Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  
Pentax Pentax 15mm F4 - $539 **PF EXCLUSIVE DEAL**
Posted By: Adam, 11-28-2012, 03:50 PM

While I wasn't able to get any special discounts on FA lenses, Adorama is now offering the 15mm F4 for just $539 (Black Friday pricing) as a "thank you" to PF members for shopping there last week.
Consider this a special deal for PF members

Pentax SMCP-DA 15mm F/4 ED AL Lens for DSLR, USA 21800

The lower price will be shown in-cart only. Special price: $539.95 regular price $646.95 (save $110!)


Views: 4,578
11-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #16
Pentaxian
MegaPower's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hong Kong / Irvine, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 561
Very tempting to buy one!!
Want to do now, when is the last day?

11-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #17
Junior Member
Chunlei's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chicago IL
Photos: Albums
Posts: 35
Got one today, feel guilty.

Have a good night.
11-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #18
Veteran Member
Ecaterin's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 723
Dayum, Adam! You're the man
11-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #19
Veteran Member
steve1307's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,128
Interestingly some lenses are still coming up with a discount when placed in the cart with no other indication.
It's like a lucky dip placing various lenses into the cart.

DA15 goes from 646.95 down to 539.95

notably the DA*200 goes from 1196.95 down to 969.00

versatile 18-135 goes from 526.95 down a little to 499


the DA* zooms suddenly lost their price appeal "your final price is ... "

11-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 40,949
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by steve1307 Quote
Interestingly some lenses are still coming up with a discount when placed in the cart with no other indication. It's like a lucky dip placing various lenses into the cart. DA15 goes from 646.95 down to 539.95 notably the DA*200 goes from 1196.95 down to 969.00 versatile 18-135 goes from 526.95 down a little to 499 the DA* zooms suddenly lost their price appeal "your final price is ... "
Adorama must have realized how nice it was to finally sell some Pentax lenses for a change

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #21
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Adorama must have realized how nice it was to finally sell some Pentax lenses for a change
Like I said, they seem to be smarter than Pentax and realize that 3% profit on 200 sales is far better than 200% profit on 0 sales. MAP is an abomination and has been from day 1.
11-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #22
LBo
New Member
LBo's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10
As steve1307 mentioned, there are some other hidden, cart-only prices available on Adorama...

Pentax SMCP-DA 70mm f/2.4 ED Limited
List price $699; add to cart price drops to $549
Pentax SMCP-DA 70mm f/2.4 ED Lens Limited Edition -Black #21620 21620

Pentax SMCP-DA 21mm f/3.2 AL
List price $649; add to cart price drops to $539
Pentax SMCP-DA 21mm f3.2 AL Wide Angle AF Lens Black #21590 Limited Edition 21590

These are great deals. Thanks Adam for posting the PF exclusive deal on the 15mm f/4 Limited... that's what led me to start poking around on Adorama this evening. In fact, I almost pulled the trigger on the DA 35 f/2.8 Macro Limited (which I posted earlier; Adorama list $699, cart price $529), but common sense --thankfully-- overruled my desires for yet another Pentax-fever induced spending spree... I already snagged a Pentax K-5 II (for $1029) and a DA 50-135mm f/2.8 (for $674, booyah!) on B&H late Monday night (so late, that it was technically Cyber Tuesday, ha). As much as I'd love to pick up a prime Limited, alas, the madness must end.

K-5 II and 50-135 should be here tomorrow. I can't wait!
11-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 40,949
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LBo Quote
As steve1307 mentioned, there are some other hidden, cart-only prices available on Adorama...

Pentax SMCP-DA 70mm f/2.4 ED Limited
List price $699; add to cart price drops to $549
Pentax SMCP-DA 70mm f/2.4 ED Lens Limited Edition -Black #21620 21620

Pentax SMCP-DA 21mm f/3.2 AL
List price $649; add to cart price drops to $539
Pentax SMCP-DA 21mm f3.2 AL Wide Angle AF Lens Black #21590 Limited Edition 21590

These are great deals. Thanks Adam for posting the PF exclusive deal on the 15mm f/4 Limited... that's what led me to start poking around on Adorama this evening. In fact, I almost pulled the trigger on the DA 35 f/2.8 Macro Limited (which I posted earlier; Adorama list $699, cart price $529), but common sense --thankfully-- overruled my desires for yet another Pentax-fever induced spending spree... I already snagged a Pentax K-5 II (for $1029) and a DA 50-135mm f/2.8 (for $674, booyah!) on B&H late Monday night (so late, that it was technically Cyber Tuesday, ha). As much as I'd love to pick up a prime Limited, alas, the madness must end.

K-5 II and 50-135 should be here tomorrow. I can't wait!
Nice finds! I'll post them on the homepage on Monday if they're still around then!


Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-17-2013, 01:19 AM   #24
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 40,949
Original Poster
Up to the top, this deal is still on!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #25
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Ohio (formerly SF Bay Area)
Posts: 1,464
This a really nice deal.

It's my favorite lens, and I'm pretty sure I paid a bit more for mine, back during the pre-MAP days!
01-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
pbancr's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CT USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,073
QuoteOriginally posted by miltona580 Quote
This is awesome, but very hurting to my wallet ;-)
Ditto! Thank you Adam..I think!
01-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #27
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 141
Perhaps I'm crazy but I'm pretty sure Adorama has been doing this for a while. Its just that many of the lenses (but not all) are usually out of stock. I actually posted a deal at Office Max for this lens a few weeks ago that was $2 cheaper, came with a free (but ugly) bag, and free 2nd day shipping but it got little attention.
01-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #28
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 127
Deal is still on! Another week or so and I WILL have one!
01-27-2013, 01:51 PM   #29
Veteran Member
NitroDC's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 342
I got mine through this deal. I actually wouldn't have been able to get one if I hadn't come upon this thread.
02-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #30
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 127
Just wanted to bump this back to the top. I FINALLY was able to order one today and the deal still stands.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
f4, pentax, pentax deals, pf, price
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
15% off ANY Topaz Post-Processing Plugin - Exclusive PF Coupon Code! Adam Pentax Price Watch 6 6 Days Ago 04:58 AM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax PF-80ed scope + PF-CA35 camera adapter crewl1 Sold Items 4 06-04-2012 03:34 PM
For Sale - Sold: PENTAX SMC DA 15mm F4 Ltd liyaoz512 Sold Items 3 05-21-2012 12:30 PM
Pentax DA 15mm F4 ltd or DA 12-24mm F4 AL ledusin Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 7 04-16-2011 02:07 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:10 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top