Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Pentax K-5 with 18-135mm WR for CAD$999
Posted By: mariopato2010, 01-17-2013, 06:28 PM

Buy Digital SLR Cameras - Shop and Compare Digital SLR - Henry's best camera store in Canada
Views: 3,675
01-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
creating a paypal account does not take that long I don't think. I guess you can always get a used K5 from this forums if you don't need that 18-135mm lens, just a thought.

01-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mariopato2010 Quote
creating a paypal account does not take that long I don't think. I guess you can always get a used K5 from this forums if you don't need that 18-135mm lens, just a thought.
In fact I already have a paypal account, and I used it to place the order and they cancelled the order without giving any reason.

It was interesting to note that they have "57 Available for Online Shopping" exactly like it was Sunday morning. It came down to 54 for sometime this morning!

The only reason I tried this deal was because of 18-135mm.
If anyone else is looking for this deal, BuyDig.com has the body for $744.00 and add another $105 for Pentax 50-200mm (WR).

Last edited by TropicalMonkey; 01-21-2013 at 08:53 PM.
01-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TropicalMonkey Quote
Now it is back up to 57 available for online ordering. They must have cancelled all US orders.

Anybody received confirmation email yet?
Why would they cancel US orders? Am I missing something here?

QuoteQuote:
US Shipping Rates and Information

USA Shipments by Xpresspost
All States
All Orders
$12.95 (USD)

If the item(s) that you ordered are in-stock it will take Xpresspost approximately 6 to 10 business days to deliver your parcel.
01-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Why would they cancel US orders? Am I missing something here?
May be because paypal is not very safe way to make payments and they don't take non-Canadian credit cards.

01-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #20
Veteran Member

May be because paypal is not very safe way to make payments and they don't take non-Canadian credit cards.
Ahh...OK. I still don't see how this makes them cancel orders unless everyone form the US who has made an order is not using PayPal.

Myself - been using PayPal for over 10 years - don't see why it "is not very safe".
01-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Technically as I recall because of the marketing agreements with Pentax they are not supposed to sell across the borders, which is why its so F'ing impossible to get the Japanese only stuff new from a regular US retailer even special order.
Odd that they wouldn't bother to mention that when cancelling unless its listed elsewhere on the site.
01-22-2013, 06:31 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Paypal is extremely safe, which is why Henry's defaults to it for international sales. No, you may have been cancelled because they are selling at this price thanks to Pentax Canada (Henry's is not known for cutting their own profit margins, ever), and it's possible there is a "no cross-border sales" stipulation on these prices. I know there's no such agreement in general (hearing that directly from Pentax Canada sales themselves), which is why sellers like ProDigital2000 on eBay (Carman's in Canada) will sell "Canadian Pentax" to the US, and why B&H will sell "US Pentax" to Canada, no problem.

Give Henry's web sales team a call, if you haven't already, and they can probably explain it.

01-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Paypal is extremely safe, which is why Henry's defaults to it for international sales. No, you may have been cancelled because they are selling at this price thanks to Pentax Canada (Henry's is not known for cutting their own profit margins, ever), and it's possible there is a "no cross-border sales" stipulation on these prices. I know there's no such agreement in general (hearing that directly from Pentax Canada sales themselves), which is why sellers like ProDigital2000 on eBay (Carman's in Canada) will sell "Canadian Pentax" to the US, and why B&H will sell "US Pentax" to Canada, no problem.

Give Henry's web sales team a call, if you haven't already, and they can probably explain it.
I got a reply to my email they cancelled because of unconfirmed address. They still have 57 for online ordering though!
I usually use paypal for small amounts to pay ebay purchases.

Edit: Problem was that I tried to send it to my work address, which is not Paypal verified. I placed a new order and I received my K5 with 18-135mm!

Last edited by TropicalMonkey; 01-26-2013 at 11:25 AM.
01-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #24
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Henry's had a similar sale, although not quite this good, on the K-5 last January. Not sure how they negotiated it with Pentax but it was certainly to Henry's benefit as when I went in they had no Nikon stock because the flooding that had taken out some of the manufacturing facilities. This partly looks like a great way to sell out the rest of their K-5 stock.

I got a reply to my email they cancelled because of unconfirmed address
I believe there is a way to confirm your address with paypal should you want to follow this through.
01-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Just checked their site 2 seconds ago and it shows 59 in stock

Are they adding new stock or simply not able to sell any even at this low price? Hmmm
01-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How is the warranty affected by the purchase outside of the country? For a long time I had my mind made up to get the K-30 with the 18-135 but this deal has me rethinking this. Also, would the 2 year extended warranty from B&H or Adorama still be applicable?
01-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #27
Veteran Member

From what I understand, if you bought this kit and live in the US, you would be covered under an international 1 year warranty. For any warranty service, you would have to make arrangements and send the camera to Henry's in Canada, who would then in turn send the camera to Pentax Canada for repair.

No, the extended warranty from B&H is for US purchases only.

Really.....I don't understand.......Why would one take a chance on this and all the hassle involved when you can get the same kit from a flagship US vendor for $12.05 more???
Where can I get the kit for $12.05 more in the US?
01-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Put this in your cart to see the discounted price:

Pentax K-30 Digital SLR Camera with 18-135 WR (Weather Resistant) DA Lens, Black 15635

Edit to add: when I posted about this in my previous post, it was in stock. It now shows as being out of stock, but you can still place your order for the price and will be shipped when they get their stock in again.
But that is K30. Henrys selling K5.
01-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #29
Veteran Member

But that is K30. Henrys selling K5.
My mistake - will edit my post.
01-27-2013, 12:17 AM   #30
Forum Member

I was hoping to use my cc to get the free extended warranty
How does one go about getting this free extended warranty? I can't a mention of it on their site?