Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Canvas on Demand 16x20 - $29
Posted By: Docrwm, 11-27-2012, 07:35 PM

I ordered a tri-panel of a photo that my daughter took as a present for my wife for our anniversary. It came in today and its perfect. Very nice framing, good quality, packaged very well.

Coincidentally, I also got a Groupon for a 16x20 single panel today as well. That's about $60 off the regular price.

Gallery Wrapped Canvases by Canvas on Demand Deal of the Day | Groupon Abilene, TX

You can order 2 for $49, which is of course a better deal if you need 2, and they do not have to be the same photograph.
Views: 1,586
11-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Doc, they stated on their website that they:
"After uploading the desired print, image touchup experts make complimentary fixes, such as improving sharpness, balancing and enhancing the color, fine-tuning contrast, and removing suspiciously red eyes".

How much did they doctor your original?

Thanks
11-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Awesome Doc - with your experience with Groupon, could I expect delivery by Christmas?
11-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Corto-PA Quote
Doc, they stated on their website that they:
"After uploading the desired print, image touchup experts make complimentary fixes, such as improving sharpness, balancing and enhancing the color, fine-tuning contrast, and removing suspiciously red eyes".

How much did they doctor your original?

Thanks
They did not. That is an extra fee from what I saw as I went through the upload and checkout process. I don't have a way to genuinely compare the color from the canvas to the monitor but it doesn't look altered in any way to my eye. My wife was thrilled with it and is now in the process of looking at them at the base of various walls trying to decide what I will have to move in order for them to go up.

11-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Awesome Doc - with your experience with Groupon, could I expect delivery by Christmas?
Stan,

They promised it on this order. They have a box at checkout that says "Need Order by Christmas" or some such. I checked it and the page came back with a statement that my order would be delivered by Christmas. This three-panel that I just got was ordered ~2 weeks ago just FYI. The hardware looks good on these too BTW.
11-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Stan,

They promised it on this order. They have a box at checkout that says "Need Order by Christmas" or some such. I checked it and the page came back with a statement that my order would be delivered by Christmas. This three-panel that I just got was ordered ~2 weeks ago just FYI. The hardware looks good on these too BTW.
Thanks for the info Doc - now to dig around to choose the images I want - the hardest part for me!
11-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Thanks for the info Doc - now to dig around to choose the images I want - the hardest part for me!
Don't I know it. Mine was easy because my wife, her mother, and my daughter took a trip and my daughter took a wonderful closeup of 2 pink flowers (don't ask me what kind). Well, the three panels reminded my wife that the 3 of them took the trip together and the photo having been taken by our daughter made it extra special. The 16x20 I ordered for my office is a photo I took of a bowl of rocks, if you can believe it.

11-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #8
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Does anyone know how Groupon works? Never used it. You buy the two canvases from Groupon, and then they give you some kind of code to redeem at the website that prints these?
11-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Does anyone know how Groupon works? Never used it. You buy the two canvases from Groupon, and then they give you some kind of code to redeem at the website that prints these?
I've done about half-a-dozen and you pay Groupon the fee via PP or credit card and get a certificate either electronically to a device or as a PDF attachment to an email. They also are stored in your account so you can print other copies out later if need be. The Groupon has a number on it and you enter that at check out and the supplier. You have to be a little careful because the Groupon is for X, not Y or X+Y and if you do not order specifically what you paid for you can incur additional charges. However, when I have ordered precisely what the Groupon specified I have not had any problem at all with any of the 6 or so.
11-29-2012, 06:59 AM   #10
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Thanks for the info. So, you buy on groupon, then go the actual site that makes the canvases to upload your photos? Or is everything done on the Groupon site?
11-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Thanks for the info. So, you buy on groupon, then go the actual site that makes the canvases to upload your photos? Or is everything done on the Groupon site?
1- Buy Groupon
2 - Get certificate from Groupon
3 - Go to Canvas website
4 - select service - 16x20 canvas print
5 - upload picture (Tiff works best IMHO)
6 - go to checkout
7 - enter Groupon code
8 - get $0 balance and click ship item
9 - wait for item to arrive
10 - hang canvas and enjoy