Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Scott Kelby's Digital Photography 4 Volume Boxed Set (ebook) - $14.40
Posted By: wasser, 11-26-2012, 01:48 PM

Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Boxed Set, Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4 is currently on sale at the Google Play store for $14.40. Looking around it appears this usually runs about $50-60 for digital or paper copies.
Views: 3,676
11-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Just to be clear - these are digital form only, not hard copies. Still a good price if digital is your thing.
11-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice find. 2 of them are really good IMHO, one is ok, and the other ...well at that price you get all 4 and its pretty cheap.
11-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Maybe I am missing it, but I don't see the title of the 4 books anywhere on the linked page. It says "boxed set" (I know it's only download) but I was curious to read what the 4 books are....If there are Photoshop books they wouldn't do me any good.

11-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Try this Stan, click on Preview under where it says what it costs.
11-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Try this Stan, click on Preview under where it says what it costs.
Got it - thanks! If I was on my tablet I would have noticed that Preview button right away! Off to read the preview.
11-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

You're welcome. What tablet do you have?

11-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #8

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by wasser Quote
Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Boxed Set, Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4 is currently on sale at the Google Play store for $14.40. Looking around it appears this usually runs about $50-60 for digital or paper copies.
Awesome works for Canada too $14.40cdn!
11-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
You're welcome. What tablet do you have?
Toshiba Thrive. I don't use it all that much - bought it since it has an integral SD card slot for viewing/downloading images on the go. And...I love to read, and told myself that I would never be able to give up the regular "book" - the feel, the smell, etc. Well....I stand corrected - now that I have to wear glasses, I have a hard time reading - the tablet has been a wondrous device for me with the adjustable font size and back light - I can read again!

I noticed that Amazon has the same deal on this set in Kindle version - great since I usually use my Kindle app on the Thrive.

So far I read through the table of contents. Doc is probably right on with his analysis. Looks like there will be some things I know (or think I know...) and some things I am wanting to learn more about.

Edit to add: just ordered it for my tablet - this will be nice on those cold winter days when I can't get outside to shoot to at least be able to read and learn some more.

Last edited by stormtech; 11-26-2012 at 04:52 PM.
11-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #10

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Toshiba Thrive. I don't use it all that much - bought it since it has an integral SD card slot for viewing/downloading images on the go. And...I love to read, and told myself that I would never be able to give up the regular "book" - the feel, the smell, etc. Well....I stand corrected - now that I have to wear glasses, I have a hard time reading - the tablet has been a wondrous device for me with the adjustable font size and back light - I can read again!

I noticed that Amazon has the same deal on this set in Kindle version - great since I usually use my Kindle app on the Thrive.

So far I read through the table of contents. Doc is probably right on with his analysis. Looks like there will be some things I know (or think I know...) and some things I am wanting to learn more about.
Must be a region thing as I would have preferred Kindle over Google, but when I searched the Kindle store, the price for the full set was over $50. Since I almost paid more the $14.40 for one paper volume I still happy with a google version.
11-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote

Edit to add: just ordered it for my tablet - this will be nice on those cold winter days when I can't get outside to shoot to at least be able to read and learn some more.
Stan,
I like Kelby and learned some useful things from his books. His "sense oh humor" takes some getting used to but all-in-all I think it was a well spent $14. I run Nook and Kindle on my tablet so I can pay the least for each book.
11-27-2012, 02:18 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I can't work out how to download it. Do I need an Android device? I have an iPad.
11-27-2012, 03:54 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Why not spend more money for his web school class.one year and plus photoshop layer amazing magazine all online with any computer or tablet devices
It's better as set 4 books.
11-27-2012, 05:12 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
I can't work out how to download it. Do I need an Android device? I have an iPad.
I bought mine from amazon for the same price and it asked if I wanted it on my iPad.
11-27-2012, 06:14 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
If you use the Amazon link below - you would need to first download the free Kindle reader for your ipad.

Free Kindle Apps - Read eBooks on your Phone, Tablet, or Computer

Then once you have it installed and registered with Amazon, when you browse Kindle books, you will see on the top right of each page of a book a link to buy the book and send it instantly to your ipad.

Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Boxed Set, Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4: Scott Kelby: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

With the link above you can also download it to read on your PC also.

The price is still $14.40.