Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

DO NOT BUY Pentax 40mm F2.8 from Overstock.com
Posted By: 1812, 01-04-2013, 07:01 AM

REVISED 1-23-2013

Do not buy the Pentax 40mm lens from overstock.com

They have the wrong picture and description.

The overstock.coms lens is the 40mm XS, not the 40mm Limited

By now, I as well as several others have mistakenly bought this lens from overstock and obtained refunds. They originally described the lens as the Pentax Limited in all of there description. Now they have partially changed there description.

Repeat, it is the XS lens, not the limited.

Do not buy unless you want the 40mm XS lens.

Robert

Last edited by 1812; 01-23-2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: To make sure nobody else purchases this lens by mistake
Views: 9,266
01-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #121
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
That's exactly what I did in the last Overstock round - had my credit the same day they received it back.
Me too. I also alerted my CC company that they sent the wrong item and I had refused delivery. Can't be too careful with your money these days.

01-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #122
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Me too. I also alerted my CC company that they sent the wrong item and I had refused delivery. Can't be too careful with your money these days.
That's a good idea Doc - will remember that in the future.
01-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #123
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by calculator01 Quote
On top of that, apparently even the CEO of Overstock.com gets things mixed up: Gun allegedly found in Overstock.com CEOís luggage
What a dumba**. How could you not know you had a loaded weapon in your carry on bag? If you let someone else pack your carryon, and you didn't check what was packed, you deserve what you get.
01-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #124
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
What a dumba**. How could you not know you had a loaded weapon in your carry on bag? If you let someone else pack your carryon, and you didn't check what was packed, you deserve what you get.
He thought he had a DA 40mm Limited in his bag.

01-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #125
Veteran Member

Another update for those paying attention...

So, my lens must have arrived back at the Overstock depot today, as they issued me a refund. However, the refund is not for the full amount. I come home from work and jump into the live chat and this time I get someone who was obviously competent. i.e. Not the 'Sam' I was dealing with prior.

All she could do was take my information and she was escalating it to the International Orders supervisor. Done. No messing around for 15 minutes trying to explain that I received a 40mm XS and that the add was previously a 40mm Ltd and blah blah blah.

So it's great that Overstock has one competent employee, but what a hassle it has been. Plus now I have to wait for the Supervisor to look into the matter, contact me, and hopefully credit me a full refund.
01-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #126
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by calculator01 Quote
Another update for those paying attention...

So, my lens must have arrived back at the Overstock depot today, as they issued me a refund. However, the refund is not for the full amount. I come home from work and jump into the live chat and this time I get someone who was obviously competent. i.e. Not the 'Sam' I was dealing with prior.

All she could do was take my information and she was escalating it to the International Orders supervisor. Done. No messing around for 15 minutes trying to explain that I received a 40mm XS and that the add was previously a 40mm Ltd and blah blah blah.

So it's great that Overstock has one competent employee, but what a hassle it has been. Plus now I have to wait for the Supervisor to look into the matter, contact me, and hopefully credit me a full refund.
Challenge it immediately with your credit card company.
01-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #127
Veteran Member

I've got PayPal to go through first and then the CC company. Plus with PayPal I'm a 'Premier Merchant' or something.... so maybe that will help if need be.

Brittany informed me that the supervisor should be contacting me tomorrow and it will be resolved quickly. So seeing as how a refund is supposed to take 5-7 business days and it took less than 1... maybe they are getting on top of things?
01-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #128
Veteran Member

Got the full refund. Now that all attachments are cut with Overstock, I can review the lens, purchase, etc. accordingly without fear of the CEO finding his misplaced guns

01-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #129

QuoteOriginally posted by azcavalier Quote
Just bought it from Overstock.com right now. Six left. So excited....can't wait to put it on my new K-5 IIs.
Hi, I would like to buy it, too, if it is the limited lens, but the top of the page says, "Pentax DA 40mm F2.8 XS Lens." Is that not the even smaller kit lens that retails for $250 or so? The bottom of the page does refer to the "limited" model, so I'm not sure what model is being sold. Called Overstock, a good company, and they said they'd get back to me. Please inform me if it is the limited, I'd buy it.
01-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #130
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KLH7 Quote
Hi, I would like to buy it, too, if it is the limited lens, but the top of the page says, "Pentax DA 40mm F2.8 XS Lens." Is that not the even smaller kit lens that retails for $250 or so? The bottom of the page does refer to the "limited" model, so I'm not sure what model is being sold. Called Overstock, a good company, and they said they'd get back to me. Please inform me if it is the limited, I'd buy it.
DO NOT BUY. Read the posts. Every single person has gotten XS. Not only that, it is stripped out of kit - not even the full retail XS you can buy for $249 or less.
01-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #131
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The lens in their picture says Limited in red letters if you look close.
01-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #132
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HenrikDK Quote
DO NOT BUY. Read the posts. Every single person has gotten XS. Not only that, it is stripped out of kit - not even the full retail XS you can buy for $249 or less.
Yeah - the OP should put this in large red letters in the original post.
01-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #133
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
The lens in their picture says Limited in red letters if you look close.

Originally everything they had listed said "Limited". - description, header etc. lots of people have ordered and they all got the wrong lens. Overstock then changed the headline, but left everything else (at least when I last looked)

They are using a third party to do this. If you want to mess with return and refund by all means try it. I wouldn't. Already did it once

Yes - PLEASE change the header to say 40mm Overstock lens - DO NOT BUY...

This will become another Aprils fools K-3 post....
01-24-2013, 06:18 AM   #134
Pentaxian

Called Overstock, a good company
After reading this thread, I wonder how anyone can write "Overstock.com" and "a good company" in the same sentence.