02-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If that doesn't tempt people ......
02-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
$421 all in, shipped to Ontario Canada.....$44 more than the yellow version I'm waiting to ship from Amazon......what to do, what to do...........

Last edited by WiseOx; 02-11-2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: whoops...missed adding shipping to the cost....
02-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Ordered, thanks for the heads up Adam. I'm just not sure Amazon is going to ship the cheap Yellow ones (I ordered late in the game), and I prefer black anyway. These are all completely gone up here in Canada.....not many opportunities left to buy one new, I'm afraid.

02-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #5

Got mine from B&H today. I cancelled my Amazon order a while back and had second thoughts. I like the black better--maybe not $44 worth of better, but better, just for purposes of being discreet (which is why I black out the blazing brand names on all my camera straps). So far, I'm thinking this camera is a keeper. At one time, I thought of it as a good purchase just for the lens and planned dump the body. Now, not so much. I love the focus peaking. As a K-7 owner, I am blown away by the 3200 ISO performance to which you K-5 owners are already accustomed. I am seeing this as my indoor shoot, go-to camera, with the K-7 going on the hikes and the boat until I can afford a K-5. But then, there's that vacation in May, when I won't want to carry two cameras. Anybody want to buy a K-7?
02-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #6

Aw man--I just saw the deal where you get "site supporter" (i.e. Marketplace access) status if you purchase from B&H and follow the instructions. I, of course, did not follow the instructions (being unaware of them at the time). But I DID make my purchase by following the link from here. Adam, is there any way to recover? It was good faith--I did indeed come back here and follow the link specifically to support your good work.
02-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WiseOx Quote
$421 all in, shipped to Ontario Canada.....$44 more than the yellow version I'm waiting to ship from Amazon......what to do, what to do...........
I have the similar situation; I think the yellow one is not bad (quite discreet), not intimating at all for street photo shoots. OTOH, I also like the black one as well; but the black one is very common and too close to my k-5, yet without a viewfinder. In a long run, the yellow one will be a keeper and probably carries more aesthetic value as well, IMHO.

QuoteOriginally posted by Piscator Quote
Got mine from B&H today. I cancelled my Amazon order a while back and had second thoughts. I like the black better--maybe not $44 worth of better, but better, just for purposes of being discreet (which is why I black out the blazing brand names on all my camera straps). So far, I'm thinking this camera is a keeper. At one time, I thought of it as a good purchase just for the lens and planned dump the body. Now, not so much. I love the focus peaking. As a K-7 owner, I am blown away by the 3200 ISO performance to which you K-5 owners are already accustomed. I am seeing this as my indoor shoot, go-to camera, with the K-7 going on the hikes and the boat until I can afford a K-5. But then, there's that vacation in May, when I won't want to carry two cameras. Anybody want to buy a K-7?
I agree as well regarding the comparison to k-7; I have recently sold my k-7 since I did not use it that much since I got my k-5. The k-01 has another advantage over the k-7 as it has focus-peeking feature (really useful for manual focus lenses). And of course, as you said, the ISO performance of the k-01 sensor is far better than the k-7.
02-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Aw man--I just saw the deal where you get "site supporter" (i.e. Marketplace access) status if you purchase from B&H and follow the instructions. I, of course, did not follow the instructions (being unaware of them at the time). But I DID make my purchase by following the link from here. Adam, is there any way to recover? It was good faith--I did indeed come back here and follow the link specifically to support your good work.
I'm pretty sure if you did in fact make your purchase after following the link here on the forum you might be OK. If you did, I would send Adam a PM with your date of purchase and invoice number and he should be able to tell if it went through properly, and if so, will be able to grant you the site supporter status.

02-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #9

@ stormtech--Yes, Adam looked up the purchase number and gave me the credit. Thanks Adam! Also, I'm posting here to see if I can make this thread stop showing up as "unread" on my notifications. I've come back here umpteen times and seen no updates, and it still shows up as "unread." We'll see what happens.
02-22-2013, 06:18 AM   #10
Veteran Member

@ stormtech--Yes, Adam looked up the purchase number and gave me the credit. Thanks Adam! Also, I'm posting here to see if I can make this thread stop showing up as "unread" on my notifications. I've come back here umpteen times and seen no updates, and it still shows up as "unread." We'll see what happens.
Great!

I've seen the same thing sometimes when Adam starts a post (constantly showing unread) - must have something to do with a setting that Adam has being the Administrator.