Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
K-01 for $316 with 40XS at Amazon is back!! $399 Now.
Posted By: Docrwm, 12-28-2012, 05:51 AM

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Pentax K-01 16MP APS-C CMOS Compact System Camera Kit with DA 40mm Lens (Yellow)

You must go to the additional sellers page and go to the Amazon.com offering. They are out of stock but taking orders at that price. Nladt tome this happened the price didn't ladt long, but Amazon honored the sales.

Down to $314.95 as of 1/8/13

$399 now 1/18/13

Attached Images
 


Last edited by Docrwm; 01-18-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Views: 22,106
01-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #106
Forum Member
lgt525's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Photos: Albums
Posts: 89
I just cancelled my 40 mm limited prime lens order with Adorama and ordered this instead. I am looking for a smaller camera to go with my new k-30 and want to be able to share lenses with both cameras. This deal is too good to pass up! I think this 40mm lens will be fine for me.

01-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #107
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Saint Paul
Posts: 304
From what I read, more or less K-01 is like K30 minus optical view finder and phase-detection auto focusing.
I ordered one too. Not sure how the yellow one is going look.
There are other sellers selling black one with 40mm under $400.
01-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #108
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Saint Paul
Posts: 304
QuoteOriginally posted by laolao Quote
Already have a k-01. really tempting to order another one for my parents. The video quality is just awesome.
Have you used manual focusing while recording video? I am wondering how hard it would be to use manual focus while recording video. I wish Pentax comes with flip LCDs.
01-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #109
Forum Member
lgt525's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Photos: Albums
Posts: 89
QuoteOriginally posted by TropicalMonkey Quote
From what I read, more or less K-01 is like K30 minus optical view finder and phase-detection auto focusing.
I ordered one too. Not sure how the yellow one is going look.
There are other sellers selling black one with 40mm under $400.
I think the yellow one is going to look ridiculous, but I don't care . I am willing to put my vanity aside for $85 more dollars towards another lens.

01-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #110
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lgt525 Quote
I think the yellow one is going to look ridiculous, but I don't care . I am willing to put my vanity aside for $85 more dollars towards another lens.
I thought so too and made the same decision. I am finding that it puts people at ease, compared to a "Pro" looking all black camera. My hands hide most of the yellow when I'm using it anyway
01-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #111
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Saint Paul
Posts: 304
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I thought so too and made the same decision. I am finding that it puts people at ease, compared to a "Pro" looking all black camera. My hands hide most of the yellow when I'm using it anyway
That is a good point. I am not a Pro and don't care to look like an amateur either! With a yellow camera you can shoot like Sony depicted people like me in their SLR photography video, even though I am much better at it than they think.
01-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #112
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2009
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 2,869
QuoteOriginally posted by TropicalMonkey Quote
From what I read, more or less K-01 is like K30 minus optical view finder and phase-detection auto focusing.
I ordered one too. Not sure how the yellow one is going look.
There are other sellers selling black one with 40mm under $400.
I don't have mine yet but I've seen it - the yellow is much more subdued than marketing images show, more like a fresh banana yellow than a highlighter yellow.
01-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #113
Forum Member
lgt525's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Photos: Albums
Posts: 89
QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
I don't have mine yet but I've seen it - the yellow is much more subdued than marketing images show, more like a fresh banana yellow than a highlighter yellow.
It's great to know that the camera is not as yellow as the picture in this thread. That bright yellow makes the camera look like a toy for toddlers.

Just one of the downsides of buying a brand that is basically only available online to many of us. No chance to see the color in person. (Although at this great deal I would have bought no matter how garish a yellow the color is. )


Last edited by lgt525; 01-11-2013 at 08:05 PM.
01-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #114
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lgt525 Quote
It's great to know that the camera is not as yellow as the picture in this thread. That bright yellow makes the camera look like a toy for toddlers.

Just one of one of the downsides of buying a brand that is basically only available online to many of us. No chance to see the color in person. (Although at this great deal I would have bought no matter how garish a yellow the color is. )
It's the first camera, other than a slim P&S, that my wife has expressed any interest in at all. My daughter keeps asking "But why is it Yellow?!?" I keep telling her its the fun camera.
01-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #115
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2009
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 2,869
QuoteOriginally posted by lgt525 Quote
It's great to know that the camera is not as yellow as the picture in this thread. That bright yellow makes the camera look like a toy for toddlers.

Just one of one of the downsides of buying a brand that is basically only available online to many of us. No chance to see the color in person. (Although at this great deal I would have bought no matter how garish a yellow the color is. )
Yeah I saw it at the walker art museum in their museum shop on 12/30 (2 days after I already ordered mine!). Definitely liking it a lot more in person. I did have a chuckle at their asking price, $899.
01-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #116
Forum Member
lgt525's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Photos: Albums
Posts: 89
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
It's the first camera, other than a slim P&S, that my wife has expressed any interest in at all. My daughter keeps asking "But why is it Yellow?!?" I keep telling her its the fun camera.


Getting the 40 mm XS that I can use with both my K-30 and the K-01 IS the "Fun" Camera!
01-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #117
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lgt525 Quote


Getting the 40 mm XS that I can use with both my K-30 and the K-01 IS the "Fun" Camera!
I already had the 40 Limited so I decided, after looking at them both, that I did not need 2 40mm DA lenses and sold the XS to recoup some of the outrageous cost of the K-01!
01-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #118
Forum Member
lgt525's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Photos: Albums
Posts: 89
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I already had the 40 Limited so I decided, after looking at them both, that I did not need 2 40mm DA lenses and sold the XS to recoup some of the outrageous cost of the K-01!
Wow, so you really got an amazing deal on the K-01! Great job!
01-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #119
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lgt525 Quote
Wow, so you really got an amazing deal on the K-01! Great job!
After fees and all were taken care of it cost me $152
01-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #120
Veteran Member
bossa's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 4,546
QuoteOriginally posted by Piscator Quote
Did anyone else see this comparison (Pentax K-01 vs Fuji X-100) and find it fishy?
Fujifilm X100 vs Pentax K-01 - Our Analysis
I say "fishy" because the "pros" of the Fuji are few (3), and arguably insignificant (ex: viewfinder saves battery life) the "pros" of the Pentax are many (15), and pretty darned significant (better IQ for instance...duh!).
Anyway, I waffled on the K-01 but finally bit. Mine is supposed to arrive sometime between late Jan and late Feb.
Comparisons like this leave me speechless. According to their side-by-side comparison the K-01 was better at every listed feature and yet it 'lost'. It doesn't add up.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
amazon, amazon.com, k-01, pentax deals, price
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KA-01 + 40mm XS for $316 - Amazon yusuf Pentax K-01 50 01-15-2013 10:10 PM
Pentax K-01: $316.95 with free shipping ($30 off) Adam Pentax Price Watch 55 12-02-2012 03:33 PM
K-01 + 40xs for $500? kaiserz Pentax K-01 5 09-22-2012 09:43 AM
K-01 w 40XS @ Amazon Warehouse for $491 Docrwm Pentax Price Watch 0 09-03-2012 07:27 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:11 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top