Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Pentax Q + 01 Prime Standard Lens Kit $199.99 + free s/h
Posted By: systemA, 12-30-2012, 04:15 AM

Following the groupon for the K-01 kit for $299 a few days ago, the Pentax Q kit with the 01 prime lens is available at groupon for $199.99:

Pentax Q Camera Kit with Standard Lens Deal of the Day | Groupon

Was going to wait for another K-01 deal but I didn't want to pass this one up!
Views: 5,961
01-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Did they send an update email or did it just show up?

They sure were prompt in charging my card...

Edit: Just got a shipping confirmation email!

Last edited by ryan s; 01-11-2013 at 01:39 PM.
01-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #32

Photos: Albums
ouch... still haven't received email confirmation regarding to shipping...
01-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #33
Pentaxian

I was about 350th to take advantage of this deal and I received the email confirmation on Friday though the tracking number still shows no record.
01-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
I was about 350th to take advantage of this deal and I received the email confirmation on Friday though the tracking number still shows no record.
Excanonfd,

I was I the same boat until 1 hr ago when the FedEx website finally got updated tat it shipped from Ohio. My estimated delivery is for Wednesday. I would expect yours should update today as well.

01-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Well, this Canadian is out of luck. Just got an email that my order was cancelled , and refunded as they don't ship to Canada. Too bad. If anyone who got this deal is having second thoughts.....and is interested in sending it to a long time member in the Great White North, please PM me.

Edit: Gaahh!!! They didn't refund my credit card....they gave me a stupid account credit for $199!! Now I'm concered......

Last edited by WiseOx; 01-14-2013 at 11:50 AM.
01-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveInPA Quote
Excanonfd,

I was I the same boat until 1 hr ago when the FedEx website finally got updated tat it shipped from Ohio. My estimated delivery is for Wednesday. I would expect yours should update today as well.
FedEx website got updated early this morning - shipped out of Ohio, estimated delivery date to Point Roberts, WA., January 22.

QuoteOriginally posted by WiseOx Quote
Well, this Canadian is out of luck. Just got an email that my order was cancelled , and refunded as they don't ship to Canada. Too bad. If anyone who got this deal is having second thoughts.....and is interested in sending it to a long time member in the Great White North, please PM me.

Edit: Gaahh!!! They didn't refund my credit card....they gave me a stupid account credit for $199!! Now I'm concered......
I was wondering how the orders with Canadian shipping addresses would fare, apparently not too well. I thought the order would be cancelled, hence I had mine shipped to TSB shipping service in Point Roberts, WA. Hopefully, insisting on a refund might make Groupon relent...
01-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #37
Veteran Member

I sent a follow up email requesting a credit card refund earlier this afternoon and they replied a couple hours later that the full refund was processed. I'm alright with that.....nothing ventured, nothing gained. I do plan on still buying one of these someday. I played with one at a Henry's location shortly after it was released, and it's a nice bit of kit. My first foray into Pentax, was my first digital camera, the Optio S. I loved the looks on peoples faces, when I would pop open the Altoids tin, and take out that camera. I still have it.
01-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #38
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WiseOx Quote
My first foray into Pentax, was my first digital camera, the Optio S. I loved the looks on peoples faces, when I would pop open the Altoids tin, and take out that camera. I still have it.
Funny, it was the same for me except it was my friends camera that I would borrow. I ended up buying an optio A series because I like his so much and then a DSLR and a lens and another lens and ........ so on.

01-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #39
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Just got mine (and the Fotodiox K to Q adapter). Wow, this thing is silly small yet feels so quality!
01-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Just got mine (and the Fotodiox K to Q adapter). Wow, this thing is silly small yet feels so quality!
Congratulations. Thanks for keeping everyone informed on the status of the shipping. Enjoy your new, small, toy.