Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
K-30 body only $555
Posted By: UncleRed, 02-12-2013, 01:42 PM

Great price!

Amazon.com: Pentax K-30 Weather-Sealed 16 MP CMOS Digital SLR (Black, Body Only): Camera & Photo
Views: 1,042
02-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great Price. BE CAREFUL, this is sold by Electronics Basket which has a terrible reputation for selling used as new, having missing parts, and breaking up sets and even keeping the serial number cards.

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-K-30-Weather-Sealed-Black-Body/product-reviews/...owViewpoints=0
02-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
Site Supporter

I am not sure this link will work but check the comments under the review linked by Docrwm above:

Amazon.com: Mark C. "Pentax Cameras"'s review of Pentax K-30 Weather-Sealed 16 MP CMOS Digi...

Plus, personally I would check with Pentax to verify that a seller was an authorized dealer before making a purchase like this.
02-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I saw that review as well so I have decided to either buy one from a reputable seller or get one on here.

02-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Sorry to be a spoil sport but I think who you buy from is an important factor. I'm personally about done with BuyDig.Com - 3 times they've claimed to have something, sold it to me, taken my money, and then back-ordered it. This one just seems to sell recycled stuff as if it were new.
02-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
mee
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Keep seeing these 3rd party vendors through amazon being listed here on PF.. please.. stop!

These are likely greymarket bodies from Latin America... at least if this is to be believed and true for the K-30 What's going on here? - Photo.net Pentax Forum

In any case.. the 3rd party vendors are always substantially lower in cost than anyone else on the planet for these camera products.. and are not recognized as authorized dealers.. which should be suspicious enough not to encourage others to spend their money with these vendors.
02-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
How to be careful

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Great Price. BE CAREFUL, this is sold by Electronics Basket which has a terrible reputation for selling used as new, having missing parts, and breaking up sets and even keeping the serial number cards.

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pentax K-30 Weather-Sealed 16 MP CMOS Digital SLR (Black, Body Only)
I agree. But let me say it more bluntly. The WAY to "BE CAREFUL" is to "STAY AWAY". Are we THAT desperate??? Please, use some common sense. Of course, this is just my opinion. If you want to beg to get ripped off, that is your own business. B&H and Adorama and other authorized's have enough trouble just keeping track of all the returned lenses with minor problems like back focus and decentering. Now throw in gray-market goods with no Pentax authorized USA warranty. Think venus fly-trap, mother nature is out to get you.

Perhaps this is what America deserves as it slowly slithers into the grip of second-world country statusssss.....