Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Pentax Q with 02 Lens, $249.99, Free Shipping at NewEgg
Posted By: dcshooter, 01-23-2013, 05:54 AM

Just as the Shopnbc.com offer has expired, here comes another great offer on the Pentax Q with 02 lens at Newegg.com - $249.99 with free shipping and Google purchase protection!
Also, unlike the Target.com deal, it's tax free in most U.S. states.

Newegg.com - PENTAX Q (15100) Black 12.4 MP 3.0" 460K LCD Digital Camera with 02 Standard Zoom Lens

Last edited by dcshooter; 01-23-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Views: 2,861
02-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
lol...stan you're stirring the pot again...bulitt run as fast as you can...both stan and i are very bad people and you will end up buying things you never thought you needed...welcome to the club...i've barely had mine for less than a week and ordered another today...didn't want to lose out on the price...the other thing to keep in mind is that we aren't paying the higher prices when they first came out...that should justify at least buying 2 ...hahhaha

02-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #17
Lens Buying Addict

At least I am secure in the knowledge that I bought my (2) Q's from members who were disposing of the "extra" parts of these kits that they didn't need - so I'm doing a service to others, not feeding my addiction.

Yeaaaah, that's the ticket.

02-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
At least I am secure in the knowledge that I bought my (2) Q's from members who were disposing of the "extra" parts of these kits that they didn't need - so I'm doing a service to others, not feeding my addiction.

Yeaaaah, that's the ticket.

The ultimate in recycling as I see it!
02-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Thanks all! I have been intrigued by it for a while now and spent some time looking through pics during lunch today. I've been looking a telecoverters also, so I decided to ditch that for a while and see what I can do with this little guy. Plus, I never seem to have my gear with me when I need it. The Q can hang out in my bag all the time.

02-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bullitt_60 Quote
Thanks all! I have been intrigued by it for a while now and spent some time looking through pics during lunch today. I've been looking a telecoverters also, so I decided to ditch that for a while and see what I can do with this little guy. Plus, I never seem to have my gear with me when I need it. The Q can hang out in my bag all the time.
I was told a while ago when thinking of buying a Q, and that I am primarily a long lens shooter, that the Q is the ultimate TC - and they were right!

Also the point of being able to have the Q with you a lot more than you would with a DSLR is very true. This little camera has opened a lot of eyes even for the seasoned photographers.

Looking forward to your contributions in the Q section.
02-05-2013, 05:51 AM   #21
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Check it out folks, currently $189.99!

I bought the $249.99 deal a couple of weeks ago.
Wonder if there's any chance of getting a price adjustment from newegg?
02-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Check it out folks, currently $189.99!

I bought the $249.99 deal a couple of weeks ago.
Wonder if there's any chance of getting a price adjustment from newegg?
newegg does not have a price protection policy - quote from their site:

QuoteQuote:
Newegg does not offer any price guarantees due to the fact that industry prices change quickly and often. All prices are as posted at the time of purchase. If your order has not been shipped, you can choose to cancel it and re-order to take advantage of any new prices.
02-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Not necessarily .. try to chat or call them up! I just called up Newegg and after some elevator music mixed with sine wave noises, they kindly refunded me the price difference - viola!
Best part : UPS out for delivery today ..

02-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by digital029art Quote
Not necessarily .. try to chat or call them up! I just called up Newegg and after some elevator music mixed with sine wave noises, they kindly refunded me the price difference - viola!
That's good to hear - newegg has always been one of my favorite vendors.
02-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #25
Veteran Member

I need to call, mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow.
02-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #26
Veteran Member

They credited me the difference! The nice customer service lady explained that price changes are honored up until you take receipt of the item. So if yours is shipping, call now!!
02-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bullitt_60 Quote
They credited me the difference! The nice customer service lady explained that price changes are honored up until you take receipt of the item. So if yours is shipping, call now!!
Good deal!
02-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #28
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by digital029art Quote
Thanks for posting this info!

I tried the chat line, took too long, so I called.
The best they could do, since my camera was delivered almost 2 weeks ago, was to offer a $30 refund.
Re-stock fee is 15% ($37) plus pay for return shipping.
So I took the refund, bringing my total cost down to $220.
I'm a happy camper, and highly recommend Newegg to anyone thinking of buying from them.
02-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #29
Lens Buying Addict

FWIW, I'm in for the K / 01 / 02 quasi 2-lens kit for $335 (by relieving members of the parts of these deals that they did not want) and I have a second Q as well. I don't know whether that is good, bad or average, but I'm happy. I sure do have a lot of Q System boxes though. Maybe my children can sell some "Empty Box Only" collectibles to Pacific Rim Camera in a few decades.
02-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yet another deal I can't take advantage of to get this camera! Newegg Canada still wants $349 for this kit. My Groupon order was cancelled as well I might have to break down and post a wanted ad, and see if I can find a US forum member to take pity on me.