purchasing my K-5 (still waiting on receiving it) without having visited this forum. Since finding this site, I've saved a few hundred bucks on a genuine Pentax warranty (not Square Trade) and a lens via the marketplace. So many kudos!

11-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #17

B&H is showing sold out. Adorama still has the warranties "in stock." Picked one up today!
11-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aksansai Quote
For those who are concerned about purchasing the warranty and their new K cameras have yet to ship ---

Since I purchased my K-5 on 23 Nov and the warranty on 27 Nov, the two receipts showing that I purchased the warranty within 30 days of 23 Nov would suffice when they solicit the documents showing that the camera is still in warranty service at the time of service. Just wanted to embolden what Docrwm had already said.
Thanks. This is an issue every time a new body is released. I usually post something but in the Black Friday craziness forgot. The $19 2-year US extended warranty is a great deal and if I had my way it would be built into the purchase of each body and just have it done without needing to remember to buy it separately.
12-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #19

Reading the extended warranty, it says a free inspection is included at any time during the 3 year period. A couple of posts on here says a cleaning is also included. I didn't see that on the warranty. Can anyone confirm if a cleaning is part of the inspection?

12-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gregor Quote
Reading the extended warranty, it says a free inspection is included at any time during the 3 year period. A couple of posts on here says a cleaning is also included. I didn't see that on the warranty. Can anyone confirm if a cleaning is part of the inspection?
A free cleaning is included with the inspection, but you do have to pay for the shipping AFAIK.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #21

Just want you to know that B&H kind of sucks with this extended warranty purchase. They issued the warranty under the name of the paypal account (which seems to be the only way to buy) even though you purchase under a different name (you have to enter your name to go through the checkout). I'm going around and around with them about this and getting nowhere. Next time, I'll just purchase from Adorama.
12-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #22

Funny thing happened on the 16 (day after my post), I got an RMA number via email. Yay!

12-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #23
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Is this a limited time price (or standard)... - purchase for backordered camera

Family's introduction to Pentax cameras was thru a used K20 off craigslist. Just added a K-01 thru the Amazon deal listed in here - but they said it is out of stock (as discussed on the forum - I knew before ordering).

My question is - must the warantee be purchased within 30 days AFTER the camera ships, or can I purchase now before the camera ships? Is this the standard price for the 2 year extention (if so, I can wait till notified), or is this a limited time offer, which I need to get before it goes away?

- Thanks
12-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by phillydad Quote
Family's introduction to Pentax cameras was thru a used K20 off craigslist. Just added a K-01 thru the Amazon deal listed in here - but they said it is out of stock (as discussed on the forum - I knew before ordering).

My question is - must the warantee be purchased within 30 days AFTER the camera ships, or can I purchase now before the camera ships? Is this the standard price for the 2 year extention (if so, I can wait till notified), or is this a limited time offer, which I need to get before it goes away?

- Thanks
Date of Invoice is what they go by, I'd ask them to ship them together. $19 is the standard price from anyone OTHER THAN Pentax USA (they sell it for $99).
12-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The thing that I still don't fully understand is this "NOT VALID IN FLORIDA. THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA OR WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW."...

Is it not valid for VA residents? I'm buying it from a different state(from adorma in NY), does this apply to me? why???
12-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kaiserz Quote
The thing that I still don't fully understand is this "NOT VALID IN FLORIDA. THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA OR WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW."...

Is it not valid for VA residents? I'm buying it from a different state(from adorma in NY), does this apply to me? why???
Thank your State Legislature, they're "protecting" you from scam extended warranties.
12-30-2012, 12:16 AM   #27

Guys - i recently placed order on K-01 from groupon - will this warranty be useful?
or any restriction on groupon sales?
12-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Thank your State Legislature, they're "protecting" you from scam extended warranties.
If I have someone get it for me from a different state would that affect anything?
01-19-2013, 04:41 AM   #29
Veteran Member

I guess this doesn't apply if you buy from Amazon marketplace? Does anyone know of 3d party (other than squaretrade?)
01-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PBandJ Quote
I guess this doesn't apply if you buy from Amazon marketplace? Does anyone know of 3d party (other than squaretrade?)
Good question. I bought a K5II this week off Amazon as well, $100 cheaper than B&H. Didn't hear about this extended warranty offer until just now... I read the info from B&H site for the warranty, and it says the purchase must be from an "authorized Pentax dealer". Those sound like the key words, and I wonder if an Amazon seller is excluded. (In this case it was a place called "Emmy Photo".)